Fusion Workflow  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Twilight

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Fusion Workflow

by Twilight » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:44 am

I shot a four image pano, each RAW image bracketed -/0/+. Used JPGs in the interest of saving time.

Then:

Import RAW to Lightroom, Stack, Run LR/Enfuse plug-in, Export JPG to APG, Stitch, Render.
Import RAW to Lightroom, Export JPG, Import to EnfuseGUI, Enfuse, Import to APG, Stitch, Render.
Import RAW to APG, Detect, Stitch/Fuse, Render.

The first workflow was by far the fastest.
The first and second workflows gave identical results using default setting in LR/Enfuse and EnfuseGUI.
The last workflow took the longest, with the RAW processing. And I could never get the color correct! The highlights went magenta. Finally I turned the color correction off and then things looked normal. I used the default fusion settings in processing and rendering and got a rendered image that was blown out.

I'm going to stick to the first workflow for the foreseeable future.

Anyone else have other fusion options or workflows they would like to share? :D

Jon

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:03 pm

other fusing software that do also an excellent job:

oloneo photo engine - easy to use. preset can be used for batches. antighost only works good if images are not misaligned. denoising option genious (stacking multiple images per position with identical focal/wb/aperture/shutterspeed - but images dimensions must be equal in w/h)
photomatix pro - many options - fusing and/or tonemapping. antighost good in auto mode, best with manually. batching not so fast like enfusegui.
zerene stacker - (for focus stacking only) - commandline can be used with external autopano plugin.

Georg

no avatar
HansKeesom

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by HansKeesom » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:04 pm

Hi Jon,

I have exactly the same experience. I tell the photographers that make the photos for me to do everything in JPG+RAW and to first upload the JPG's to me. As long a the jpg's were reasonbly exposed and whitebalanced I can do things quickly with jpgs. Only when thing have gone very wrong I ask for the RAW's

Twilight wrote:I shot a four image pano, each RAW image bracketed -/0/+. Used JPGs in the interest of saving time.

Then:

Import RAW to Lightroom, Stack, Run LR/Enfuse plug-in, Export JPG to APG, Stitch, Render.
Import RAW to Lightroom, Export JPG, Import to EnfuseGUI, Enfuse, Import to APG, Stitch, Render.

The first and second workflows gave identical results using default setting in LR/Enfuse and EnfuseGUI.
The last workflow took the longest, with the RAW processing. And I could never get the color correct! The highlights went magenta. Finally I turned the color correction off and then things looked normal. I used the default fusion settings in processing and rendering and got a rendered image that was blown out.

Jon
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

no avatar
marzipano

Liked in: 14 posts
Info

by marzipano » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:51 am

As I have posted here before, I have tried the same tests as you and got the same results and also settled on your first solution as preferable (except I use Photomatix not Enfuse GUI as the Anti-Ghosting and Alignment is much better IMO)

As far as your problems with colour are concerned with using APG Layering and Fusion, the setting in the Panoramas Tab called "Layers Editor" / "Default Regroup" has the biggest effect on colour. This needs to be set to "By Stack" or "By Bracket" depending on your grouping method used rather than "Don't Regroup" in order to activate the proper layer colour fusion. This also prevents any anti-ghosting, however, so is a trade-off.

I only mention this as this may not be the default which you say you used

Twilight wrote:I shot a four image pano, each RAW image bracketed -/0/+. Used JPGs in the interest of saving time.

Then:

Jon

no avatar
Twilight

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by Twilight » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:30 pm

Hi Marzipano,

Yes, I really like the Lightroom Enfuse plug-in. I've tried Photomatix in the past, maybe I'll take a look again.

Ah, I think you may be right. Could be I messed something up. I've read through the wiki, but I'm sure I'm missing the understanding of some things. It's in Fran-glish, so some of it makes no sense to me... :D

What do you suggest for grouping method? I'm shooting single row, locked down on a heavy tripod. I'm just trying to understand why you would use one over the other.

At least with this I discovered the Links>Layout>Single Row Or Column setting. How did I miss that?

Oh well. Better practice some more. :/

Thanks,

Jon

marzipano wrote:As far as your problems with colour are concerned with using APG Layering and Fusion, the setting in the Panoramas Tab called "Layers Editor" / "Default Regroup" has the biggest effect on colour. This needs to be set to "By Stack" or "By Bracket" depending on your grouping method used rather than "Don't Regroup" in order to activate the proper layer colour fusion. This also prevents any anti-ghosting, however, so is a trade-off.

I only mention this as this may not be the default which you say you used