Buttons not working in 2.0.7/8 and XP SP3  

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Pro / Giga bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
no avatar
AlVista

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Buttons not working in 2.0.7/8 and XP SP3

by AlVista » Fri May 28, 2010 3:43 pm

I am getting frustrated; the last two revisions have installed but when APP appears on the screen, the buttons and menu headers blink when the mouse pointer passes over them, but don't respond to clicks. Oddly, this happens on one of my machines but not the other, both running 32-bit XP! Anybody else have this?

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Fri May 28, 2010 3:52 pm

AlVista wrote:I am getting frustrated; the last two revisions have installed but when APP appears on the screen, the buttons and menu headers blink when the mouse pointer passes over them, but don't respond to clicks. Oddly, this happens on one of my machines but not the other, both running 32-bit XP! Anybody else have this?

No problem here with APG 2.0.7 and 2.0.8 on Windows XP 32-bit with SP3.
Last edited by mediavets on Fri May 28, 2010 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

[bo]

Info

by [bo] » Fri May 28, 2010 4:54 pm

Two PCs here - W7 x64 and XP x86 - both working spiffy!

Graphic drivers problems?
Some of my panoramas, posted in the Autopano Pro flickr group.

no avatar
AlVista

Topic author
Info

by AlVista » Fri May 28, 2010 11:13 pm

'[bo wrote:']Two PCs here - W7 x64 and XP x86 - both working spiffy!

Maybe? How would I know? No other program behaves like this, Photoshop CS3 runs fine, etc etc. This behaviour is unique to APP!

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Liked in: 10 posts
Info

by AlexandreJ » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:31 pm

We did intensive testing on XP and weren't able to reproduce this. It has been reported to us through the support too.

What is the detail of your computer ? ( OS / Language / RAM / graphic cars / drivers ? )

no avatar
AlVista

Topic author
Info

by AlVista » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:55 pm

Yes, the PC is running XP Pro SP3, 2Gb RAM, Pentium 4 3.2 GHz. Have a look at
http://www.autopano.net/forum/t8963-2.07-update-results-in-problems-had-to-go-way-back-to-2.04-again
because Bill Seifert has the same problem - in fact, just as he found I have also found, that if you shrink the window smaller the buttons will work. It's very strange, but now two of us have it!

no avatar
AlVista

Topic author
Info

by AlVista » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:35 pm

AlVista wrote:Yes, the PC is running XP Pro SP3, 2Gb RAM, Pentium 4 3.2 GHz. Have a look at
http://www.autopano.net/forum/t8963-2.07-update-results-in-problems-had-to-go-way-back-to-2.04-again
because Bill Seifert has the same problem - in fact, just as he found I have also found, that if you shrink the window smaller the buttons will work. It's very strange, but now two of us have it!

:( Updating this - I now have a nice new PC running 64-bit Windows 7, so today I downloaded the current 64-bit APP. Amazing! - still the same problem - with a small window the controls work, but as soon as I increase it to a "normal" size the buttons and menus cease responding. Note that this is a completely new machine, so it can't have mysterious old software installations messing things up.

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Info

by AlexandreJ » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:10 am

Do you have also this behavior with the 2.5 alpha version ?

no avatar
AlVista

Topic author
Info

by AlVista » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:54 am

AlexandreJ wrote:Do you have also this behavior with the 2.5 alpha version ?

I don't have 2.0.5, but I do have a copy of 2.0.6 32-bit, which I installed on the 64-bit W7 machine. I can report that 2.0.6 (32) does not show the problem, and 2.0.9 (64) does show the problem (I tried it again just to be sure).

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:00 pm

AlVista wrote:

I don't have 2.0.5, but I do have a copy of 2.0.6 32-bit, which I installed on the 64-bit W7 machine. I can report that 2.0.6 (32) does not show the problem, and 2.0.9 (64) does show the problem (I tried it again just to be sure).

Err.. Alexandre is referring to 2.5.0 Alpha 1 and not 2.0.5.

You can find 2.5.0 Alpha 1 here:
http://www.autopano.net/forum/p65358-2010-06-24-14-28-41#p65358
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
AlVista

Topic author
Info

by AlVista » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:21 pm

mediavets wrote:
AlVista wrote:

Err.. Alexandre is referring to 2.5.0 Alpha 1 and not 2.0.5.

You can find 2.5.0 Alpha 1 here:
http://www.autopano.net/forum/p65358-2010-06-24-14-28-41#p65358

Oops, thanks, I misunderstood! I have just tried 2.5 Alpha, (64) and it DOES have the same problem.

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Info

by AlexandreJ » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:29 pm

Issue opened : 82
We contacted Nokia for Qt support on this one.

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Info

by AlexandreJ » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:55 pm

AlVista, can you do one test for us ?

-----
WARNING : Do that on the win32 version of the software 2.5 alpha 1 only => not the 2.0.9 serie, nor the 64bits version of the alpha !

