Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:27 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:37 am 

I'm using APG2 to stitch gigapans I took of a recent exhibit of some of my etchings. All 4 panos crash the GigaPan stitcher, even though I used a GigaPan beta with Canon S5IS to take the images.

Very strange occurrences when trying to use the Move Images Mode (when necessary).
This is after a succussful gigapan import and detection, working from the preview image.
1) I must switch windows and return to the preview before the image IDs appear after clicking on the Move Images icon and the Picture icon.
2) I can move images by drag and drop, but not by changing the values in the Yaw, Pitch, Roll, and FOV fields.
The top three images illustrate this. First shows the Roll value before adjusting, second shows the Roll value after changing, but before making the change, i.e, before pressing Enter. The third image shows the Roll value AFTER changing and hitting Enter. It returns to the original value. The same thing occurrs with the other values (Y,P, & FOV).

3) When changing magnification, I get two resolutions of the image, one of which becomes the background. see the 4th screen shot.

The full image is screen shot #5

Anyone else having this difficulty?

BTW, the other three walls worked just fine. One can be seen at: http://share.gigapan.org/viewGigapan.php?id=22506

Suggestions/solutions are most welcome.:)

Mahalo,
Richard

Last edited by Apapane on Wed May 06, 2009 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:28 am 
Administrator

Confirmed. Editing the value doesn't work.
BTW: you can select an image ( with the numbered circle ) and then use arrow to slighty move the picture up/down/left/right. This works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:26 am 

AlexandreJ wrote:
BTW: you can select an image ( with the numbered circle ) and then use arrow to slighty move the picture up/down/left/right. This works.

Alexandre,
Mahalo for the confirmation about editing the values in the "Move Images Mode". I HAVE been able to adjust Yaw and Pitch using the arrow keys or by click and drag, but still can't adjust Roll and FOV. I look forward to a simple fix. :)

Richard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:46 am 

Apapane wrote:
AlexandreJ wrote:

Alexandre,
Mahalo for the confirmation about editing the values in the "Move Images Mode". I HAVE been able to adjust Yaw and Pitch using the arrow keys or by click and drag, but still can't adjust Roll and FOV. I look forward to a simple fix. :)

Richard

Although editing the numeric values does not work, I can adjust Yaw and Pitch and Roll (left/right arrows) and FOV (up/down arrows) using the arrow keys or click and drag with a six FE image set with APG V2 on a WinXP32 with GPU system - but click and drag to change FOV is sluggish and seems limited in range.

Could functionality or lack of it have something to do with how many images there are in the image set?

Merlin/Orion robotic pano head + Papywizard on Nokia 770/N800/N810 and Windows 8/XP/2K.

Last edited by mediavets on Thu May 14, 2009 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:25 am 
Administrator

BTW : We corrected this value editing issue too.