APG 2.5, Order of Temporary Folders  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Pro / Giga problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
Castillonis

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

APG 2.5, Order of Temporary Folders

by Castillonis » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:01 am

Temporary Folders for APG 2.5
Currently the Edit->Settings General tab shows a list of Temporary Folders in alphabetical order. Does APG attempt to use the Temporary Folders in alphabetical order. My C drive ( OS drive ) has the least amount of space. I was hoping that I could make APG use my RAID 0 or SSD drive which has much more space first. I had a render end with an error because my C: drive did not have enough space. I am not able to remove the C: drive from my list of Temporary Folders.

Edit:
I looked at the english language version of the manual under general settings. The manual only mentions that I may add as many temporary folders as I want. The manual does not mention the order in which the temporary folders will be used or how I might delete one of the folders from the list. If APG 2.5 uses the temporary folders in alphabetical order it would be the opposite order which I desire for optimal performance.
Last edited by Castillonis on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Liked in: 10 posts
Info

by AlexandreJ » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:57 am

Hi Castillonis,
You can edit any of the temporary folder by using the "..." button, even the first one.
The order of use is top most first, to top down last used.
Beaware that you need to restart autopano to take into account such change.

Castillonis

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by Castillonis » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:08 am

Thank you Alexandre :)

I misunderstood the Temporary folders area of the Edit->Settings General tab. This list below the light grey fields with triple dot buttons are merely the possible drive locations and not the actual list of Temporary Folders. I had not set a Temporary folder so APG must have defaulted to some behavior such as using the first possible Temporary folder.

I now have set two Temporary folders using the faster drives that have more space.
Last edited by Castillonis on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.