APG2-WinVista64-Quad core-8Gbytes RAM - Move Images Mode bug(s)?  

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Pro / Giga bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
no avatar
Apapane

APG2-WinVista64-Quad core-8Gbytes RAM - Move Images Mode bug(s)?

by Apapane » Wed May 06, 2009 7:37 am

I'm using APG2 to stitch gigapans I took of a recent exhibit of some of my etchings. All 4 panos crash the GigaPan stitcher, even though I used a GigaPan beta with Canon S5IS to take the images.

Very strange occurrences when trying to use the Move Images Mode (when necessary).
This is after a succussful gigapan import and detection, working from the preview image.
1) I must switch windows and return to the preview before the image IDs appear after clicking on the Move Images icon and the Picture icon.
2) I can move images by drag and drop, but not by changing the values in the Yaw, Pitch, Roll, and FOV fields.
The top three images illustrate this. First shows the Roll value before adjusting, second shows the Roll value after changing, but before making the change, i.e, before pressing Enter. The third image shows the Roll value AFTER changing and hitting Enter. It returns to the original value. The same thing occurrs with the other values (Y,P, & FOV).

3) When changing magnification, I get two resolutions of the image, one of which becomes the background. see the 4th screen shot.

The full image is screen shot #5

Anyone else having this difficulty?

BTW, the other three walls worked just fine. One can be seen at: http://share.gigapan.org/viewGigapan.php?id=22506

Suggestions/solutions are most welcome.:)

Mahalo,
Richard

Last edited by Apapane on Wed May 06, 2009 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

by AlexandreJ » Wed May 13, 2009 10:28 am

Confirmed. Editing the value doesn't work.
BTW: you can select an image ( with the numbered circle ) and then use arrow to slighty move the picture up/down/left/right. This works.

no avatar
Apapane

by Apapane » Thu May 14, 2009 6:26 am

AlexandreJ wrote:Confirmed. Editing the value doesn't work.
BTW: you can select an image ( with the numbered circle ) and then use arrow to slighty move the picture up/down/left/right. This works.

Alexandre,
Mahalo for the confirmation about editing the values in the "Move Images Mode". I HAVE been able to adjust Yaw and Pitch using the arrow keys or by click and drag, but still can't adjust Roll and FOV. I look forward to a simple fix. :)

Richard

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Thu May 14, 2009 7:46 am

Apapane wrote:
AlexandreJ wrote:Confirmed. Editing the value doesn't work.

Alexandre,
Mahalo for the confirmation about editing the values in the "Move Images Mode". I HAVE been able to adjust Yaw and Pitch using the arrow keys or by click and drag, but still can't adjust Roll and FOV. I look forward to a simple fix. :)

Richard

Although editing the numeric values does not work, I can adjust Yaw and Pitch and Roll (left/right arrows) and FOV (up/down arrows) using the arrow keys or click and drag with a six FE image set with APG V2 on a WinXP32 with GPU system - but click and drag to change FOV is sluggish and seems limited in range.

Could functionality or lack of it have something to do with how many images there are in the image set?
Last edited by mediavets on Thu May 14, 2009 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

by AlexandreJ » Thu May 14, 2009 8:25 am

BTW : We corrected this value editing issue too.

Return to Autopano bug & discussion