Desappointed by Samyang fisheye assembly of spherical panoramas  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
hermer-blr

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Desappointed by Samyang fisheye assembly of spherical panoramas

by hermer-blr » Fri May 11, 2012 12:36 pm

I am somewhat desappointed by the results achieved with a Samyang fisheye (that I bought 2 weeks ago), compared to the results achieved with my wide angle lens...

The RMS for the wide angle lens was very good (<1 for handheld panoramas) and the stitching result was perfect.
The best RMS I achieve with the Samyang is cat 1.7 for panoramas taken with a pano head. More important, the stitiching result is not perfect and I can see misalignment of features on the final panorama, showing that APG did not make a perfect projection of the images.

I have read that the Samyang projection is different from the one of a Nikon or Sigma fisheye. Is that taken into account by APG ? Are there any other explanations for the results I get ?

Note : I check the "multiple viewpoint" setting - This should be an additional warranty against nodal point misalignment (but I am confident that I did it correctly)
Nikon D5100 (formerly Nikon D60) - Sigma 10-20 - 24 shots Panoramas in 3 raws
Windows 32 bits - APG
website htt://jmh.trp.free.fr

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Liked in: 10 posts
Info

by AlexandreJ » Fri May 11, 2012 4:24 pm

Even if the Samyang projection is a bit different, the model we are using should fit this projection as well as Nikon.
If you have a case to share, I'm ready to look at.