AVP/APG UI and usability gripes & bugs  

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Pro / Giga bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
Amidee

Topic author
Liked in: 30 posts
Info

AVP/APG UI and usability gripes & bugs

by Amidee » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:05 pm

Hello,
it's time for me to list a lot of major UI problems in AVP and APG.
Please understand that I’ve been working every day 6+ hours on your software for the past year and a half (OSX) so even a tiny little problem can become a ridiculous pain in the a​ss because of the sheer amount of times I will encounter it.
Addressing even one of them could save me tons of time (:

Most of my gripes come from the fact that I use AVP/APG for a whole lot of bifocal stitching with custom lenses, which has an almost nonexistent workflow and lots of manual editing, which of course is not the way you are supposed to use the software normally.
The software for normal, plain 360 video and panoramas is (mostly) solid, but there are some major kinks I can't really understand how come they haven't been ironed out to this day - you probably were busy implementing important stuff (like Cineform, that was a really good one).

Here we go:
    • APG: do the devs have a particular passion for clicking the sh​i​t around the interface, or do they simply not use the software with manual controls enough to realize how tedious it is to drag around images when you have to make manual alignments? (: AFAIK, the only viable workflow for stereo stitching is first you make one eye and then you manually align the second set of images one by one over the first ones. Doing this is a constant exercise of patience due to the UI requiring me to make THREE clicks just to GET to use the move image tool, then you have to constantly go back to the move "toolbar" if you want to rotate an image or move the panorama. This is beyond insane, has been noted on the forums three million times and yet we still have no proper hotkeys for basic tools. FIX THIS NOW if I have to click again one single time to rotate anything I'll just flip the hell out and kill somebody. Pray for my colleagues. I spend more time clicking around than doing ANYTHING ELSE on your software.

• APG: A serious problem with actual on the field bifocal footage is that aligning stuff manually when you have the sky in the field of view is borderline impossible because APG uses overlay blending (or is it burn? hard light? whatever that is) when you drag around an image. This way the sky is ridiculously bright and aligning the horizon is simply not feasible, as the details are immersed in a sea of white pixels. This requires some clever thinking on your side because I have no idea what other options do you have here.

• APG/AVP: what is the matter with you, commas and periods? Converting commas to periods or vice versa is a one liner. Fix this, everytime I forget that in the Layers field you want periods, in the transform pane you want commas or whatever to mark decimals and the software ignores “invalid” values or doesn’t let you type you make Knuth cry.

• APG: You put a lot of masking points. A bajillion, all around your panorama. Then you make one damn mistake: hit cmd z. Poof, EVERYTHING is gone. You want them back? Fuc​k you! They’re on their own separate timeline of the universe, so redos don’t apply to them, only to every other action. Definitely not acceptable. And that “history” tab? How does that even work? The more I watch it, the less sense it makes, it’s like an Escher painting.

• APG: Again, clicking. The mask tool. It’s like you really forgot keyboards exist. You want to remove more than one, but not every one of them? Right click each one of the fu​ckers. Oh come on. Why can’t I select masking points with a tool and delete them with a single keystroke? Or at the very least can we have a modifier key to delete.

• APG, AVP: Scrollbars, and general use of screen estate. AVP, “In” button on one side of the timeline, “out” button on the other side (at least we have hotkeys for these two buttons). Why? Why is every panel in APG so bloated, it’s like you took extra care in making everything take 2x the space it actually needs. I could shave a ridiculous number of pixels out of most panels with just basic UI tweaks. The Move panel always has a scrollbar on my damned 5K screen and this is ridiculous. APG has by default two windows, what the hell is this, come on. You dare open the CP editor and boom, it’s three. It’s a mess, seriously, I know it requires a rewrite that is way bigger than you can afford, but please tell me you have a plan to put this under control. It’s a trainwreck.

• APG: is the “rotate pano” tool even usable? I seriously doubt anybody could get ANYTHING out of that tool. It just doesn’t work in any way a human thinks, and I always use the move pano tool to rotate it.

• APG: The transform pane in the Move tab applies the transformations on an image but relatively to… the center of the panorama? Who thinks like that? Is this supposed to be the correct tool behavior? Like I have a camera with 3.2 roll and I apply a -3.2 roll and it won’t zero because it’s not at the center of the panorama? What use is this for?