- Donwload Autopano Pro/Giga 2.5.0 alpha 1 in win32 version, install it.
- Download the following package http://ftp.autopano.net/tmp/QT463.zip ( it's the new Qt 4.6.3 compiled for autopano )
- Extract the DLL inside and replace the dll that are shipped with the software with DLLs in this package
( C:\Program Files (x86)\Kolor\Autopano Pro/Giga 2.5 -> there are 5 QT dll there, just overwrite them with the one in this package )
- Try the software again and feedback here.

no avatar
AlVista

Topic author
Info

by AlVista » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:40 pm

OK, trial carried out as requested. The problem is still there with the new DLLs. This time I tried it many more times, and find that the behaviour is not entirely consistent. The window initially opens at medium size - buttons fail; reduce in several steps - buttons fail each time until window very small, and then the buttons and menus work. Increase the size in steps and the buttons go on working, even when the window is larger than it started. Maximise to full screen - buttons fail. reduce size again - buttons fail until window is very small. There is a lot of hysteresis!

no avatar
digitalpan

Info

by digitalpan » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:15 pm

Hi, I also suddenly have this problem. v2.0.7 was previously working, now the buttons are stuck. Like others, making the window very small releases the buttons, enlarging it freezes the buttons. It's unusable! I upgraded to v2.0.9, same result. Went back to v2.0.4 ok. Trial v2.5 is no good. It must be something I have loaded recently that has affected things as it definitely was working.

Dell Latitude D620 laptop Core 2 Duo T5600, Win XP SP3, 4GB RAM, Intel 945GM graphics

no avatar
Tourbillon_cris

Info

by Tourbillon_cris » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:10 am

Hi,

I'm very new to Autopano; I've not even bought it, just downloaded the trial version. But my beginnings with the program weren't convincing at all, because I got that very bug of the buttons not working.

I'm running a Sonny Desktop with a dual chore 3.2 Mhz and have 4meg of ram. The OS is window XP SP3 (the last updates have all been achieved).

First I begun to download the new Alpha version. When I run into the problem of the not working buttons I thought it was a bug due to the alpha version. I uninstalled it and then installed the standard actual trial version, but I encountered the same behavior and got very very frustrated. At first I thought that my computer may not have sufficient performances to run Autopano, I resized my pictures to 1/4th of their size, without success, encountering the same behaviour again and again.

So I checked the performances of my computer and noticed that a lot of memory was left and the processor wasn't working at all. After a while it was clear that the problem was not with the performances of my computer, but with the buttons : the pointing device was able to highlight them, but not to activate them. This problem is made worse by the fact that many actions aren't available through the menu.

Frankly, such a huge bug would prevent anyone from buying this software. I still thought that perhaps something may be weird with my computer, but came here and saw that many other users had the same issue. I have exactly the same problem described concerning the pointing device : it can move around normally, highlight the buttons, but it cannot activate any operation, which is an extremely frustrating experience. The remark that diminishing the size of the window can allow the button activation helped a little (thanks to the person who posted it).

I'm writing this despite my very little experience with Autopano because I have found the cause of my problems : some months ago, I had switched to the use of a Wacom tablet. The tablet which is connected through the USB port, can support both a pen and a mouse. I use it since several months now and didn't encounter any problem with any other program, be it Photoshop CS2, C1 of Phase One, my cataloguing software, Open Office or the usual Window programs . However using a mouse on a tablet is kind of a special environment, so just to see, I switched back to the usual ps mouse and wow.. now the buttons works and I do really appreciate Autopano. I will continue to work with the trial version and will probably get the new 2.5 version when it comes out.

So for those other persons having problems with the buttons, it may be interesting to know what kind of pointing devices they are using ? through which ports ?

And for the developpers they should check the interface of Autopano with the Wacom tablet, whether it is used with the usual pen or the mouse coming along with some models. If that serves, I can look for the model of tablet I was using and may be that an update of the driver will do it (I have not yet looked for any new updates, there is probably one).
Last edited by Tourbillon_cris on Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Tourbillon_cris

Info

by Tourbillon_cris » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:34 am

'[bo wrote:']Two PCs here - W7 x64 and XP x86 - both working spiffy!

Read my last message, in my case it was the pointing device, when I switched back from the Wacom tablet to the usual PS mouse the problem was solved.

no avatar
GURL

Info

by GURL » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:10 am

As a Google search for QT and Wacom shows, this is a well-known issue (QT is the piece of software Autopano uses to follow mouse or tablet actions.)
Georges

no avatar
AlVista

Topic author
Info

by AlVista » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:28 am

Yes! Works for me too - I normally use the Wacom mouse, but when I plugged in a normal USB mouse, the menus etc. immediately worked at all sizes. Sounds as if we have the answer. I don't know anything about QT - is it used by other software? - I've never had this problem with my Wacom mouse on any other software, and I've been using it for years. I glanced at the Google output mentioned by GURL - I'm not a programmer, so I could be misreading, but it sounds as if this is a known bug which is in the process of being fixed, and there may already be updated "drivers". Let's hope that the APP developers are keeping in touch with this!

no avatar
Tourbillon_cris

Info

by Tourbillon_cris » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:15 pm

What !! ? people knew where the problem came from and the way to workaround it but they let this thread unanswered :(
Last edited by Tourbillon_cris on Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Info

by AlexandreJ » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:03 pm

We discovered ourselve the Wacom issue only some days ago. I confirm that it's an issue with Wacom drivers. We didn't reproduced the bug on Vista.

We are going to try on XP ...

Lionel Laissus
Kolor Team

Info

by Lionel Laissus » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:53 pm

I found something weird about the Wacom tablet and APP

Everything works fine on Vista when I use the stylus "as a pen" but when I used the stylus "as a mouse" (clicked on the tablet ) I got a really weird behavior ...... (The mouse is on a menu but nothing happen when I click on it ....) FYI: I don't have a Wacom mouse to really test :-(

So I'm guessing on XP it's the same thing ......

I'm going to report to QT .....

Stay tuned

no avatar
AlVista

Topic author
Info

by AlVista » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:08 pm

Yes, this is the same behaviour I get in W7; Wacom stylus OK, normal mouse OK, Wacom mouse not-OK (using an actual Wacom mouse)