Video stitch issue - Clips being stitched in wrong places  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Video!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Adamcooper

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Video stitch issue - Clips being stitched in wrong places

by Adamcooper » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:26 pm

Can someone please help?

I shot a video with 6 gopros on a gopro rig. 4 cameras shot directly on the horizon, 1 shot straight up at the ceiling, and 1 shot down at the floor.

I synched all the shots and brought them into Autopano Video to stitch, but when I do it creates a big nadir hole where the floor should be and puts that shot in the completely wrong place.

It seems like there should be a simple fix to this - some way to guide the program so that it recognizes the proper placement for that clip but nothing seems to be working. I don't know why this is happening. I've read that this can happen sometimes when what's in the frame is something blank like a blue sky. The floor is pretty empty, but still there are parts where the actors feet pass through it along the edges. His hands too etc. Shouldn't it be able to match that piece with the others?

Has anyone else had this problem? How can I fix this?

olivierbo
Kolor Team

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

Re: Video stitch issue - Clips being stitched in wrong place

by olivierbo » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:58 am

Hello,

This can be due to a lot of reasons: you shoot in 16:9 instead of 4:3, you do not have the same settings on each camera (resolution & framerate), homogenic surfaces like blue sky as you noticed and/or repetitive patterns where it is difficult to fnd control points, videos too dark, bad synchronization, etc.
Which RIG are you using exactly? You can display the position of the camera by clicking the icon "123" at the bottom of the preview window. You can also edit your reference panorama with Autopano Pro/Giga and use the Control points menu.

Best,
Olivier