• APG: Why would you hide the interface that shows from which image the pano is getting the data from (the one with the actual lines) behind the quick preview button in mask mode? I seriously don’t get it, it’s one of the most important things you want to see and most people don’t even know it’s there. I forget about it and it’s my actual day job using this software.

• APG: the whole concept of menu items being switches of a single panel is ridiculuous. I constantly find myself clicking on the move menu button only to get to the completely useless “general info” tab because the move tab was already active and didn’t realize it because it was half hidden because of fuc​king scrollbars.

• AVP/APG: FULLSCREEN, may I be damned, it’s been there since like Lion, get your cr​ap together, implement it right. It’s an ungodly mess, I constantly have black windows making random spaces around, constantly have to trash preferences because APG breaks and doesn’t allow you to exit fullscreen mode. No support for standard fullscreen hotkeys. How come you don’t come around these problems? This is where I wonder how on Earth me and the devs get to use the software so differently we don’t get the same basic issues. This is also a FIX THIS NOW kind of bug report. Like, get working on it yesterday.

• AVP: props for making the batch renderer… but to what use? The functionality is so basic it makes me giggle. I get it, you’re a small team. But that feature is so still ridiculously underperforming. No reordering, no option editing (this is insane!!), no removing (seriously?). We asked for it for like one year and when it comes it’s… this? I’ll gladly pay for more major releases if that means actual UI and usability improvements.

• AVP/APG: The whole 360 video production experience feels like an afterthought after another. You can just *see* that all of this is not a proper software made and thought from beginning to end for its job. It’s a software that sits on top of another and these two pieces of software communicate between each other by opaque means. On an average use you have more windows fumbling around than you wish you had, keeping up with everything is really difficult. Explaining the workflow to a newbie is full of “eh, you have to get around this problem here, understand that AVP doesn’t like this, yeah if you do that it won’t work…” and stuff you generally you wouldn’t like being told about your software. I train people, and people don’t like using your software. I’m sorry. I know that this vastly derives from our *extremely* peculiar setups that f​uck up every automatism that your software excels at (I have really no problems on the average plain 360 production, just saying). But the main core of the problem stays there, I wish you could rewrite everything from scratch and rethink every single element.

• AVP/APG: Worst of everything is when you have to work with bifocal content, why on Earth did I suggest my production company to get into bifocal. I regret everything, because using your software for bifocal content is a total pain. I would say it’s barely supported at all. I know it’s really few people out there that shoot bifocal but it’s one of the most lacking features in your software. APG totally has no clue about what it takes to make two 360 aligned spheres, has no idea of what to do with *two* panoramas that NEED to have parallax differences between them. No optimizations can work, no automation, no help from the software. It’s just like having to use an extremely limited version of Photoshop layers, with no idea on how the blend will actually take place. APG should be really smart in getting the same details cut the same way for both eyes so not to produce eye strain for the viewer, but we’re so far from such a feature that it makes me weep inside. If anybody can help me in managing the stereo workflow I’ll make him/her a statue. But you, Kolor, really need to think something about this.

• APG: I really think there should be a "lock" button to lock images in place. It's kinda necessary for stereo.

• APG: CP editor: the rectangular mask for adding CPs is not the right tool for the job an awful amount of times. Cameras are at angles, content is at angles, a lasso tool would be better. On a standard 6 gopro rig it’s a total pain to use.

• AVP: this is a seriously minor one: who drew the hand for the stabilize button? Sorry to be harsh, but it has to be one of the fugliest icons I’ve ever seen… q:

The 2.3 update was mostly good on the features side and bugfixing, but I really really hope you have a 3.0 with a major UI overhaul and better workflow tools in the works.

Keep up the good work tho!

M
Last edited by Amidee on Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

3 people like this post.

martin.arnoux
Kolor Team

Liked in: 27 posts
Info

Re: AVP/APG UI and usability gripes

by martin.arnoux » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:53 pm

Thank you for your detailed report. We will see what are the priorities on this.

Cheers,

Martin

Amidee

Topic author
Info

by Amidee » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:50 am

Thanks mate, and pass on some love to all the devs! I know that pleasing everybody in software development is an impossible mission ( :

no avatar
damonbiv

Liked in: 1 post
Info

by damonbiv » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:22 am

I feel you man.

