Templates for achieving exactly the same stitch ?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
MFranquelo

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Templates for achieving exactly the same stitch ?

by MFranquelo » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:03 am

Hello!

This is what i would like to achieve :
Tonemap my 5 exposure panorama

My question is this one..., how can i stitch each panorama exposure so that they exactly match each other ?
I tried using the template thing, but each one has a different RMS and different control points...
What options do i have to enable / disable ? i already tried many but still doesn´t work :(

Thank you for the help!
Regards, Manuel Franquelo.

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:16 pm

MFranquelo wrote:Hello!

This is what i would like to achieve :
Tonemap my 5 exposure panorama

My question is this one..., how can i stitch each panorama exposure so that they exactly match each other ?
I tried using the template thing, but each one has a different RMS and different control points...
What options do i have to enable / disable ? i already tried many but still doesn´t work :(

Thank you for the help!
Regards, Manuel Franquelo.

Hey Manuel!

I´ll try to understand that: You shoot bracktes series of 5 steps per position? You put them all into APG to stitch it bracketed? To get out a HDR panorama?
If you don´t NEED a HDR panorama: process your bracketed images FIRST in Photomatix and stitch the already processed images in APG.

Building a template for stitching would mean to have an absolutely (!!) precise reproducable setting of your camera/lens on the head.
Because working with a template in theis case means to not using CP-detection but definated positions given by the template.

I strongly suggest processing of bracketed images before stitching.

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
lumelix

Info

by lumelix » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:15 am

Hi Manuel
There is an option called "Use hard links" for a stack, in the "Detection - Link" settings when you are importing your images.
See: http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/view/Autopano_Giga_-_Preferences..._-_Detection
Have you just tried this option ?
Regards
Martin

no avatar
Ronald Tichelaar

Info

by Ronald Tichelaar » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:43 pm

There are two ways to get 5 identical pano files for the 5 sets of exposures.

1: create one pano per exposure, copy the folders per exposure.

Create 5 folders, each containing the files of a given exposure.
Rename all the files for each folder, start with 0001.tif and add 1 for each file. Like the example below:

Pano/
exposure1/
0001.tif
0002.tif
0003.tif
exposure2/
0001.tif
0002.tif
0003.tif
exposure3/
0001.tif
0002.tif
0003.tif

Now select the folder that contains the best exposure (the one with the most detail for APG to detect)
Make sure APG is set to relative file-paths.
Create a perfect pano for that exposure and save it in the same folder as the exposures.
Copy the .pano file to the other folders and open them.
Because we use relative file-paths and we have used identical filenames per exposure each pano will load the files for that exposure.
Now render all panos. Unfortunately the multiblend engine will sometimes make different blending decisions per exposure so the rendered file will not always be an exact copy.

2: create pano from best exposure-set and edit .pano file in text-editor

Drop all exposures in one folder.
Select all the files from the best exposure and add them to APG
Create perfect pano and save .pano file in folder with exposures.
Close APG and open .pano file in text-editor
Find filenames and replace them with corresponding names of a different exposure-set.
Repeat for all exposure-sets.
Now render all panos. Unfortunately the multiblend engine will sometimes make different blending decisions per exposure so the rendered file will not always be an exact copy.
Last edited by Ronald Tichelaar on Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ronald

Fujifilm S5 Pro, Nikon D300, NodalNinja 3mk2, Sigma 10mm f/2.8 fisheye HSM,
Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX HSM, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8 EX HSM, Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 EX HSM

no avatar
MFranquelo

Topic author
Info

by MFranquelo » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:31 am

Hey Manuel!

I´ll try to understand that: You shoot bracktes series of 5 steps per position? You put them all into APG to stitch it bracketed? To get out a HDR panorama?
If you don´t NEED a HDR panorama: process your bracketed images FIRST in Photomatix and stitch the already processed images in APG.

Building a template for stitching would mean to have an absolutely (!!) precise reproducable setting of your camera/lens on the head.
Because working with a template in theis case means to not using CP-detection but definated positions given by the template.

I strongly suggest processing of bracketed images before stitching.

Thank you all for the responses!

You almost got it klaus, sorry for my bad explanation, i want to have 5 different exposure panoramas so after i can merge all of them together in HDR efex pro (it gives me more artistic creativity options)
for that, i need the 5 panoramas to be identical.
Im using Panogear so thats no problem! i can do identical panoramas on Ptgui but i prefer autopano so i wanted to know how to do this on autopano ^^

I would process the bracketed images before stitching, but that would mean that i couldn´t process the panorama and tonemap it as a "whole" , this means that each image of the panorama
could not be able to be tonemaped as the way each individual image would ask for.

no avatar
MFranquelo

Topic author
Info

by MFranquelo » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:32 am

Lumelix : i think i´ve tried that, i´ll try it again tho!

no avatar
MFranquelo

Topic author
Info

by MFranquelo » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:35 am

Thank you Ronald, the first option worked :) you´re right about the blend thing tho
Maybe the best option would be merge each exposure into a 32 bit image, stitch the panorama using the 32 bit image
and then tonemap the whole panorama in any HDR processing software like HDR efex or HDR expose?