Saving panos  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Peter Spader

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Saving panos

by Peter Spader » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:51 pm

I have just purchased Kolor AutoPano and when I attempted to save a pano I had created I found I could not save it as anything but a Pano (.pano) file. I wish to save my files as TIFF (.tif) files to variuos folders, but the only options I am given in SAVE AS are the pano and "all files."

Interestingly I cannot even get a save, save as,etc/ option unless I am in the Edit mode, which may be the problem since I suspect the save. save aas is applying only to the editing I just did.

Obviouisly I am missing something very basic, but I do need help.

Thank you.

Pete

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:35 pm

Peter Spader wrote:I have just purchased Kolor AutoPano and when I attempted to save a pano I had created I found I could not save it as anything but a Pano (.pano) file. I wish to save my files as TIFF (.tif) files to variuos folders, but the only options I am given in SAVE AS are the pano and "all files."

Interestingly I cannot even get a save, save as,etc/ option unless I am in the Edit mode, which may be the problem since I suspect the save. save aas is applying only to the editing I just did.

Obviouisly I am missing something very basic, but I do need help.

Thank you.

Pete

Hi Pete,

welcome on forum ;-)
in autopano every "save" variation does mena save the project you're working on - so you an close autopano and redo/change/continue on your project later.
on left side the source images are grouped and on right side the detected pano is shown. on top navigation you've a File->Save Workspace which saves the left and the right parts... on right window you've different save options which do save only the detected pano.

this kind of saving you're talking about is available when you did render the detected panorama. after rendering (creating the final image) you can decide (before starting the rendering) in which format you wanna save the final pano, also tif....

see my screenshot where this render/saving is...

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

no avatar
Peter Spader

Topic author
Info

by Peter Spader » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:00 pm

Thanks Georg, but I had alreadys set the Rendersettings to TIFF, even before I hit Detect and the pano was created. It is at that point I cannot get a Save As on the File Drop down menu, and the only time I get a SAVE As under the File drop down menu is when I have hit edit and use the File with the edit box. I still only have the pano and the "all files" option when I select a folder to save in.

Any ideas what I obviously am still doing wrong?

Pete

no avatar
Peter Spader

Topic author
Info

by Peter Spader » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:29 pm

Another question. I was under the impression that AutoPano Pro 2.6.3 was usable as a standalone program. I am beginning to wonder if this is true. And if it is true what do I need to do to use it as a standalone program?

Pete

no avatar
Peter Spader

Topic author
Info

by Peter Spader » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:19 pm

I got it to do what I need it to do.

Thanks to Georg, and the Documentation via Tech Support, and various attempts trying various settings and procedures I now am able to save a TIff file to the desktop and then drag it into Picture Windows Pro 6 where I can do any last minute PP and save it to any folder I want. A little round-about but it works well enough.

I really do like this program. I used Sticher Express for a number of years before I got sick. Now that I am feeling well enough to be back taking pictures I found that Stichter is now put out by autodesk at a rather steep orice, and when I checked around I found this program getting really great reviews. I always liked the stitching processes it is usingh and so that is why I tried and now have bought it.

Expect I will be back with other questions down the road, but thankd Georg, for the suggestion that got me on track!
Pete

Pete

no avatar
hankkarl

Info

by hankkarl » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:36 pm

Peter, Think of "render" as a way to save the output of APP. There are a lot of options here, more than with the normal windows save command.

Look at all the options in the render checkllist which Georg posted above.

The green vertical line is near the place where you select the output file.

The short green arrow points to where you select TIFF or JPG or other.

The longer green arrow points to some rendering settings.

no avatar
tpc57

Info

by tpc57 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:33 pm

Hello,
I have done what the diagram shows me to do, Tiff, output file and when I press Render, I get a message with a stop sign saying the output file xxxxxxx is not found Emit: Catched: render even though it is not the output file that
i chose in the first place. I am lost, please help, thanks.

no avatar
tpc57

Info

by tpc57 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:13 am

Never mind, it is working now, Great Software.