Amidee

Topic author
Info

by Amidee » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:03 pm

Hello
Time for round 2, everything that I didn’t remember on the first run ( :

• • AVP, Again on batch: not being able to select multiple files when choosing what to add to the queue kinda defeats the whole batch concept, since I have to manually open maybe 40 files per shooting session. Drag and drop would be extremely appreciated, but allowing multiple selection in the window would be fine too, probably.
  • • APG: when I go into fusion or blend "mode" (i.e. I click the menu button), sometimes if an image was highlighted in the move section it will stay "stuck" into being highlighted and APG will make a render preview with the image still highlighted and is kinda useless. This happens A LOT.
  • • AVP: the realtime preview will often get stuck to the previous opened project and you have to resize it to make it refresh. This also happens when using a template panorama, sometimes it will load the previous panorama and show it without refreshing.
  • • AVP: The timeline still gets stuck when one changes application. It's being more consistent in its behavior, in that ⌘+tab and back will fix it, but you still have to fix this.
  • • AVP: Using templates is far from being an optimal experience. When everything goes right, the experience will still be hit or miss, I've experienced a lot of times having the panorama not being in the same position as the one I've fed as a template, which simply blows my mind (this means multiple takes of the same thing not being perfectly aligned and I don't know why can this happen). But then again, the whole concept of the template working only if everything is *perfectly the same* is not how things work in real life. Sometimes cameras don't fire properly, sometimes a camera dies, sometimes you need flexibility. You should be able to tell AVP to ignore a missing camera in the template; you should be able to use a template as long as the cameras have the same aspect ratio (as opposed as images with different pixel count getting rejected). When a template has a Patch layer, it should be recognized as such and accepted as a valid layer if the patch is in the same folder.
  • • APG: Optimization advanced options changes are lost all the time: you change them and then save? Changes reverted. You change them, optimize and then ⌘ z? Changes reverted. Fix this.
  • • AVP: There should definitely be a warning when synch is at 0ms/0frames, either always in the interface or only in the render pane. It happens a lot that one forgets to synch when feeding 40 takes of the same scene and there is no warning at all.
  • • AVP: after all the scrollbar madness one sees in AVP/APG, in AVP there is no vertical scrollbar for the timelines. wtf?
  • • AVP: handles for timeline transitions have a horrible UI. When you make the cut, the two handles are always at 0px distance, who designs stuff like this? When you then drag one, you always drag the one on the bottom, or at least it seems like this? The whole experience feels way off, seriously. There is no way to easily be sure the transition is centered on a certain frame if not going on a ridiculous zoom level
  • • AVP: Speaking of which, the zoom interface should be a bit refined: there should be a zoom interface that zooms on the current point in the timeline.
  • • AVP: And to wrap on the timeline, the bars are not precise. The blue and red bars do not begin and end on the right pixels marked on the timeline and the handles are part of the bars and this is really, really fucking confusing. The times are marked... ON THE RIGHT of the markers? Have you ever actually used any NLE in your whole life? Not one of them would ever make this decision, every one of them has times ON TOP of the time markers. This is extremely confusing and you'd better redesign this!
  • • AVP: Timecode has ONE standard: hh:mm:ss:ff . Nobody uses milliseconds. Use the industry standard, ffs.
  • • APG: If you have to put or move masking points on the edge of an image, you better start praying. Masking points that go out of the image (!?!?!) all the time or worse, you end up putting them on the wrong image. Cringeworthy.
  • • AVP: It's not exactly clear how and why presets have given maximum resolutions. When you go into the preset editor they are all at 0 pixels... |:
  • • AVP: no undo? Is it 2016?
  • • AVP/APG: Sometimes, both programs will make my dock and my toolbar disappear, as if they were a fullscreen application.
  • • AVP to APG: when you press edit on AVP, it won't automatically change to the new project if another project is already opened in APG. This is where the whole dance of death between two applications becomes fatal: if I'm editing between takes of the same shot, it can become extremely difficult to catch the fact that I haven't changed project, so I make changes to the wrong project! This is insane!!
  • • APG: It would be great to have a tool that moves around the images by means of the offset and not by means of pitch/yaw. Like, an "axial" move.
  • • APG: you sure you can't improve your optimization algorithms for >180° FOV lenses? it certainly feels like it doesn't work that great.
  • • APG: Can we have an option to make it so that optimizing a panorama can't produce holes in the panorama? A panorama with a hole in it is completely useless to me.
  • • APG: When I delete all the control points between two images the link will disappear in the CP editor list; when I make the new control points, the link will reappear but it won't be selected so if I cycle between links, it will start from the first one in the list. This. Is. So. Frustrating. It makes the whole process of fixing CP's in a moving shot need 2x the time it should need.
  • • AVP: what is the sense of making a "transition" between masks if the "transition" is actually a change between two frames? Or am I using it wrong?
  • • AVP: if I remove a transition in the timeline, how do I know which one of the two states will be maintained? How is this a proper interface?
  • • APG: Sometimes if you change FOV, or distortion values for an image, the whole panorama view will shift around for no reason.
  • • APG: Images that are not active and not in the current optimization group will be target of geometric analysis. This is rather annoying; the whole concept of optimizing should get a bit of a rework because it's a bit... dense to understand ( :
  • • AVP: where the hell is the remaining render time? Do I have to make a subtraction to understand how long it will take for the render to finish? How is this sane for anybody?
  • • APG: can we have numeric transform for the panorama the way we have it for the single images? it's a bit frustrating not being able to tilt a precise amount of degrees the panorama back and forward so to keep the viewpoints the same between shots
  • • AVP: menus are a bit weird and I keep selecting the wrong things, like in stereo options I always end up selecting the wrong channel because... I don't know, the menus are iffy
  • • Your forum keeps logging me out. Fix the hell out of this, it's annoying as fu​ck.

