Rendering layers and viewing in cs5 problem  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
Tdub

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Rendering layers and viewing in cs5 problem

by Tdub » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:36 pm

APG: I rendered a couple of test photos, with output as layers, to view in CS5 to see if I need to adjust the lens position to get a better rotation on the entrance pupil. The APG output file is "[Group 1]-DSC00236_DSC00237-2 images". Opening the file in CS5 shows the same in the layers panel, but doesn't allow me to ungroup the layers so I can turn each on and off to see how the images line up. Anyone know how to do this?

Tdub

Topic author
Info

by Tdub » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:10 pm

Correction: it appears it did not render the 2 images as a (psb/psd) layered file. (The sources images are jpg.) In the Render panel of APG I select "psb/psd" Format, but it won't let me select "Layers" in the Exported Data section of the Render dialogue. What is required to select Layers?

Tdub

Topic author
Info

by Tdub » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:11 pm

Solution: you have to select "Layers" in the Group Settings dialogue, before Detection is done.

Tdub

Topic author
Info

by Tdub » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:15 pm

Actually, no solution: It appears the "Layers" option does not work, although you can set it in the main Edit/Preferences dialogue, therafter it is greyed out and you can't select it in the dialogues related to detecting and rending a pano from a set of images.

Lionel Laissus
Kolor Team

Info

by Lionel Laissus » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:12 pm

FYI about layer (Autopano) vs Layer (Photoshop)
http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/view/Autopano_Pro_-_Render#EXPORTED_DATA

I think what you need it's to export all images as Photoshop layers so click in the final render dialogbox EXPORTED DATA /Data/Pictures

Tdub

Topic author
Info

by Tdub » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:27 pm

Thank you. That does it.

One more question. When I initially do a Detect in APG of a couple of (test) source images, I get the desired pano layed out in the image window on the right. However, when I later do the detect over again from the same source images, instead of getting a pano layed out, I get the two source images placed directly over each other (see below). What causes this?

Lionel Laissus
Kolor Team

Info

by Lionel Laissus » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:35 pm

issue 806 opened

Could you tell me more information about " However, when I later do the detect over again from the same source images,"
Does it mean you click several times on detect ? Does it failed for good then ?
Are there any ctrl points/links created when it failed ? I saw 1 ctrl point it isn't much :-) !!!!

Tdub

Topic author
Info

by Tdub » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:42 pm

I created a test. 3 sets of images. 2 images each. Only about 10% overlap on the two images. When for the first time I bring them into APG, and do a Detect, it nicely finds around 35 control points in the overlap area, and lays out a nice pano on the image screen on the right. Next, I delete everything in APG, start fresh, and (for the second time) load the images into APG, this time it does as above screen shot, finding no control points.

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Liked in: 10 posts
Info

by AlexandreJ » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:10 pm

Can you share this test case ?
We have a ftp server just for that : http://www.kolor.com/forum/t766-ftp-server