BUG!... ??   [SOLVED] - View the solution

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Pro / Giga bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Liked in: 227 posts
Info

Re: BUG!... ??

by Destiny » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:37 pm

I do not think I can add XML into my VR Drive for shooting pattern... Besides, I am sure your Panoneed uses only this code but the VR Drive has two files..

Are you able to tell me angle down and up.. I can set 20% ok and a zenith, which I really did not what but if it works I will try it.. The shooting patter is the only thing is can be... I am sure my NPP is correct..

To me it looks like +15.8 X 6 and -33.8 X 6.. + Zenith, but I do not really understand the xml code.. Does this sound right..?? Way different from what I am using... This would give heaps more overlap.. Perhaps thats the issue..

Destiny..

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:38 pm

Destiny wrote:I do not think I can add XML into my VR Drive for shooting pattern... Besides, I am sure your Panoneed uses only this code but the VR Drive has two files..

Are you able to tell me angle down and up.. I can set 20% ok and a zenith, which I really did not what but if it works I will try it.. The shooting patter is the only thing is can be... I am sure my NPP is correct..

To me it looks like +15.8 X 6 and -33.8 X 6.. + Zenith, but I do not really understand the xml code.. Does this sound right..?? Way different from what I am using... This would give heaps more overlap.. Perhaps thats the issue..

Destiny..

Yes, that's what it looks like to me.

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:28 am

OK, I did that shooting pattern.... I am convinced that my issue is the shooting pattern.. At this new shooting pattern, I need to use the XML otherwise the Zenith has issue, but it still does not line up even with XML, then lines of the ceiling are out.. The rest of the pano is perfect as far as I can see. The Nadir Footprint is much more organised too.. I tried to use the images without the Zenith but there is a hug hole..

So, Now I will leave the - 33.8 degrees as it is but make the up + 25 degrees perhaps.

Try again..

Destiny..

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:51 am

Well 25 degrees is not enough.. The stitching in both APG and PGUui seems to be perfect but still has a hole.. So now I have to try 35 degrees...

Interesting to note that the first test using Klaus XML shooting pattern with XML in PTGui, still did not fix the issue of the poor Zenith stitching..

Destiny..

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:53 am

YAAAAY!!!

I knew my NPP was right but the issue was overlap between the bottom and top rows.... I settled with a shooting pattern of + 40 Degrees X 6 and -30 Degrees X6.. Just about perfect.. In both PTGui and APG.. =D

Well that was a very painful event.. I sure hope others can learn from all this.. I would recommend anyone to buy a 14-24mm for spheres.. Its simply a beautiful lens..!

Now I need to make sure my settings are correct by capturing my favourite Antique Centre.. I will also make sure the 24mm focal works at the same shooting pattern. I will then set the images on my D800 to Max, just to see how it goes... At the moment the image size is set to the smallest..

I will also try Hard Links with Stacks.. APG seems to work well with single images or pre-processed images which is also a single image..

Thank you to everyone who contributed positive support to get this issue resolved.. I sure hope its now resolved.. I will try to capture some new images over the weekend to make sure.. I feel my new Tripod also helped...

Destiny..
Attachments
APG-Test-3opp.jpg
ExcellentRMS.jpg

aaronpriest

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by aaronpriest » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:31 am

As I said many comments ago, I go +/-39° x 6 when shooting on my manual panning head. Stitches well. You could try that too on the robotic head if you want.

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:28 am

I will try Aaron.. How did you come up with +/-39°.. Why not 40°.. 39° gives a lot more overlap between the top and bottom rows, in comparison to +/-45°.. Which is what I had.. Can't beliave all my issues were related to a shooting pattern.. :rolleyes:

Destiny...

aaronpriest wrote:As I said many comments ago, I go +/-39° x 6 when shooting on my manual panning head. Stitches well. You could try that too on the robotic head if you want.

aaronpriest

Info

by aaronpriest » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:08 am

+/-39° gives a 25% vertical overlap. You can use +/-40° too of course, then it is 23-24%. +/-45° is only 13% though. For most of what I shoot, lots of critical things happen on the horizon. Having more overlap in that area gives me more cloning options.