KevinGulling likes this post.

Amidee

Topic author
Info

by Amidee » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:39 pm

I now understand what is that makes the menus not reliable: menus have an animation (some frames of blinking) where mouse movements are still registered. So the problem is that if I move the mouse after clicking (which is often the case when I have to assign cameras to stereo channels - also, this should definitely be saved in the .pano file so that I don't have to reassign cameras for all the takes in the same project) it will register another option as the selected one.
This is not how menus work! ( :
Did you guys read the last post?

Amidee

Topic author
Info

by Amidee » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:16 pm

• APV → APG: there's this problem with generating the panorama name automatically without any other option: if you are not naming cameras with a numeral (i.e. "back" and "forward" instead of cam1, cam2...) you risk ending up with a panorama without a name.
• AVP: I always name my cameras cam1,cam2 etc... and the generated panorama is always cam0.pano. Why you chose to do so instead of using, you know, the project name when available, that really beats me. But worst part is that the default output name for me is cam0.kava.mp4, like, who the hell names files this way. First, it's not the project name. Second, it's not even a camera number. Third, nobody in his/her right mind puts dots in the middle of a file name.
This is insane: use the ACTUAL project name when present, WITHOUT EXTENSION. I don't know if compulsory saving is a sane idea or if it would piss people off, but I can imagine using the folder name as a fallback in case if you don't want to implement that.

Are you guys still reading this thread? ( :

KevinGulling likes this post.

Amidee

Topic author
Info

by Amidee » Tue May 10, 2016 4:48 pm

A couple more bugs or UI problems:

• AVP: Using tab when manually inputing values for synchronization is a hit or miss experience. Can't exactly tell how it breaks, but it will often jump to the first item when pressing tab or it won't change input field at all. And also, using tab won't make the scrollbar follow down the list. Third, the synchro tab has a lot of unnecessary grey around it.
• AVP: The whole synchronization "nearest frame" is a bit the opposite of how I usually think: the first camera is timecode 00:00:00:00 and then the "nearest frame" means the delay in frames the other cameras have compared to the first started; otherwise we're basically dealing with negative timecodes. Iffy. I have to train people on this and it takes a lot to make them understand this, because they all, invariably, think the opposite of what you implemented.
• AVP: I saw that you are proud of your audio synchronization; it's actually quite worse compared to FCPX. It also lacks a way to manually adjust with waveforms or whatever. I think you could do a better job, especially when dealing with windy/noisy environments, FCPX outperforms your algorithm nearly always.
• AVP: There is no way to make the output render longer than the shortest clip. Sometimes a camera fails but you're on a tripod and you could very well cheat having a "hole" in the end by using a mask and reusing another moment of the clip, but exporting the longest clip possible is really a pain as of now. Come on, these are very very low hanging fruits ( :
• APG: Error in the Italian localization: "nesuno" in the CP editor when a camera has no link should spell "nessuno"
• APG: Sometimes, especially when dealing with tight (meaning not that much of an overlap) stitches, circular crop will be overridden and we end up with ugly black borders. This should never happen, pixels outside the circular crop should always, invariably, I mean ALWAYS ignored. It's a bloody mess.
• APG: If you disable some cameras in the normal view and then go into the CP editor and the cameras were the last you were seeing, they'll still be there. It's confusing.
• AVP/APG: This is like, programming 101.
Correct order: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11.
Wrong order: 1,10,11,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.
Fix this up, it fu​cks up everything as you end up with wrong camera numbers (1: cam1 2:cam10 3:cam11 4:cam2 ...).
Seriously. It's everywhere.

