Why different image dimensions after processing?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
DarrylT

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Why different image dimensions after processing?

by DarrylT » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:17 pm

Hi,

I have a problem where I am aiming to stitch X amount of photos. But everytime I put it through Giga for processing the final image output always has different image dimensions (lengthxwidth). Can someone tell me why and how do I stop it?

All the photos that I input are of the exact same dimension. I need the output to be consistent so that I can merge 3 sets of X amount of photos to create a HDR photo.

Please help, I've tried everything :(

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:49 pm

well use photomatix or oloneo or any other software to fuse your images and than stitch these fused images.
or load ALL images into autopano, group your sets of images and than render your pano (hdr in autopano) of export as exr fileformat and use than this pano to create your hdr with photomatix or other software

Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DrSlony

Info

by DrSlony » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:02 am

DarrylT tell us exacty what you do in APG and how you set the pano up.

no avatar
hermer-blr

Info

by hermer-blr » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:49 pm

There may be many causes to this difference.

One, that I have experienced recently was due to the calculation of the focal lenth by the software. I had however forced the value before panorama detection, but APG had changed it during detection, causing the panorama dimensions to be different from what I used to get.
Nikon D5100 (formerly Nikon D60) - Sigma 10-20 - 24 shots Panoramas in 3 raws
Windows 32 bits - APG
website htt://jmh.trp.free.fr

no avatar
DarrylT

Topic author
Info

by DarrylT » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:24 pm

Gkaefer - Thanks for the reply. At the moment I do that but it is so time consuming because I'd be creating HDR after HDR before stitching them (as opposed to say 3 sets of photos at diff exposures then stitch). I did try the APG's auto HDR stitching but I find that the results aren't very satisfactory as a dedicated HDR program.

DrSlony - Say if I have 3 sets (3 different exposures) of 3 identical photographs, I load them into APG, thus creating 3 groups. I then ran them with similar settings and the detected images have different image dimensions. It's never happened before but it's happening now for whatever reason.

no avatar
aromer

Info

by aromer » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:11 am

I too have this issue - I am using a nikon D600 with a 20mm lens and a Seitz VR drive II. I use the papywized input and generally have a 3 frame bracket coming out to 87 images overall.

After autodetection I find the panos that were taken with everything exactly the same have radically different dimensions - any thoughts on this?