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:31 am

How do you work out 25%.. With my old shooting patter of +/-45°, what overlap did that provide...

Destiny...

aaronpriest

Info

by aaronpriest » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:29 am

+/-45° is about a 13% vertical overlap at 14mm in portrait orientation.

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:33 am

No wonder I had issues, not enough.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thank you Aaron..

I will try your angles tomorrow..

Destiny..

aaronpriest wrote:+/-45° is about a 13% vertical overlap at 14mm in portrait orientation.

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:42 am

Hey...

One of my most favourite software applications is EnfuseGUI and to make it even better, its free.. It does an amazing job of fusion.. In my view, the best fusion software ever... Totally love it... and very quick...

Destiny....
Attachments
EnfusGUI.jpg

klausesser

Liked in: 63 posts
Info

by klausesser » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:09 am

Destiny wrote:Well 25 degrees is not enough.. The stitching in both APG and PGUui seems to be perfect but still has a hole.. So now I have to try 35 degrees...

Interesting to note that the first test using Klaus XML shooting pattern with XML in PTGui, still did not fix the issue of the poor Zenith stitching..

Destiny - you cannot use the Panoneed´s xml as code for your shootings which you used a VR2 for - it´s a different hardware.

I sent the xml just for comparing the angles and the strategy of producing the data.

Why would you need TWO xml? When i set the Panoneed to a different state of working it records this different state in the same xml . .

As example:
Bracketing, Number of releases on each position, wait-time on each position, start at the top/start at the bottom, speed-mode, 2nd curtain-mode, vibration-sensor off/on, manual releasing mode, stop/start at the end of each row for adjusting focus manually . . and some other items.

All this things are recorded in ONE xml - why using TWO XMLs??

Josef and i not only calculated and refined angles and steps for months - we also tested each position on reality.

I found out, that using TWO rows - without Zenith-shot - of course is possible with extremewide-agle lenses - but
ONE SHOT MORE , the Zenith, provides more reliable results . . depending on the kind of surrounding you´re shooting in.

Inside a room in my eyes a Zenith-shot is very preferable. In the open on the other hand you most likely don´t need one - aside from the sky or moving clouds need it.

Anyway: the hardware´s (head) features need to match the XML of course! So you cannot take a Panoneed´s xml for using in on the VR2.

If this is what you did - hope, i understood you correctly.

Klaus

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:10 am

sorry - error
Last edited by klausesser on Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:19 am

Klaus.. I did not say I needed "two" xml files.... I said that the VR Drive uses "two files"... I do not know what format the other file is.. it might be xml but one definatly is.... As far as I know, the second file is VR Drive/Roundshot software....

"Besides, I am sure your Panoneed uses only this code but the VR Drive has two files.."

Not to worry.. I think I have the answer... I will try to shoot a new VR Tour of the Antique Centre to make sure my new shooting pattern is working correctly...

Destiny...

klausesser wrote:Why would you need TWO xml? When i set the Panoneed to a different state of working it records this different state in the same xml . .

Klaus

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:25 am

Destiny wrote:Klaus.. I did not say I needed "two" xml files.... I said that the VR Drive uses "two files"... I do not know what format the other file is.. it might be xml but one definatly is.... As far as I know, the second file is VR Drive/Roundshot software....

??? :cool:

Klaus

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:29 am

I just checked.. The XML that I download from my VR Drive is for assisting with stitching which is a similar or same as Papywizard XML code.... The VR Drive also generates XML code but this code is the settings for the VR Drive that users add to save the settings put in.... This is the old code before I made the changes...

Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Program Version="10">
   <GeneralData>
      <ProgramNumber>23</ProgramNumber>
      <Mode>4</Mode>
      <AngleMode>1</AngleMode>
      <FocalLength>14</FocalLength>
      <AZentrum>74</AZentrum>
      <BNodalpunkt>45</BNodalpunkt>
      <StartAngleX>0</StartAngleX>
      <StartAngleY>0</StartAngleY>
      <AngleX>3600</AngleX>
      <AngleY>1800</AngleY>
      <OverlapX>30</OverlapX>
      <OverlapY>30</OverlapY>
      <Smoothening>0</Smoothening>
      <Sequence>2</Sequence>
      <SpeedX>6</SpeedX>
      <SpeedY>10</SpeedY>
      <ReleaseTime>1</ReleaseTime>
      <PauseBefore>10</PauseBefore>
      <PauseAfter>10</PauseAfter>
      <Repetition>0</Repetition>
      <RepetitionDelay>0</RepetitionDelay>
      <Ramp>100</Ramp>
      <Bracketing>0</Bracketing>
      <HDRContTimer>10</HDRContTimer>
      <Manual>0</Manual>
      <MirrorPrerelTimer>0</MirrorPrerelTimer>
      <MirrorPrerelMode>0</MirrorPrerelMode>
      <OrientClockwise>0</OrientClockwise>
      <CameraOrientation>0</CameraOrientation>
      <YOffset>0</YOffset>
      <LensType>1</LensType>
      <ForceNadir>0</ForceNadir>
      <AvIsoAsa>0</AvIsoAsa>
      <ApertureStep>2</ApertureStep>
      <SequenceSpeed>0</SequenceSpeed>
      <ApertureCompensation>0</ApertureCompensation>
      <AvShutterSpeed>12</AvShutterSpeed>
      <AvAperture>6</AvAperture>
      <TimelapseMode>0</TimelapseMode>
      <ImageReleaseMode>0</ImageReleaseMode>
      <TurntableSize>0</TurntableSize>
      <PhotoNumber>0</PhotoNumber>
      <USBConnected>1</USBConnected>
      <ReleaseWithUSBCable>0</ReleaseWithUSBCable>
      <WhitebalanceChanging>0</WhitebalanceChanging>
      <ReadingExposuretime>0</ReadingExposuretime>
      <MemoryCheck>2</MemoryCheck>
      <ReleaseControl>1</ReleaseControl>
      <UseableMemory>90</UseableMemory>
      <RepeatOffsetAngle>0</RepeatOffsetAngle>
      <ExposureReferenceType>2</ExposureReferenceType>
      <ManualModeChanging>0</ManualModeChanging>
      <ApproximateDuration>653</ApproximateDuration>
      <PauseBeforeImage>0</PauseBeforeImage>
      <PauseAfterImage>0</PauseAfterImage>
      <AutoExposure>0</AutoExposure>
      <ExposureVariationStrategy>0</ExposureVariationStrategy>
      <SetImageIdentifierString>1</SetImageIdentifierString>
   </GeneralData>
   <ArrayData>
      <CtrlPoints>
      </CtrlPoints>
      <Rows>
         <Row nr="0" Photos="6" YAngle="45.0"></Row>
         <Row nr="1" Photos="6" YAngle="-45.0"></Row>
      </Rows>
      <HDR>
         <HDRStep nr="0" ShutterSpeed="0" Aperture="6" IsoAsa="0"></HDRStep>
         <HDRStep nr="1" ShutterSpeed="6" Aperture="6" IsoAsa="0"></HDRStep>
         <HDRStep nr="2" ShutterSpeed="12" Aperture="6" IsoAsa="0"></HDRStep>
         <HDRStep nr="3" ShutterSpeed="18" Aperture="6" IsoAsa="0"></HDRStep>
         <HDRStep nr="4" ShutterSpeed="24" Aperture="6" IsoAsa="0"></HDRStep>
      </HDR>
   </ArrayData>
   <SpecialData>
      <Text>14MM 14-24 LENS</Text>
      <Camera Used="1" Brand="Nikon" ID="1" Name="D800" SensorXmm="3600" SensorYmm="2390" MtpDataAdress="929792" HashCode="40030512"></Camera>
   </SpecialData>
</Program>

Destiny...

