vignetting? Vertical dark bands  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
mgg

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

vignetting? Vertical dark bands

by mgg » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:27 am

So, I've gotten my pano to stitch fairly well (using a single exposure so no stacks) - but there are faintly but clearly visible dark lines where pictures overlap. I"ve tried a number of settings but nothing seems to entilrely remove them. Is there a set of blending options that is best for this or could this be a vignetting problem? Does AGP do a vignetting adjustment?

tnx
mgg

asafmordechai

Info

by asafmordechai » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:25 am

did you use the lens hood ?
I had the same problem and removing the hood solved it.

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Liked in: 10 posts
Info

by AlexandreJ » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:37 am

For the moment, APP doesn't do vignetting correction, so, a pre processing is needed on image ( camera raw does that perfectly btw )

no avatar
mgg

Topic author
Info

by mgg » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:52 pm

I'd LOVE to use Camera Raw - but Adobe isn't up to speed on the Panasonic G3 yet. There is rumored to be a new update coming out real soon now so I hope it is soon. Meanwhile I'm stuck using RPP for conversion and it doesn't have vignetting.

btw, I exported my project file and loaded it into Hugin just for grins - the first image ended up with the wrong FOV, but once corrected Hugin handled the 230 images just fine right up to stitching, then GACKED with some weird file errors. I guess its too many flies for it.

Ok, Adobe - I'm ready.......where's that update?

tnx
mgg

no avatar
mgg

Topic author
Info

by mgg » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:41 am

I know, its bad form to reply to your own post, but hell I've been on the internet longer than most anybody.... 8^}......

I usually don't bother installing software that comes with cameras - because it is usually rather primitive. On a lark, I pulled out the disks that came with my camera and found Silkypix 3.1SE. It looks like a full but not latest version the only supports panasonic cameras.

After fiddling with it for some time I figured out how to get it to batch a raw conversion, in theory with lens corrections - its now working its way though several hundred raw pictures...... They do look better than the ones I got out of RPP - so hopefully, for this pano, it will work better in APG until Camera Raw is updated.

mgg