problem with shop  

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Pro / Giga bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
no avatar
nothing

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

problem with shop

by nothing » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:40 pm

Hi, I can't manage to purchase anything from Kolor Shop. I've tried all possible browsers (IE 8, 32 & 64 bit, Opera 10.x, Firefox 3.5, Chrome, etc).

Few issues:

1. Can't add anything directly to the shopping cart: if I press "Add to Cart" it throws me back to the front page. The only way to add anyting to shopping cart is via Wishlist (add to wish list first, then add to shopping cart from wish list)

2. Can't finsh checkout process: a. I click on "Checkout" button, b. select my billing address and click 'Continue', c. shop throws 'Shopping Cart is Empty' page

Please help!!!

P.S. I've tried the same from different computers with different browsers and OSes at home - it doesn't work (the same errors), but I managed to get to the payment page from office (don't want to disclose CC info, hence haven't moved further). So I guess there is a problem with cookies/page processing as my home network is behind home NAT and transaparent proxy on ISP side and office is using standard proxy setup with direct link to internet.

Rami
Kolor Team

Info

by Rami » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:21 am

Hello,
This may be due to your firewall. Can you configure it to accept connections from our webshop?
Regards
Rami

no avatar
nothing

Topic author
Info

by nothing » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:18 pm

Hi Rami,

Just curious, why would shop make a connection back to it's client? To me it sounds very dodgy. Anyway, let me know what should be enabled on my firewall (port, protocol, IP address, network, etc). Please note that I can't change anything about transparent proxy on my ISP site and I'm definitely not considering ISP change.

Also, it seems that my Opera allows me to go further on item 2. Now, I can select method of payment and even chose Visa, but "Continue" button throws me back to the Method of Payment selection.

Cheers,
Max

P.S. I haven't seen this kind of behavior on any other web site/application all my Amazon, BHPhotoVideo, ReallyRightStuff, iBanking (with various banks), etc are working without any problem and certainly does not require any change in my firewall. If current shop version of shop does not support clients like myself, I'd suggest to consider other selling channels (Amazon, perhaps).

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Liked in: 10 posts
Info

by AlexandreJ » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:23 am

The only connection that we demand is the fact that a cookie from our site is authorized to be set in your browser.
Nevertheless, some firewall are just allowing big known website to do that ( amazon, I'm sure has a dedicated rule setup in every firewall already ). We are not as well known as Amazon :) That may be the reason. Nevetheless, such case only happen when setting really panoranoiac rules in firewall because a cookie is really something harmless.

no avatar
nothing

Topic author
Info

by nothing » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:01 pm

Thank for your explanation. However, neither me, not my ISP is altering any content (including cookies) at any point, yet, can't get further payment method selection (only in Opera, IE and Firefox does not let me pass Billing Address selection). I'm just curious if you use any kind of ip address verification or requester/browser? If yes, then, I guess, I'm out of luck as requester IP will be different from my browser IP due to 1. transparent HTTP proxy of my ISP and 2. NAT for my home network.

Anyway, is there any alternative way to pay for my Giga Pano 2 license key? Please let me know.

DrSlony

Info

by DrSlony » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:14 pm

Maxim have you tried downloading a live cd (e.g. knoppix), booting off of it and trying out the web shop from it? That way you eliminate your browsers and OS as possible sources of your problems.

no avatar
nothing

Topic author
Info

by nothing » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:19 am

DrSlony, good idea, but I won't put too much hope as I tried shop access from:

Computer 1: Win 7, Win XP, browsers: IE 8, Opera 10.x, Firefox 3.5
Computer 2: Win XP, IE 8

It simply doesn't work.

Any alternative way to pay for license key???????????

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:05 am

nothing wrote:DrSlony, good idea, but I won't put too much hope as I tried shop access from:

Computer 1: Win 7, Win XP, browsers: IE 8, Opera 10.x, Firefox 3.5

It simply doesn't work.

Any alternative way to pay for license key???????????

http://www.360tacticalvr.com/software/autopano.html
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
nothing

Topic author
Info

by nothing » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:52 pm

mediavets, thank you for the link.
It seems that they use very similar framework for eShop, at least "Shopping Basket is empty" pages look very similar, anyway, can't get further pressing "Checkout" button as they empty my shopping basket and throw me back to the front page.

