Super Long Processing .....  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
pollarda

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Super Long Processing .....

by pollarda » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:30 pm

I have a panorama that I started at 4:00pm and it is now 8:20am and it is still going. The stitch is 175 images (5 shot bracket so a 35 fram picture). Normally on my machine, it takes about an hour and 20 minutes for a similar panorama but clearly we are passed that now. When I look, I see that AutoPano is using 24GB of memory which doesn't bounce up or down like some programs do when they are doing something. This panorama has lots of empty sky as it was overcast when I took the picture which may cause the stitcher problems.

How long should I go before I give up? Can AutoPano hang under certain circumstances?

My machine FWIW is : 3.4GHZ, 32GB RAM, 5TB drives, 2GB vRAM so it should crunch right through the panorama.

-Art

no avatar
HansKeesom

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by HansKeesom » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:07 pm

As long as the CPU and disk I/O seem to be doing something, there is hope.

Alternatively use enfusegui to fusion the stacks and then stitch the results.
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.