the end file low quality  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
asafmordechai

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

the end file low quality

by asafmordechai » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:00 am

taking the images with dr cluass.
in the preview of the dr program and autopano it looks good' but after render bad image.

image link:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3848750/23.8.0038Bl_0002.jpg

Last edited by asafmordechai on Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
HansKeesom

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by HansKeesom » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:38 am

Hi Asaf,

two question :
- while making the photos which programm was the camera on? M, A, S,TV, P or any other programma?
- for rendering, did you use antighost setting? Or did you use other setting? You might wanna try all three :simple, antighost and exposure fusion..

I suspect the camera was not on M, causing onequal exposure between photos. I hope antighost will be able to solve it, other wise maybe with exposure fusion.

Also, it looks like the camera is not positioned exactly where it should be on the Dr Claus head......
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

asafmordechai

Topic author
Info

by asafmordechai » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:07 am

antighost solve the problem :lol:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3848750/23.8.0043l_0001.jpg

can I make it better ?

no avatar
HansKeesom

Info

by HansKeesom » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:22 am

Biggest issue on this one is your position in the panorama. You problably are on a number of the photos. I could meanwhile write a book about about how to remove or correct things in panorama, so I will not try that here.

In general you want best out of the box quality from your camera. With that I mean that after running your Dr Claus device, you want autopano to run and have a perfect result immediately.
You have to make sure the photos are making it very easy for autopano to stitch everything. You are obviously having the right equipment.

As I still see some broken lines in the panorama, I think you should now concentrate on getting the settings on the Dr Claus better and better for every combination of camera and lens you use as for some reason it seems the camera it not rotating around the Nodal Point exactly and AGP is not able to correct it.
Get that right to the point that even when rendering with simple setting every line is perfect.
Last edited by HansKeesom on Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

asafmordechai

Topic author
Info

by asafmordechai » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:46 am

it is only my 2ed try with that head ...
i am still examine it.

no avatar
HansKeesom

Info

by HansKeesom » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:04 pm

In that case you are already doing very well!!!!.

May I suggest you make the follwoing steps.

1. Make sure the Dr Claus is really setup right for the camera and lens you use. Test it over and over again, certainly in situation with lot s of long lines. A tiled bathroom is ideal for this. Render in simple mode to see how close to perfect you are!
2. Investigate Exposure Bracketing to get higher dynamic range. No so much to produce HDR, but a bit in the direction.
3. Try situations with moving objects like people, cars and clouds
4. Try longer lenses for gigapixel projects. Will need a big computer, in another thread we presented a way to calculate the memory needed.
Regards, Hans Keesom

asafmordechai

Topic author
Info

by asafmordechai » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:14 pm

I am trying to do 360 speaher with 5d Mark 2 and 200 mm lens.
770-780 images at 5 MB each.
every time I am trying to export with the RODEON preview to autopan the PC freeze - its Q6600 with 4 ram.
I did with it beggar panorama stitch using gigapan head ...

any idea ?

no avatar
HansKeesom

Info

by HansKeesom » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:18 pm

Ok, we are talking serious big panorama now........

So the problem is while exporting from the Rodeon preview?
So autopano is not even involved yet, right?
Or is it while importang everything into autopano?
Regards, Hans Keesom

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:19 pm

asafmordechai wrote:its Q6600 with 4 ram.

Which operating system are you using?
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
HansKeesom

Info

by HansKeesom » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Regards, Hans Keesom

asafmordechai

Topic author
Info

by asafmordechai » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:45 pm

when I do test with 50mm 140 images I am importing to autopan with this :

Kolor autopano pro/giga - doesn't seem to do the work.

Kolor autopano pro/giga preview - allow to stitch the panorama see beginning of the thread.

the RODEON preview program that control the Head doesn't generate file that i can use with the plugin of autopan.

I am trying right now to take a new panorama I will post info later.

Last edited by asafmordechai on Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
HansKeesom

Info

by HansKeesom » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:59 pm

I can not test this but it seems to me that as autopano can import the Dr Claus project-file, there is not need to have the Dr Claus software generate a autopano project file......

Just have Dr Claus save the project in it s own format and import that with wizard of autopano!!
Regards, Hans Keesom

asafmordechai

Topic author
Info

by asafmordechai » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:12 pm

the RODEON preview program doesn't generate a file that is supported with autopano :(

no avatar
HansKeesom

Info

by HansKeesom » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:38 pm

As I said, I have no Dr Claus machine but I would think the file which is on your F-drive in the project directory together with all photos and their previews, should be readable for autopano. I refer to the big R I see at the right side of your screenshot.

As an alternative, try using the Claus stitching software to see how far you get.....
Last edited by HansKeesom on Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Hans Keesom

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:22 pm

asafmordechai wrote:the RODEON preview program doesn't generate a file that is supported with autopano :(

Time to contact Dr Clauss I think and ask where to find the script file that is required by the APG Import wizard:

http://www.dr-clauss.de/CLAUSS_Contact_EN.htm
Last edited by mediavets on Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
HansKeesom

Info

by HansKeesom » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:42 pm

Regards, Hans Keesom

asafmordechai

Topic author
Info

by asafmordechai » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:13 am

so I use the RODEON modular to take the images and create TXT file. (A) using the wizard (B)
I was able to upload to autopano - see file
But I get stack each time At - (C) ...
is my PC not strong to do that ...
I am uploading the project to dropbox and later on put a link to that ...
If you can check it and give me on answer does it stitch or not ...
the panorama is a test with MFocus and some not at all.