I'm very confused about this whole thing, if no one can't help me with simple purchase for five+ days of that license what support can one expect in future :( :( :(

no avatar
vklaffehn

Info

by vklaffehn » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:22 pm

Hi, I ordered a KRPano license a few days ago and everything worked fine for me. Have you tried to clear your browser cache? I used Win7 and IE8 without a problem.
Mfg
V.Klaffehn

no avatar
nothing

Topic author
Info

by nothing » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:17 am

vklaffehn, yes, I've tried that for both files and cookies.
Last edited by nothing on Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Gordon

Info

by Gordon » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:31 pm

Hmm have you recently completed a virus/trojan scan?

Best
Gordon
2000th Member :D

GigaPixel Experimenter
Gigapan Beta Unit, Canon Powershot S5IS, Canon 350D, Nikon D40, Manfrotto Tripod, BT-Serial + Papywizard on Nokia 770, Fully-Operational Merlin the Wizard Unit!!!

no avatar
nothing

Topic author
Info

by nothing » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:37 pm

Gordon, thank you for advice, but it does not help.

no avatar
nothing

Topic author
Info

by nothing » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:21 pm

Here is the latest update:

Computer 1: Win 7, Win XP, browsers: IE 8, Opera 10.x, Firefox 3.5, Safari 4.x, Chrome 3.x
Computer 1.1: Virtual Win XP under Win7: IE 7

IPhone: Safari (the latest update) - does not allow to go anywhere from the first eShop page.

Shop does not allow me to checkout in either of the configuration/browser from above.

Interesting fact, only Opera 10.x allows me to see Payment Method selection screen, all other browsers are showing "Shopping Cart is empty" page upon "Checkout" or "Continue" (address selection) button.
Last edited by nothing on Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
nothing

Topic author
Info

by nothing » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:53 pm

seems no one can/want help me here ... pity ...
Last edited by nothing on Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
vklaffehn

Info

by vklaffehn » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:18 pm

Just another idea: Are your computers behind a firewall/proxy? Do both connect to the internet the same way? Maybe it's a provider problem?

...further thinking about the problem.....

no avatar
GURL

Info

by GURL » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:41 pm

nothing wrote:seems no one can/want help me here ... pity ...

Does this work: http://www.kolor.com/buy/contacts/ ?
Georges

no avatar
nothing

Topic author
Info

by nothing » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:48 pm

vklaffehn, yes, could be because of my provider. In witch case, half of Singapore (one of the major ISP here) should not be able to purchase anything from this shop. Again, there is no problem with other shops such as Amazon, ReallyRightStuff, KirkPhoto, LensWork, etc.

GURL, yes, that URL is working fine.

no avatar
Gordon

Info

by Gordon » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:42 pm

Hi nothing, What is the name of your ISP? also are you a home or business user?

The only thing I can think is it maybe down to encryption, If your browser is not supporting the shop SSL type it may cause problems, but I believe that those browsers are OK!!!

I've asked a friend in Singapore to also have a go they have no problems. .sg does not filter much!!! Said he'll investigate more when he has the above details from you...

Best
Gordon
Last edited by Gordon on Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2000th Member :D

GigaPixel Experimenter
Gigapan Beta Unit, Canon Powershot S5IS, Canon 350D, Nikon D40, Manfrotto Tripod, BT-Serial + Papywizard on Nokia 770, Fully-Operational Merlin the Wizard Unit!!!

no avatar
nothing

Topic author
Info

by nothing » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:00 pm

Hi Gordon, I'm with StarHub. Home user.

Encryption is working fine for other sites/applications. Not only HTTPS, but also SSH and VPN. I don't believe that problem is with local filtering. However, as I mentioned above, I believe is that root cause is that shop application can't handle in my specific setup - Transparent proxy on ISP site (my proxy settings are blank, however all requests are redirected to ISP proxy server) + NAT firewall for my home network.

no avatar
nothing

Topic author
Info

by nothing » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:07 pm

All,

I finally "fixed" problem with public proxy server!!! Not very happy, as I had to change all my passwords for AutoPano shop and forum (just in case), but ....

Cheers,
Max

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Liked in: 10 posts
Info

by AlexandreJ » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:30 am

waouh. How strange is that. Could you disclose the ISP name your were using ? I want to keep trace of that in the case another Singapore customer has the same trouble.
( you can write it privately through the contact form here : http://www.autopano.net/en/contact-kolor/write-to-us.html )

no avatar
nothing

Topic author
Info

by nothing » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:40 pm

Dear Alexandre, it's not a big secret, my ISP is StarHub (http://www.starhub.com/). I used free proxy with SSL support to connect to your shop and finish my purhcase.

To get free proxy address and port search for "Anonymous proxy" in google and you'll find an answer on the first page.

Please note, that proxy server should not use standard HTTP (port 80) or HTTPS (port 443) ports. Ports like 3128 or 8080 seems to be ok.