autopano gig 203 crashes upon adding images to edit window  

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Pro / Giga bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
no avatar
neweramike

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

autopano gig 203 crashes upon adding images to edit window

by neweramike » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:35 am

previously had autopano giga and giga 203. some crashes upon adding images in to existing edits. Could not find uninstall for autopano gig (1.0?) so I removed everything autopano from regedit, reinstalled 203.
same problem.

Changed temp drive to another drive, no help.

Win xp 32, SP3 Phenom quad 9550, 3.25 gigs.

Initial images I load on ok. I am doing linear panoramas so I set the 24mm images to 800mm.
I also have crashes if I leave the original 24mm identification.
just made a test of above and crashed with report.
Error report just submitted. 8:33 pm Sept 1.

I think I have an installation issue. is there a complete uninstall procedure I can follow.?

Mike greenberg.

marco-pano

Info

by marco-pano » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:09 am

Hi Mike,
I don't think you have installation issue, otherwise I have too (Win XP SP3).
In a pano from 48 jpegs, I tried to add one jpeg from the layer edit menu then APP crashed as soon I selected the file without any error message.
Marco, Paris ;)
Canon EOS 40D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105 LIS, EF 70-200 LIS - Canon G9 (wide-converter)
DxO v7.5, Autopano Pro 2.6, PS CS5 and time

no avatar
neweramike

Topic author
Info

by neweramike » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:02 pm

It appears that the crashes are when the GPU is enabled.. I am able to work and add images in the layers window of the editor with the GPU off. Only occasional crashes with GPU off.

My video card is only and Geforce 8500TGT with 512 mb. Perhaps the apparent bug is more affected by lower end video cards like mine.?

Is anyone able to use the GPU on and add images to existing autopano scenes?

Mike.

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Liked in: 10 posts
Info

by AlexandreJ » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:13 pm

This is a confirmed bug with GPU and ( add / delete ) image in editon. We are working on it.

[bo]

Info

by [bo] » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:54 am

Yeah, I'm doing that all the time, Mike! 9800GT GPU here, Vista x64, APP 2.03. Usually I work on very small projects - 10 images tops, but I hand pick them and frequently add or remove an image where a person moved or some other feature changed. No such crash experienced.

As a side note, I manage to crash APP very rarely and quite frankly I'm stunned by the amount of "crash" topics lately...
Some of my panoramas, posted in the Autopano Pro flickr group.

no avatar
neweramike

Topic author
Info

by neweramike » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:43 am

Well Bo, as usual your replies make one feel like we are the problem. Different operating systems, different memory limitations. I am in XP pro 32 with a 3.5 (4 gig) machine. Maybe my memory is not working too well.. or maybe there is actually a memory leak which appears more on machines with less sophisticated memory allocations.. like win 32 xp pro.

Bo, I will guess you are shooting on a nodal point like almost all autopano users. I am not shooting on a nodal point. My scenes are very large and start with 8 or 12 bit Canon 5D images. scenes with 18 or 36 images.. some of my scenes have 40 or 60 images.. all linear panoramas close (2 meters) with massive parallax errors. Not simple stuff for auto pano to handle.. rather the extreme difficult end of possibilities.. yet auto pano can do most of it!

Perhaps it might be directory problem. I used different HDs to store the images. I disk checked all volumes all this before I wrote the list.

The crashes are rare when I have the GPU assist OFF.

marco-pano

Info

by marco-pano » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:10 am

'[bo wrote:']... I'm stunned by the amount of "crash" topics lately...

I think half of late crashs occur on Win XP 32b that you aren't running. I hope the dev's team will support APP on this 32b system as we can't expect everybody to change computer ASAP. For me, it'means new complete computer with high capabilities, plus new A3+ printer (mine is no more supported in win x64).
Hello Santa Klaus, do you hear me ? :)
Marco, Paris ;)
Canon EOS 40D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105 LIS, EF 70-200 LIS - Canon G9 (wide-converter)
DxO v7.5, Autopano Pro 2.6, PS CS5 and time

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Liked in: 10 posts
Info

by AlexandreJ » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:02 pm

Santa's gone ... :)
We are aware of the issue of 32bits version which are all due to memory. With the GPU and new multithreading, the v2 uses more memory and it doesn't fit always in the 2Giga you can address of the 32bits. We are working on that topic, but it will take time to address that specific issue.