Choosing which ghosts to remove  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Toreador

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Choosing which ghosts to remove

by Toreador » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:59 pm

I have 3 photos making up a panorama, each has the same person in. APP is correctly removing the ghosts from 2 of the photos and leaving the person there once.

My question is, is there a way of telling the program which version of the person to leave and which to remove? It seems to be working from left to right, taking the person from the fiorst photos and removing them from the others, but I'd like it to use the person from the 3rd photo instead.

I feel this should be easy, but have spent a lonmg time getting nowhere!

Thanks

UK Pano

Info

by UK Pano » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:25 am

What about placing an alpha mask over the not required persons?
Canon 400D / Canon 24-105mm L / Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE / Sigma 10-20mm / Sigma 70-300mm / NN3 & R1 / PS CS2 / LR3 / Enfuse

no avatar
hermer-blr

Info

by hermer-blr » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:15 am

Yes - This is the right answer.

In order to be more accurate, you will have to use your preferred image processing software to edit the images with the ghosts you want to delete, create alpha channels, delete the ghosts to remove, and save the images as .png files.

It may happen that the person you want to keep in the image will also desappear; then you will have to do the same with the background (erase it) in order to make sure that the person will be there at the end.

A somewhat boring fiddling, but it works...
Nikon D5100 (formerly Nikon D60) - Sigma 10-20 - 24 shots Panoramas in 3 raws
Windows 32 bits - APG
website htt://jmh.trp.free.fr

no avatar
Toreador

Topic author
Info

by Toreador » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:05 pm

Thanks for the replies.
er... showing the depths of my ignorance, but what is an alpha mask/alpha channel, and how to I create one?
I'm using Photoshop Elements.

I tried just deleting that part of the image, but APP decided to use the empty space where the person used to be instead.

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Toreador wrote:Thanks for the replies.
er... showing the depths of my ignorance, but what is an alpha mask/alpha channel, and how to I create one?
I'm using Photoshop Elements.

I tried just deleting that part of the image, but APP decided to use the empty space where the person used to be instead.

using GIMP or photoshop or many others can do this to. creating an seperate layer defining as alpha layer. than you can erase those areas you dont wanna see... and this is finally transparent or erased . autopano can handle images containing alpha masks...
finally you can take your source image erase your ghosts and define the erasing tool so no white color is result, but a transparent area...

or just download apg version 3.0 alpha 1 which is available since some view hours and use the brand new "mask edition" tool (for this the images need to be overlapped or need stacked images...)

Georg