Facebook Upload of 360  

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Pro / Giga bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
no avatar
ERR

Topic author
Liked in: 23 posts
Info

Facebook Upload of 360

by ERR » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:42 pm

Anybody have any helpful hints on how to post APG files to facebook? I've not successfully been able to do so as of yet. :/

Thanks
The sun will come out, tomorrow... Well if not tomorrow then at least in 4 years and if not 4 years then most definitely 8 years max. But hopefully in 1 year or less.

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

Re: Facebook Upload of 360

by Annis » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:09 pm

Do you edit your image after rendering from APG?

no avatar
ERR

Topic author
Info

by ERR » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:30 pm

As a matter of fact I created the pano in APG but tried the new Adobe PS 2018 spherical editing tool to patch the nadir and add some text (it's awesome btw) . Hmmm, I guess that stripped out the info(didn't think about that)? Is there a way to get that exif back into the image in PS or can I import that file back into APG?

It's probably easy but I'm a bit swamped with work and am looking for a quick fix.

(Off topic) I Enjoyed your livestream. :)

Thanks
The sun will come out, tomorrow... Well if not tomorrow then at least in 4 years and if not 4 years then most definitely 8 years max. But hopefully in 1 year or less.

Annis likes this post.

no avatar
ERR

Topic author
Info

by ERR » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:34 pm

Yup, the actual AGP export works just fine with facebook but when altered in Photoshop's spherical editor it strips the data on export. Now I just have to find the setting to retain the data...

I guess this answer is solved regarding AGP.

Thanks!

no avatar
ERR

Topic author
Info

by ERR » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:38 pm

I just did a little research (because it was frustrating the heck outa me and I couldn't get any work done) and found these PS templates from FB's official page. All you have to do is past your pano and "save as" (not export or save for web). It works perfect. You can change the file info to reflect your © as well.

Here's the facebook page with the link to the templates below it:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/eric-che ... 564975277/
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/70mwlh8k0y4r ... MhCba?dl=0

Annis likes this post.