Nodal point (nodalNinja4) question & AutopanGiga (badlinks)  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:48 pm

vincen wrote:
klausesser wrote:That´s not an answer to my question, sorry :cool:

Well sorry it was a way to say that I never did it, but I'll think about it next time I need to find a NPP ;)

Vincèn

I just insisted because of your statement: "don't use liveview but shot a picture and check on computer, live view are often not 100% of the real shot and source of errors !"
as an answer to my suggestion to use the live-view for aligning the NPP.
People having few experiences believe in such statements and advise other people - without verifying the truth in what you stated. Like Destiny.

Suggesting to a beginner: "don't use liveview but shot a picture and check on computer" is somewhat ridiculous without telling him/her exactly how this must be done, sory for being so blunt.

I never would suggest that to a beginner - it´s VERY laborious and inconvenient.

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
Phil Howard

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by Phil Howard » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:17 am

I'm curious what happens if you just stitch a single row (the middle one). Are the misalignments in the same place? I see quite a number of misalignment points in various positions that it looks like they are not even at where the various shows span.

a a gruntpuddock

Info

by a a gruntpuddock » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:36 am

This is the way I prefer to do it -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEgLgReARxs
A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:15 pm

a a gruntpuddock wrote:This is the way I prefer to do it -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEgLgReARxs

Hi!

Yes - that´s the way to go. But also you can use the live-view´s zoom instead of shooting a photo each time. You just have to move the magnifier´s frame from left to right and vice versa to see
where the gap is. This way you can get very close to the optimal NPP very fast.

best, Klaus

a a gruntpuddock

Info

by a a gruntpuddock » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:05 pm

In the video he is not using the photographs, they are merely taken to show what he is seeing.
A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:26 pm

a a gruntpuddock wrote:In the video he is not using the photographs, they are merely taken to show what he is seeing.

Ah - i see!

best, Klaus

no avatar
verticalpoint360

Topic author
Info

by verticalpoint360 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:10 pm

Hey everyone, been shooting my usual pr/press stuff the past few days so i was geuinely taken back when i saw the responses!!

many thanks for all your advice on this topic, it seems i may need to be a little more precise when setting up. It's strange though, sometimes it fits perfectly and others it's out. I am farily new to it all though so I'll take all of your advice on as there seems to be a lot of experienced opinions out there.

NB - does anyone know why i cant see it on AutopanGiga, When it says i have bad links i click and switch to this screen (the one in original posted question) but i cant seem to bring up the images, I've clicked on everything to try and get them to appear? please see image below...??

Also does anyone know th esettings for a D100 with 24-24, the reason why i ask for a D100 is i have to take the D4 off the nodal to shoot directly up as the body is too big, does anyone else have this problem.

Dan
Last edited by verticalpoint360 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vincen
Kolor Certified Trainer

Liked in: 4 posts
Info

by vincen » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:03 am

verticalpoint360 wrote:Also does anyone know th esettings for a D100 with 24-24, the reason why i ask for a D100 is i have to take the D4 off the nodal to shoot directly up as the body is too big, does anyone else have this problem

You mean the Nikkor 14-24 ? for D4, on what nodal ninja head do you want to use it ? it should work fine on NN4/NN5 ;)

Vincèn
Blog: http://www.skivr.com
Nodal Ninja 4 R-D16 on Benro Tripod + Ultimate R1 on Nodal Ninja P2 + Nikon D800 + Nikkor 10.5 + Nikkor 14/24 f/2.8 +Pentax 645D

no avatar
verticalpoint360

Topic author
Info

by verticalpoint360 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:05 am

Sorry yes the 14-24. D3 on the NN4.

vincen
Kolor Certified Trainer

Liked in: 4 posts
Info

by vincen » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:06 am

D3 works fine on NN4 with 14-24, you should not get any problem !
Blog: http://www.skivr.com
Nodal Ninja 4 R-D16 on Benro Tripod + Ultimate R1 on Nodal Ninja P2 + Nikon D800 + Nikkor 10.5 + Nikkor 14/24 f/2.8 +Pentax 645D

Previous