Obviously, I have no idea what i'm doing. (i thought i did) any ideas?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
inMotion

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by inMotion » Tue May 29, 2012 7:56 pm

mediavets wrote:But it sounds as if these Import wizard workarounds are not going to work for you this time; it may be that the best that can be said of this particular shoot is that you are learning what not to do, but I think that could have been learned an easier way than spending 3 hours shooting 1500 images!

You're right mediuavets. I should have done more research before the shoot. I've done handheld 200+ image gigapixel panos before with almost no problems, so I erroneously thought that it would be this easy for a larger pano.

Time for sleep in China...and panorama nightmares. :(
http://vimeo.com/11328214 - My Silk Road Timelapse: Two Months Across Tibet, Xinjiang, Yunnan, and China

no avatar
lumelix

Info

by lumelix » Tue May 29, 2012 9:50 pm

Hi inMotion
Like Mediavets says you must have rows with the same number of images.
When you use a angular scale on the tripod head you have a near regular pattern, but sometimes one or two images to mutch at the end of a row.
Or you have shot one image twice. So you can delete them to fix this.
But when you don't use a scale then your pattern is irregular and then you can't do it with the Gigapan or Papywizard.
In this case you have to go first through the whole detection process. Use the default "Gigapixel"-Settings and low detection quality.
Good dreams without nightmare ;)

PS:The hard way is always the best to learn something ;)
Last edited by lumelix on Tue May 29, 2012 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
Martin

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Tue May 29, 2012 11:34 pm

inMotion wrote:also, I have no idea how to use papywizard in simulation mode, and i wasn't able to find anything mentioning it in the documentation. Opening the "papywizard-simul" shortcut provides this command prompt.

i'm beat...time for sleep. thanks for all the input guys!

download the latest DEVELOPMENT version of papywizard from
http://www.papywizard.org/wiki/Download
so you've now papywizard 2.2.21 or higher installed.
start the program
open hardware->plugins
under register plugin select simulation for all three...
than use hardware->connect (to connect to the non existing head...)
under settings you can choose your patterns and other options like crop factor, landscape or portrait etc.

now you can start your "pano" you can find the xml file under path you did choose under settings->data

Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Tue May 29, 2012 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

inMotion

Topic author
Info

by inMotion » Wed May 30, 2012 6:34 am

Thanks gkaefer for the explanation! i'll have to be using papywizard with the panogear head. It seems likely that i'll be receiving the panogear head today. My friend has been waiting at customs for the last 5 hours trying to convince them to release it.
http://vimeo.com/11328214 - My Silk Road Timelapse: Two Months Across Tibet, Xinjiang, Yunnan, and China

Previous