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:25 am

Hi I shot some new Pans of my local Antique Centre using my brand new shooting patter and new Tripod..

The stitching quality using PGTui as far as i can see is perfect.. So is the blending..

The stitching using APG has a couple of very small issues towards the Zenith.. Thats all I think but I will have to look closely later. The big issue now is, the blending. Just horrible.!!. Its all patchy. I will have to check the settings.. When opened APG his morning it prompted me to download the latest version. I think something has gone wrong with this new build.. :rolleyes: =(

Destiny...
Attachments
PTGuiFrontDeskOpp.jpg
APGFrontDeskOpp.jpg

aaronpriest

Info

by aaronpriest » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:37 am

I blend with Photoshop more than anything else these days. Nothing else comes close in quality, though it does take a lot of resources and time. I just posted this pano last night, click the image to zoom in and pan around, shooting and stitching details under the photo...

http://galleries.aaronpriestphoto.com/L ... aine-Pano/

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:58 am

Nice Aaron... Well done.. I wish that Photoshop has Batch for HDR.. Its does a nice job but would take too long to do al the images..

I just tried the second pano and the blend in APG is fine.. Not sure what went wrong with APG, I will try the first pano again. I had that before but only once and then it stopped doing it... The stitching in APG is almost perfect. Again just some issues on the Zenith but nothing bad. PTGui is just perfect all over. No issues at all..

I still have not tried your stitching pattern. Hard to do with so little time in the Antique Centre.. Just enough time to capture two panos before they open the main doors were people walk in...

Today was perfect day being overcast so no real blow out of white light through the windows... Bit of haze in the lens perhaps.. Not sure.

Destiny..

aaronpriest

Info

by aaronpriest » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:52 am

Lightroom REALLY needs a batch feature for HDR. I just spent an hour or two today with several HDR programs and Lightroom's deghosting was miles ahead of all the rest. I was very impressed. Sadly, I'm frustrated at how inconsistent it has become at applying equal edits to all images for timelapse and panoramas. This current sphere has been one of the worst examples:
Screenshot2.jpg

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:24 am

When I purchased LightRoom I bought V3, a week later V4 came out. When I asked if I was entitled to a free upgrade Adobe basically said too bad.. I will never upgrade, in fact I do not even use it. Many Adobe products have inherent bugs.. I have told them about the bugs but I never receive a response. Adobe needs to begin to listen to its customers to provide basic function like Batch HDR and to fix bugs that have been apparent for years.. I have tried to use a Macro and create a Droplet to process HDR but that does not work.. Adobe have sent .. wasted a heap of time with 3D options in Photoshop that simply are issue related rather than fix old bugs which are more important...

Destiny..

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:25 am

Another reason why I love using my 14-24mm for Panos.. I can slide out my bottom rail of my VR Drive and then slidd the upright rail in place so my camera is now Portrait. I have a setting for a single shot programmed in. I set the Still settings the same so my Pano settings so my images all match..

Destiny...
Attachments
Image1.jpg

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:50 am

Half EV lower from RAW to get some natual glow into the pano.. APG did not have issues with the blending this time. Very strange this should happen but thankfully very very rarely.. APG still has some slight sticking errors...

Destiny..
Attachments
APGHalfEVLowerOpp.jpg

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:14 am

... and here too, with half an EV lower from RAW, stitched this time using PTGui.. Perfect.. Beautiful..! My new shooting pattern has made all the difference.. =D

Now I know my NPP is perfect, I need to focus on the Topic of this Post. APG and Stacks including Hard Links.. with XML.. Is there a Bug??? I will play around with the Stacks, Hard Links and XML..

Destiny..
Attachments
PTGuiHalfEVLowerOpp.jpg

PreviousNext