• AVP/APG: It may sound weird, but I've come across a single request more than anything else: we should be able to duplicate an image in APG so you can use a video feed twice in the same panorama. It would help a lot when dealing with various weird situation (e.g. two poles near the viewpoint ending on the opposite sides of the top facing camera against a blue background; you'd like to duplicate the camera so that both ends can be aligned). Dealing with this by copying and pasting another copy of a multi gigabyte file is a kludge to me, btw q:

Amidee

Topic author
Info

by Amidee » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:39 pm

Quickie:

• APG: Sometimes a hole appears in our panoramas in a bright sky or something like that, and it's impossible to tell there is one until we're back in AVP or even worse it slips through and we see it in our final render. That's because the background color is always the light grey and white checkerboard. Holes are a pain in the *** and they should be treated as such. So, you should find a better way to tell the user there's a hole.

Amidee

Topic author
Info

by Amidee » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:45 pm

• APG: in move image mode, current image is the normal one while the others are opaque; when in cut preview mode (I don't know how it's called, the Q button in the bottom left corner of the panorama), the opposite is true. Confusing!

LoicB
Kolor Team

Liked in: 8 posts
Info

by LoicB » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:22 am

Thank you for all this feedback, it's being passed on to the dev team.

Amidee likes this post.

Amidee

Topic author
Info

by Amidee » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:04 pm

Very good to know!
• AVP: Italian translation, the "don't save" button when there is a pending queue when loading has a label that is too long ("Non salvare"), see attached image
• AVP: The pending queue dialog seems to be broken, as not always when I press "don't save" it won't pester me again on the next load about the pending queue - I'll try to pinpoint this issue better, as it's not reproducible reliably as of now, but maybe give this a look, it most definitely seems like something's broken here.
Attachments
Schermata 2016-07-11 alle 17.57.10.png

Amidee

Topic author
Info

by Amidee » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:31 pm

• APG: this has been asked over and over around the forums, please don't ignore this anymore - let us have real masks, with lassoing, bezier, feather, keyframes. This is should totally be priority n.1 on masks, because the current system, no matter how hard you try to make us believe otherwise, DOES. NOT. WORK. You put these markers, the shape of the cut changes unpredictably. Sometimes markers are ignored and we don't know why. I can't seriously tell you how frustrating it is to work with masks as they are right now, nobody on our team has actually found a reliable way to make them work properly on our use cases, and they are totally worthless for stereo stitching, masks made with APG in stereo will *always* create retinal rivalry.
I'm resorting to making different versions of the same panorama and masking in my NLE right now, can you imagine how damn hard and long it can get?
Please, please please fix this I don't want to see those red and green markers anymore.

• APG: How about making color correction a tool for... actual color correction? Like, white balance, three way controls, actual values for unvignetting? That would be actually useful and not only a button for "hey, would you like APG to actually make some better blending for colors, too?" which is basically what it does right now, except for gamma/exposition where there is a slider with some... bars on it? and red brackets? What are those? What do they mean?

• APG: While we're at it, what do the bars over the scaling slider in the render pane actually mean? You know I've been seeing them for months now, and have no clue what they represent. Make them actually useful, name them, or whatever. They seem like a glitch in the UI (a colleague of mine was actually convinced that they were glitches).

