Levels box grayed out in Render Dialog box  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Asher Kelman

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Levels box grayed out in Render Dialog box

by Asher Kelman » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:35 pm

I normally render to Photoshop files containing the stitched layer as well as all the component layers used and modified in the panorama. Each layers has a mask. So adjusting the output in Photoshop is possible using one's own choices, for example, which picture a particular feature comes from.

Right now, for some unknown reason, I can no longer check the layers option, only the Panorama and Embed all outputs options. I can still check the Pictures option, but that just gives a separate PSD file for every layer and that's not what I want.

What have I overlooked in the settings?

Thanks,

Asher
Journeys to the Masterpiece

"The Intimate Artistic Photography Forum"

no avatar
Asher Kelman

Topic author
Info

by Asher Kelman » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:42 am

Any ideas?

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Liked in: 10 posts
Info

by AlexandreJ » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:39 am

It has changed between 2.0 and 2.5.
Before : Layer would means include images
Now : Layer means, also add sub-panoramas in case you did create new layers in panorama editor. It's checkable only if you have stacks or did manually create a sub-panorama. What you probably want is to include individual image ( which is always checkable ).

Everything illustrated here : http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/view/Bracket_:_Using_Stacks

no avatar
Asher Kelman

Topic author
Info

by Asher Kelman » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:40 pm

AlexandreJ wrote:It has changed between 2.0 and 2.5.
Before : Layer would means include images
Now : Layer means, also add sub-panoramas in case you did create new layers in panorama editor. It's checkable only if you have stacks or did manually create a sub-panorama. What you probably want is to include individual image ( which is always checkable ).

Everything illustrated here : http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/view/Bracket_:_Using_Stacks

Thanks so much Alexandre!

That's a wonderful advance. Still it might be worth considering a clickable symbol in APG where one would link to the Wiki to get an explanation of the grayed-out item. APG is so rich with possibilities and this is being matched by an excellent in depth Wiki which could be leveraged. Just an idea.

Now I will feel free to shoot by auto bracketing. Could one set this up in the very beginning in preferences as a new option.

Auto Bracketing of images : Yes No

No of brackets: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Group exposures to sub panos Yes No

output file: tiff PSD PSB JPEH PNG

Show all the individual input layers in final output file yes no

Show the subpanos in the same output file [yes no
-
Show sub-panos in new files yes no

With something like this, everything is told to APG from the beginning and that information is used as needed along the way.

Then this setting could be saved and used again.

In fact, this could be a standard option at the outset! :)

Two questions arise:

1. Now how would one add a single wide angle image to this or would one also have to have that bracketed?

2. How could one add a group of people shot in the same location but not bracketed?

Asher