Using older version of APG  

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Pro / Giga bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
no avatar
JX

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

Using older version of APG

by JX » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:54 am

Hello

I just upgraded from APP 3.7 to APG 4.4 but I found APG is crashing a lot, even when it’s only opening a newly detected pano for the first time with relatively few images (9).

APP 3.7 on the other hand seems more robust and so does APG 3.7

Unfortunately the license key I have for APG 4.4 won’t be accepted in APG 3.7.

Is it possible for Kolor to do something?

Clément_S

Liked in: 6 posts
Info

Re: Using older version of APG

by Clément_S » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:13 am

Hi JX,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with APG 4.4. Can you give me more info about your computer configuration (Brand, OS, CPU, GPU etc.)?
Can you also make sure that you're not running other resource-demanding software while you use APG?

If you want to downgrade to APP 3.7, your license should still be available in your customer account: http://store.kolor.com/customer/account/login/

You can download previous Autopano versions from this page: http://www.kolor.com/download-previous-versions/

I hope that helps.

Best,

Clément - Kolor team

no avatar
JX

Topic author
Info

by JX » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:28 am

It’s a PC running Windows 7 64 bits, 3rd generation i7, no dedicated video card, 12 GB of RAM.

APP 3.7 actually runs and so does APG 3.7 (for which I have no key). The trouble is that I have a license key for APP 3.7 and APG 4.4 but not APG 3.7, so I cannot use features like multiple points of view.

Clément_S

Liked in: 6 posts
Info

by Clément_S » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:52 am

Sorry I misread your first post. Please send me a PM with your order number or email address associated with your customer account and I'll generate an APG 3.7 license key for you.

Our Autopano expert is currently out of the office, but he'll get back to you when he's back to help with the problems you're having with APG 4.

Best,

Clément - Kolor team

JX likes this post.

no avatar
JX

Topic author
Info

by JX » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:58 am

Thanks.

no avatar
JX

Topic author
Info

by JX » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:57 pm

I think the problem came from the lack of a proper GPU on my PC (ca 2012). I invested in a relatively cheap GeForce 1030 card with 2GB, and APG now works. I had to reflash the BIOS though to get the new board accepted.

I realize there are some options in APG to use or not the GPU; Maybe they would have done the trick.
There were also some cryptic options in my BIOS to allocate more memory for the onboard Intel graphic thingy. It said 64 MB, I could have made it more (stealing from the main RAM?).

Actually, like for many users, it makes me nervous to have to tweak BIOS settings or make experiences with hardware. E. g. I was wishing I were not born when the PC refused to boot after inserting the new board.

So if possible, if APG made some kind of auto-tuning when it is launched so as to not use unavailable capabilities, it would be great.

But thanks for the support you’ve offered. It's nice to have such a dedicated technical team.

olivierbo
Kolor Team

Liked in: 132 posts
Info

by olivierbo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:35 pm

Hello,

Autopano assign a percentage of available memory, so we recommend you launch the app before any other (open Preferences, General tab, Memory used section).
GPU is mainly used to open your panorama as fast as possible and display corrections made in real time.
You can refer to our documentation to get more details: http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... management
Also, be sure your NVIDIA card is the default one used by Autopano (NVIDIA Settings).

Let me know if you have any question.

Kind regards,
Olivier