• APG: Give us max-min values in optimization. I *know* that my lenses do not have 300° FOV, I *know* they do not have 0.9 K1, I *know* they have not 1000 offset. Yet these values constantly pop up when optimizing difficult stitches with custom fisheye lenses. This makes the optimize button a dice roll every time. Don't make us just use "keep current value", because that's not how it works, give us full optimization on a range of values. Seriously, as of now the optimizer can spit out completely messed up panoramas because of the dullness of the algorithm. When it works properly, it makes everything go smooth & perfect and does a job no human could do by hand, yet when it doesn't, it just makes complete nonsense.
Last edited by Amidee on Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amidee

Topic author
Info

by Amidee » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:42 pm

• AVP: if patches or whatever graphics are added to the pano in APG, it should be reflected in the stereo options in AVP. At the moment, images will just be blended into both eyes, with sh​itty results. Sometimes we cheat a 360 by taking pictures of parts of the environment, it's easy to blend it in APG and not to rely on masks done afterwards, but having proper support for stereo patches and added images is kinda needed.

Amidee

Topic author
Info

Re: AVP/APG UI and usability gripes & bugs

by Amidee » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:49 pm

• APG: attached gif, you can see that sometimes all control points are green, then you add some and it will change to actual colors (red). Reproducing this is a bit hard.
Attachments
Punti Controllo.gif
Punti Controllo.gif (1.6 MiB) Viewed 8034 times

Amidee

Topic author
Info

Re: AVP/APG UI and usability gripes & bugs

by Amidee » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:42 pm

So, one year after my last bug submission here and with a nagging sensation that my feedback was just tossed into a bug tracker with the lowest priority possible, if at all, let's review this whole list and see what's left and what's has been fixed.
I made sure to review all bugs, so please read this.

