Different focal length  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
frm

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Different focal length

by frm » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:27 pm

Hello togehter!

I want to make panos with different focal length´s. Some parts with 35mm and some parts with 100mm. Is there a tutorial about this?
What´s the best way to combine two focals? Working with layers, render two panos and manually blend,...?

Thank you!

ThomasV
Kolor Team

Liked in: 1 post
Info

by ThomasV » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:39 am

Hello,

Welcome on the forum.
You can mix pictures with different focals in a single pano. You don't need to separate them into layers.

One important thing is that the rendering engine enables you to give priority to "long focal" pictures. You can find it in the 'Quick preview' options. It makes the anti-ghost tool to keep pixels shooted with the longest focal instead of resolving for potential ghost.

Regards,
Thomas

no avatar
frm

Topic author
Info

by frm » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:14 am

Hello,
thank you for response. I shot the images manually on a nodal-adapter, row per row.
So I decided to use the gigapan-import-tool to import 100mm images, because it works better. But how can I add the 35mm images there?

ThomasV
Kolor Team

Info

by ThomasV » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:34 pm

Hello,

If you use the gigapan importer, then, there will some manual work.

Once you have your gigapan panorama, open the editor and then add your 100mm pictures to the panorama using the layer editor.
Then, you have to move manually each 100mm picture to their approximate location, and then run 'Geometric optimization' on this picture. This should find some new links for this picture.
Once all 100mm pictures are linked in the panorama, re-optimize the full panorama.

Hope it helps,
Thomas

no avatar
frm

Topic author
Info

by frm » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:40 pm

instead of placing each photo individual is it possible to stitch both panos and then combine them?

ThomasV
Kolor Team

Info

by ThomasV » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:31 am

Hello,

Once your first panorama opened in the editor, you can use the "Merge panorama" tool in the File menu.

Regards,
Thomas