Weird duplicate partial image problem  

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Pro / Giga bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
no avatar
sunnysidevr

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Weird duplicate partial image problem

by sunnysidevr » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:26 pm

I am not even sure exactly how to describe this so I took some screenshots. I've never had this problem before but part of the image for all cameras except cameras 1 and 4 is showing up in the panorama twice (and once in completely the wrong spot and reverse of what it should be). With the blending, this creates a ghosting in a few spots. But when I try to mask out the duplicate with the Autopano Giga masking tool, it just masks the actual image (literally the red dot will not show up where I click on the duplicate part, it will show up on the corresponding part of the image that is in the correct location) and not the duplicate and the duplicate is still there. Hopefully the screenshots will help explain.

Any advice on how to fix this would be appreciated. Thanks!
Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 10.46.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 10.44.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 10.44.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 10.44.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 10.44.17 AM.png

olivierbo
Kolor Team

Liked in: 106 posts
Info

Re: Weird duplicate partial image problem

by olivierbo » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:58 pm

Hello,

Do you shoot always the same way and with the same camera/lens couple? Did you check the image properties? Also, have you tried to select "Single row or column" in the detection tab?
That kind of issue can be due to a lot of repetitive patterns without enough details to stitch the pictures properly.

Let me know.

Kind regards,
Olivier

no avatar
sunnysidevr

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by sunnysidevr » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:37 pm

Sorry for some reason I only just saw this response. Yes, I always shoot with the same camera/lens couple and this is the only time this issue has come up. I see nothing in the image properties that should alert me as to why this is this way.

Where exactly can I find the detection tab though? I didn't see the word "detection" anywhere in AVP Pro or Giga, nor did I see options for "single row or column" but I might have missed it somehow.

olivierbo
Kolor Team

Liked in: 106 posts
Info

by olivierbo » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:11 pm

Hello,

Image properties will let you check if the EXIF data are present or not and then, correctly recognized by Autopano.
The Detection menu is only present in Autopano Pro/Giga: http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... p_Settings

Best,
Olivier