EDIT :

I was able to end a process with the sitting on the 2ed imagine - the end file is only 130 MB I suspect its too low.
how can I improve ?

Last edited by asafmordechai on Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

asafmordechai

Topic author
Info

by asafmordechai » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:34 am

2ed file

no avatar
HansKeesom

Info

by HansKeesom » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:22 am

Hi,

Good to hear you were able to read everything into autopano.
So you were able to finish rendering by reducing the resolution of the endresult. Yes sounds to me like having not enough memory. You can solve this by either adding memory or by adding a large ennough SSD. I will do the math later on how big it must be to see how big it has to be, Memory is always the faster option so please investigate how much RAM you can maximall add to you system and let us know.
Regards, Hans Keesom

asafmordechai

Topic author
Info

by asafmordechai » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:57 am

good morning.
Its was a long night.
i was able to stitch at 87% so the end file is 591MB 63000X29286

I will try now save big file, not JPG , any recommendation ?

I will post a link to dropbox of the test panorama, there are still some point with bad lines (if we can solve that it will be great)

no avatar
HansKeesom

Info

by HansKeesom » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:54 am

87% is rather well!!!!! a 63000x29286 pixel panorama should give you lot of quality.
How long did it take to render all this? How was harddisk doing, lot's of rattle and hum?

I promised you some calculation to see what you would need to perfectly run this kind of set s of photos into a panorama.
Before I do I have to admit I cant estimate how much RAM you would need to be able to stitch the 100% panorama. Likely you just need to add 4 GB to have a total of 8 GB. Then you have a system that problably gets a 100% panorama from this set. No telling however how long it will take

See http://www.kolor.com/forum/p87033-2011-08-11-11-53-58#p87033 and http://www.kolor.com/forum/p87301-2011-08-18-14-20-28#p87301

You are trying to process 780 images which are 6 megapixels each so you would need 37440 MB or 36,5 GB of RAM to get an ideal machine for these 780 photos. Of course if you use more or less 6 megapixel photos, things change.

Now I can imagine 36 GB might not be possible to install in your computer. If 16 GB is possible you will have a machine that is able to process your 780 very well but autopano will use it s temp-directory a lot. This temp-directory can be on a harddisk of course but likely it will be very noisy and relatively slow.

To keep the noise down and the speed up it will probably be wise to have an SSD installed with at least these 37 GB, but as they are not that expensive I would go for a bigger one. This also allows you to have any pagefile on the SSD, so that in case Windows wants to use the pagefile, it is faster then having the pagefile on a harddisk.
I would then use the SSD only for the tempfile of AGP and the pagefile of windows. I would not store data, photo's or programms on the SSD, certainly not for longterm.

So the steps you might wanna take.

-(Find out if you can) upgrade your computer to 16 GB RAM (or more) and whether you can afford it (having a Dr Claus I assume you do have some budget :-) )
-Test your upgraded system with the set you are using now.
-Decide whether or not you can and want to install a SSD for the purposes described above.

Good luck
Last edited by HansKeesom on Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Hans Keesom

asafmordechai

Topic author
Info

by asafmordechai » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:31 pm

I was mange to stitch 100% as psd with my PC it took 7hrs.
and the file is 18.5GB ... but my PC is not strong enough to open that :P

I am now testing a panorama of 813 images in day light to see the resolute.
link will be added later.

i must say that is very disappointing that the RODEON preview is not able to work with the autopano and all the info is small txt file...

Last edited by asafmordechai on Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

asafmordechai

Topic author
Info

by asafmordechai » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:55 am

I did the test again.
this time good results.
but why I get this message ?
it is not a big panorama only 741 images total wight 1.14GB

I will add memory stick to 6 ram.
but if you have idea ?

no avatar
HansKeesom

Info

by HansKeesom » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:08 am

Hi Asaf,

A memorystick is not RAM memory, as you can see in your screen you still run on 4 GB memory.

The error is not really giving us any indication I hope Alexander Jenny of Kolor.com can help you with this.

Maybe a restart of the computer will solve the problem....
Regards, Hans Keesom

asafmordechai

Topic author
Info

by asafmordechai » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:11 am

1st thanks for all the help.

2ed there is a link to the test panorama 189MB :

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3848750/c1/virtualtour.swf

link to the JPG 200MB.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3848750/c1.jpg

the test was taken whit Canon 5D and 70-200mm sigma lens at 200 mm.
and focus on AF in AI servo mode and WB set to auto.
Vertical 17 Horizontal 59 tiles 737 in total.

it took 36 min - a very good thing, 10% overlap from bottom up.
and i cant change that because the RODEON modular don't support that ... and the RODEON preview (the more pro program) that in that i can change the option get me CTD when try to import the project to autopan:(.
I now there is a lot of dust ( i will clean the gear :|) ...
the head does not support the 60D that I have.
so for the real job I will rent the 5D mark II (I am planning to get the mark III when she will be in out).

but i don't wont to waste time so i am leering the gear with the equipment i have right now.

help that I need :

the sky - I can see the tiles ... i guess change the WB to day light or set to custom K will solve it.
the stitch in the car - the area of the plate and the roof and open door - way this is bad stitch ?
the focus on the horizon the tree - sky line ... i guess using the 5D mark II that as more focus point then the 5D will fix that.

I was able to save the JPG at only 100MB and 29000X12388 so I can open that in photo-shop and work on the JPG before creating the tour, and still get good results in zooming in :D
in the next test i will add 1 raw to the vertical and 1 to the horizontal (and to change after info from my Question)
Last edited by asafmordechai on Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next