Long flat panorama  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
pimpoum

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Long flat panorama

by pimpoum » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:50 am

Hi all,

I want to create a panorama a large painting on a very long wall (around 10 metres)...

Is it possible with autopano?

How should I proceed?

The problem is that I cannot take all the pictures from one single position. I'll have to move my tripod along the painting...won't I?

any advice is welcome....

Thanks

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:16 am

http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/view/Reproducing_a_painting_or_artwork
but I've no idea/practise which is better: moving the tripod to take all images from exact 90" angle or to keep camera in one single point and take the images like a outdoor landscape pano...
Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:32 am

Hi..

My suggestion would be to use a wheel dolly system which attach to your tripod legs and then buy some 50mm plastic conduit and make up a track... You then put markers using a marker pen on the track marked off after testing the most appropriate distance of movement from left to right.. You need to make sure your camera is perfectly level. My D800 has a levelling system built in so I am assuming other cameras have the same.. The process works really well and it relativity cheap to setup.. You can also buy heavier gear with rubber or metal track and a heavier dolly system.. But not worth buying if its just a one of project.. There is a mob in India that sell all the hardware, so if you are interested in this option I will dig out the links to their web site..

Destiny..
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

a a gruntpuddock

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by a a gruntpuddock » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:00 pm

Autopano Giga (not Pro) is designed to handle the situation where the camera changes position.
A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.