Exposures blended in Photomatix pro, APP 2.5 doesn't see EXIF data.  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Mr Moose

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Exposures blended in Photomatix pro, APP 2.5 doesn't see EXIF data.

by Mr Moose » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:23 pm

I asked this question last week with out a reply. I will try to be more "Clear" this time.
For every image I take three exposures for HDR. I run the raw files though ACR and export Tif's with all settings set to zero. ACR isn't changing anything, its just converting the raw file to a Tif.
These are sent to Photomatix pro where they are blended using "Exposure Fusion"
I send the Tif's APP 2.5. Here APP tells me there is NO EXIF data. When I used APP v2.09 I didn't get this added info, so I didn't know it was missing.
I've read that APP needs EXIF info, but even though it says its missing, it still renders my pano.
So what's the deal, even though I've read that APP needs EXIF data, but it seems to work with out it.
One other question, if look at the Tif that was created in Photomatix with Opanda there is some very basic exif info still there, but most of it is gone, but APP doesn't see this, as it tells me "NO EXIF"
I've done a search on the forum about EXIF data, but no clear answer. Its almost as if there isn't a answer.
Can someone please clear this up for me, or point to the answer?

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:36 pm

Mr Moose wrote:I asked this question last week with out a reply. I will try to be more "Clear" this time.
For every image I take three exposures for HDR. I run the raw files though ACR and export Tif's with all settings set to zero. ACR isn't changing anything, its just converting the raw file to a Tif.
These are sent to Photomatix pro where they are blended using "Exposure Fusion"
I send the Tif's APP 2.5. Here APP tells me there is NO EXIF data. When I used APP v2.09 I didn't get this added info, so I didn't know it was missing.
I've read that APP needs EXIF info, but even though it says its missing, it still renders my pano.
So what's the deal, even though I've read that APP needs EXIF data, but it seems to work with out it.
One other question, if look at the Tif that was created in Photomatix with Opanda there is some very basic exif info still there, but most of it is gone, but APP doesn't see this, as it tells me "NO EXIF"
I've done a search on the forum about EXIF data, but no clear answer. Its almost as if there isn't a answer.
Can someone please clear this up for me, or point to the answer?

actually I cant help, because I do not have Photomatix, I dont know what ACR is and I dont know which EXIF data is absolutley needed by autopano, nore which exif fields are internally used by autopano.

Why your images work and no exif data is included can be argued because Autopano can handle such cases by setting edit->settings->images: EXIF here default values can be defined if images have no EXIF data.

I had in past one time images with contqaining partly EXIF. In my case opening the images with external exif data editor and deleting all exif and all other meta data and than setting the above EXIF data inside autopano did solve my problem, autopano could handle/stich these images.

having exif data containg aperture, focal data, lensused etc. does make the job absolute easier for autopano.
having no exif data in the sourceimages can be manioulated with external tools or inside autopanos group->imagesettings.

I also once succeded with following procedure using pre-stacked/tonemapped/pseudo-tonemapped image with lost EXIF data:
I exported the EXIF data from the middle exposued images (0EV)with an external EXIF tool (ExifToolGUI) and applied these exif data to the final tonemapped images...

on other side I reported once the case that my 120mm focal images with correct set EXIF finally was recognized as 120mm, 400mm and at same time on different places inside autopano as >800mm focal. Ireported this having in mind that this could be a bug. I got reply that this is ok, autopano is doing it this way interpreting the images and interpreting the images without being hardlinked to the containing EXIF data.

so... ;-))

Georg