APG overwrites cameras.txt alterations   [SOLVED] - View the solution

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Pro / Giga bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
no avatar
jhendrick

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

APG overwrites cameras.txt alterations

by jhendrick » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:35 am

Hello,

Images from a Leica M-P (Typ 240) are misidentified by APG as coming from a Leica-C. This seems to be happening because of a mismatch between the information in cameras.txt and that provided in the M-P files' EXIF data. I can edit cameras.txt and change the cells there to match the EXIF info, but somehow APG is resetting the cameras.txt file every time it launches, so the changes are lost and have no effect. How can I permanently change the cameras.txt file?

Incidentally, the EXIF data show "Leica Camera AG" for the "Equipment Make" and "LEICA M (Typ 240) for "Camera Model."
The cameras.txt file, however, has: Leica;M Typ 240;1.000

The Image Properties dialog in APG would seem to provide another way to override autodetected settings, but that doesn't work, either. APG reverts to the autodetected settings after OK-ing out of the dialog, no matter what changes I make.

-James

no avatar
marzipano

Liked in: 14 posts
Info

Re: APG overwrites cameras.txt alterations

by marzipano » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:38 am

I seem to recall from way back when my then new Canon wasn't on the list that you have to copy the Kolor supplied list in the folder App Data|Kolor|Data to a new list in App Data|User|data (Windows 7) and edit that.

The Kolor data is recreated on launch but the User data is only recreated if you reinstall or upgrade

no avatar
jhendrick

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: APG overwrites cameras.txt alterations  [SOLVED]

by jhendrick » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:22 pm

Thanks for your reply. I'm on a Mac, but I can relate what you're saying to the Mac folder hierarchy.

Also found some Kolor documentation on how to edit cameras.txt on either Windows or Mac. So, for anyone else who comes across this problem, check out this page for a very clear step-by-step:

here