How do you sell yourself from your tours?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
billjones

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

How do you sell yourself from your tours?

by billjones » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:23 am

My latest tour, the Car Collection http://astimegoesby.us/panoramas/austinscarcollection was featured on the Hemmings Blog http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2012/09/15/four-links-360-degree-collection-tour-windsor-castle-concours-what-if-packard-panther-vintech-p550/

Because of this I have had over 1000 viewrs in the past few days. I use the stats package from gostats and they report all hits, visitors and paths taken along with refers and exit as well as IP's, Point is that I only had one click on the logo in the upper right corner and visit my website so I must be doing something wrong. Since I would like to generate business what do you guys do that works?

I know the pano's url isn't the same as the business site, but I had a lot of church tours and never had anyone to speak of visit the site they where attached to (top level). On that note I am copying a net set tp rhmapano.com and will enable a forward to it, but I don't think that's the issue.
Last edited by billjones on Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

DrSlony

Info

by DrSlony » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:16 am

Hi

The problem might be that your website looks like one of those parked domain websites, with computer generated text and links that point to more links. You have a mountain of text I'd never bother reading, and the important stuff - the pano links - is in a small box on the right that reinforces the link mining look.

Drop most of the text, avoid the words "buy" and "sell", add relevant graphics, and emphasize the important stuff. Also remember that soon half your visitors will be using mobile browsers.

billjones

Topic author
Info

by billjones » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:38 pm

Okay on the website, problem I have uis getting them to the wesite.

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:28 pm

billjones wrote:My latest tour, the Car Collection http://astimegoesby.us/panoramas/austinscarcollection was featured on the Hemmings Blog http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2012/09/15/four-links-360-degree-collection-tour-windsor-castle-concours-what-if-packard-panther-vintech-p550/

Because of this I have had over 1000 viewrs in the past few days. I use the stats package from gostats and they report all hits, visitors and paths taken along with refers and exit as well as IP's, Point is that I only had one click on the logo in the upper right corner and visit my website so I must be doing something wrong. Since I would like to generate business what do you guys do that works?

I know the pano's url isn't the same as the business site, but I had a lot of church tours and never had anyone to speak of visit the site they where attached to (top level). On that note I am copying a net set tp rhmapano.com and will enable a forward to it, but I don't think that's the issue.

Try to achieve a personal contact to potential clients - a website always is just a kind of reminder. No one books anybody just by visting a website.

A website with tons of text or banners or stickers hardly anybody wants to read - i agree completely to DrSlony - because telling all the wonderful things you COULD do for a client is boring . . SHOW the wonderful things you can do for him/her.
Keep the site clean and clear - no gimmicks like animated text or textboxes and so on. There´s too much of it on the web - go for an elegant, aesthetical instead of spectacularly animated but cheap looking design. Let visitores EXPLORE your site instead of giving them the full load right on the startscreen . . . ;):cool:

Avoid boring the clients with telling about all the marvelous technical stuff you have - that´s not of any interest. Only results count. Instead of heralding your ingenuity . . ;):cool: . . . prove it by showing fine results!

And avoid a design and functionality that looks like a template you bought cheapo on the web - be unique.

That were some general comments.

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

billjones

Topic author
Info

by billjones » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:31 pm

I like the way you have a pano start on your intro, looks good. I use wordpress on the backend and it's harder to embed this stuff. I agree that I need to offer more the static text, but my real problem is getting anyone to go from the tour itself not in afterwards.