Open 2.6 360 Project with 3.0 results  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
atuor

Topic author
Liked in: 2 posts
Info

Open 2.6 360 Project with 3.0 results

by atuor » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:25 am

I just upgraded to Giga 3.0, and wanted to have a try on older Panos saved with 2.6, results were quite unexpected. (attached Thumnails) :/

I suppose that with the new version all should be reworked ? Starting all over by just selecting pictures, letting AP automatically stitch didn't give better results.

Any tip for 360 Panos ? Things to consider ? Thanks

Olympus OMD-E5 - Kalahari pano head - OpenSuse OS

no avatar
HansKeesom

Info

by HansKeesom » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:35 am

What you see should not happen, but we can understand not every situation has been tested by kolor. They problably like to receive your set of photos.

Is the second image what you see in the editor, after pressing preview or after generating?

If you really want to reload old projects you might indeed wanna redo the detection phase and keep an good eye on whether the lens information is read correctly. Sometimes a fisheye is not seen as such or the opposite.
Last edited by HansKeesom on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

no avatar
atuor

Topic author
Info

by atuor » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:48 am

You're right :) there were some adjustments to make, and where AP2.6 'recognised all picture as Fisheye, AP 3.0 didn't. So I finally tried several settings, and it came out that setting all pict to Standard (I used a 9mm Micro 4/3 ) turns out to give very good results. Thanks for the input ;)

no avatar
atuor

Topic author
Info

by atuor » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:59 am

And I'm astonished by the speed and flexibility improvements over 2.6 (Linux) version :)

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:37 pm

and if you use preview button in apg 3.0 final. is this effect still visible? or is your second screenshot the final render?
Georg

no avatar
atuor

Topic author
Info

by atuor » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:21 pm

It was the preview, I didn'render it as it was not satisfactory, but yes I tried preview and funnily that worked out fine, weird . Anyway now I get good results :)

no avatar
atuor

Topic author
Info

by atuor » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:23 pm

Sorry I meant before preview it was not OK, just after pressing preview it went OK, maybe some corrections to make in the pre-preview :)