• APG: almost no hotkey support. GUI forces users to click tons of times to get anywhere. Not fixed, not by a long, long long shot.
• APG: dragging around images with overlapping bright parts flushes out details in those bright parts. Needs a better opacity curve for highlight parts. Not fixed.
• APG/AVP: commas and periods cannot be used interchangeably in the interface, and using one in place for the other reverts values to 0. Annoying as hell. Not fixed.
• APG: cmd z reverts all masking points placed, not only the last one. Not fixed.
• APG: history tab is totally unusable, I don't think anyone uses that tab. If you make changes to the mask points while in it, it doesn't immediately itemize the changes. Not fixed.
• APG: masking tool is unbearably clunky. Masking is unreliable and removing masking points requires right clicking each one of them. Not fixed.
• APG, AVP: the GUI could be shrunk down by a factor of two if you only had somebody hired to design your interface. Scrollbars eveywhere. Horrible icons. Not fixed.
• APG: It's a window-fest. Two windows minimum, three if you open the CP editor. Combined with the extra large GUI, screen estate is very poorly used. Not fixed.
• APG: rotate pano rotates around the clicking point. It's unusable and very coarse. Not fixed.
• APG: The transform pane in the Move tab applies the transformations on an image but relatively to the center of the panorama. A camera with 3.2 roll gets applied a -3.2 roll won’t zero if it's not in the dead center. Either make another rotate transform option or change this. Not fixed.
• APG: Button for showing stitch lines is the single smallest item in your GUI and is placed in a super inconvenient place. Should be very prominent. Also, all GUI items should be that size, more or less. Not fixed.
• APG: Clicking twice on a menu icon will revert you to the "general info" tab that is completely worthless during actual work. Not fixed.
• AVP/APG: fullscreen is mostly broken. Seems to be fixed. I don't use it that much because I'm too scared after giving you more chances than you deserved.
• AVP: batch renderer doesn't let you redorder quete, delete or modify settings. fixed.
• AVP/APG: The whole AVP to APG back and forth is a completely broken experience, you get four, five, six windows open at a time and continuously get lost. AVP should be a complete program and not rely on this two programs to do the work of one thing. You'll never fix this, but it's still a shitty experience.
• AVP/APG: Stereo content is not enough well supported. No L/R separate output, no GUI support in APG, no actual workflow in the documentation. You really have to take this more seriously. DWarp not available for stereo. Why? So that to use it we have to do workarounds that you didn't want to code? Not fixed.
• APG: There should be a way to lock images in place and prevent changes. It's kinda necessary for stereo. Not fixed.
• APG: CP editor: the rectangular mask for adding CPs is not the right tool for the job. A lasso tool is needed. Not fixed.
• AVP: version 3 and you're still keeping those fugly icons. Hire a designer and buy some icons. Not fixed.
• AVP: Can't select multiple items on batch open prompt. Fixed
• APG: Images remain stuck being highlighted when you go into blend preview seems to be fixed.
• AVP: the realtime preview will often gets stuck to previous panorama. Can't reproduce right now, assuming fixed.
• AVP: The timeline still gets stuck when one changes application, gets unstuck with cmd tab. <- I've been told this still happens in V3. Seriously? Not yet seen myself, tho. Partially fixed?
• AVP: Template system is incomplete: no way to transfer stereo information from one project to another. Pano overall position is not always correctly restored, somehow. Pixel count is actually used to tell if images are compatible (and not image ratio). Still can't use panos with patches as templates. Still can't ignore missing videos. Still problems if the .jpg is missing, like, wtf. Fun fact: I know there's exactly zero problems in fixing all of the aforementioned things because I've had to manually edit .pano files in order to make AVP behave and I managed to do everything so... Why aren't you fixing these things? Not fixed, and, seriously, a heartfelt "**** you". Sorry, but I have to say it. There's no respect whatsoever in releasing a V3 that doesn't address this point. It's a total shame and a spit in the face to your users.
• APG: Optimization advanced options changes are lost with ⌘ z. Not fixed. Also, a big shame.
• AVP: There should definitely be a warning when synch is at 0ms/0frames, either always in the interface or only in the render pane. Not fixed.
• AVP: Scrollbars everywhere, except for the timeline, the only sensible place. V3, not fixed. WHY.
• AVP: handles for timeline transitions have a horrible UI. When you make the cut, the two handles are always at 0px distance. When you then drag one, you always drag the one on the bottom, or at least it seems like this. The whole experience feels way off, seriously. There is no way to easily be sure the transition is centered on a certain frame if not going on a ridiculous zoom level. Not fixed.
• AVP: There should be a zoom tool that zooms on the current point in the timeline or where you click. How is the current zoom interface a good interface? It's not. Not fixed.
• AVP: Put it short, you should copy any NLE interface and it would be better. Everything is fugly and taxes 3x the space needed Not fixed.
• AVP: Timecode has ONE standard: hh:mm:ss:ff . Nobody uses milliseconds. Use the industry standard. Unprofessional. Not fixed.
• APG: Putting or moving masking points on the edge of an image sucks. They go out of the image bounds or you end up putting them on the wrong image. Not fixed.
• AVP: It's not exactly clear how and why presets have given maximum resolutions. When you go into the preset editor they are all at 0 pixels. Needs better GUI and documentation explanation. Not fixed.
• AVP: no undo? Is it 2016? Well I'll be damned, you actually fixed this.
• AVP/APG: Sometimes, both programs will make my dock and my toolbar disappear, as if they were a fullscreen application. Fixed?
• AVP to APG: when you press edit on AVP, it won't automatically change to the new project if another project is already opened in APG. It makes editing between takes of the same shot super difficult. Not fixed. Super shitty.
• APG: It would be great to have a tool that moves around the images by means of the offset and not by means of pitch/yaw. Like, an "axial" move. It would be great to make subtle "dolly shots", like MantraVR. Who am I kidding? Not done, and given the things in this list you didn't fix, it's actually ok.
• APG: Optimization algorithm for >190° fisheye lenses goes bananas each and every time if there's even a hint of parallax. It's a test of patience to use APG with fisheye rigs. Not fixed.
• APG: There should totally be an option for not allowing holes in the panorama. Not fixed.
• APG: When deleting all the control points between two images, the link will disappear in the CP editor list; when then made new control points, the link will reappear but it won't be selected so if you cycle between links, it will start from the first one in the list. Not fixed.
• AVP: There's "transition" between mask status in the timeline but the transition does not exist. GUI tells a thing, result is another. Not. Fucking. Fixed.
• AVP: Removing a transition, you don't know which of the two states will be kept. GUI should tell something about it. Not. Fixed.
• APG: Sometimes if you change FOV, or distortion values for an image, the whole panorama view will shift around for no reason. Not fixed.
• APG: Images that are not active will still be considered to be optimized by the optimization algorithm. You know how long this took to understand? Fix. This. NOT FIXED.
• AVP: where the hell is the remaining render time? Do I have to make a subtraction to understand how long it will take for the render to finish? How is this sane for anybody? Fixed!
• APG: There's no numeric transform tool for the whole panorama. Not fixed.
• AVP: Menu animation (blinking) is too long and in fast click situation (i.e. selecting stereo assignment) it will last enough that mouse movement will actually move the selected option after the click. NOT FUCKING FIXED FIX THIS DAMN IT.
• Your forum keeps logging me out. Not fixed. (I even risked losing this post, thankfully I know better and copy before hitting submit)
• APV → APG: Pano name is generated automatically using the latest number as a reference. It makes a mess and creates a lot of same name .pano, which is not good for search. Should be using project name. Also if your cameras don't have numerals, you have panos without a name. Partially fixed.
• AVP: Default output name is [cameraname]0.kava.mp4. It's not the project name. Second, it's not a camera number. Third, dots in the middle of a file name. Not fixed.
• AVP: When something is selected in synchronization tab, tab to change field breaks. Also, using tab won't make the scrollbar follow down the list. Third, the synchro tab has a lot of unnecessary grey around it. Not fixed.
• AVP: Synchronization "nearest frame" is the opposite of people usually think, which is: the first camera to start is timecode 00:00:00:00 and then the "nearest frame" means the delay in frames the other cameras have compared to the first started. The way you do, it's negative timecodes. No person trained on this gets it on the first try. Not fixed.
• AVP: Audio synchronization is way worse compared to FCPX. No way to manually adjust with waveforms. Not fixed.

• AVP: There is no way to make the output render longer than the shortest clip for no good reason. Not fixed.
• APG: Error in the Italian localization: "nesuno" in the CP editor when a camera has no link should spell "nessuno". Not fixed. At least translation issues should be fixed right away. Why don't you do this???
• APG: Sometimes, especially when dealing with tight (meaning not that much of an overlap) stitches, circular crop will be overridden and we end up with ugly black borders. This should never happen, pixels outside the circular crop should always, invariably, I mean ALWAYS ignored. Not fixed
• APG: NEW! When you switch cameras from standard to fisheye, if you don't nudge the circular crop (even if it's displayed correctly), APG will still use the entire frame.
• APG: If you disable some cameras in the normal view and then go into the CP editor and the cameras were the last you were seeing, they'll still be there. Not fixed.
• AVP/APG: Correct order: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11. Wrong order: 1,10,11,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. This is everywhere. Not fixed.
• AVP/APG: Sometimes it might be needed to duplicate a camera feed. It's a weird request but it really can help in some situation. Not implemented, but whatever.
• APG: Holes on bright skies are impossible to detect until you get back to AVP. Not fixed.
• APG: in move image mode, current image is the normal one while the others are opaque; when in cut preview mode (I don't know how it's called, the Q button in the bottom left corner of the panorama), it's the opposite. Not fixed.
• AVP: Italian translation, the "don't save" button when there is a pending queue when loading has a label that is too long ("Non salvare"). Not fixed.
• AVP: The pending queue dialog seems to be broken, as not always when I press "don't save" it won't pester me again on the next load about the pending queue. Fixed? I guess.
• APG: We need real masks, with lassoing, bezier, feather, keyframes. This is should totally be priority n.1 on masks. The current system DOES. NOT. WORK. Markers are unreliable in cutting and totally worthless in stereo. Not fixed.
• APG: Color correcting tools are too limited to be of any worth. No numerical values to control, exposure correction has never been usable because it's linear on all values and blows up highlights. Not fixed.
• APG: The "bars" you see on the gamma/exposition slider and on the render size settings have absolutely no meaning to anyone. Care to explain them in the GUI? Not fixed.
• APG: Max-min values in optimization, so to prevent optimization going to 300° FOV or 0.9 K1/K2/K3, or 1000 offset. Not implemented, but please for the love of God do this.
• AVP: patches are borken in stereo mode. almost fixed: patches still don't appear in the "stereo mode" tab, but hey, at least they don't blend into the images.
• APG: when you hit edit on a previously optimized pano, all CP's will appear full green until you make some change. Not fixed.

To be honest: these are 70 (and more) bug reports and feature requests from a guy who works with your software full time. This level of QA usually is paid for (when you pay for it, you also get way less jabs at your sloppiness).
Your software is full of holes, and while it's commendable you put a lot of effort in performance improvement and new features, you should also be aware that the UX of AVP and APG is severely lacking.
This is not a 3.0 from a GoPro-owned company, this is a 1.0 from an open source linux project at most. You could get inspiration even from GIMP.
You should hire better UX designers, you should carefully redesign a ton of stuff. Your software gets in the way all the time.
Take a good hard look at this list and tell me this is the best you can do. You didn't even fix the translation issues.