BUG!... ??   [SOLVED] - View the solution

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Pro / Giga bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
aaronpriest

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

Re: BUG!... ??

by aaronpriest » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:06 am

Destiny wrote:This face plate... the flange, where the lens butts against..

Well, that's the lens flange I was talking about originally! LOL

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Liked in: 227 posts
Info

by Destiny » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:12 am

Oops.. I thought you meant the flange on the lens itself...I wondered why you thought it was easier.. I was thinking that this was the camera flange. .or plate as I called it.. haha... Oh well.. So now you know what I mean.. =D

So what I really want to know is your measurement from that Flange on the camera while mounted on your head to the 0 point which is the NPP.. for both the 14mm and 24mm.. That's the vital information to check my NPP.. The way I did it was to hold a metal ruler across that Lens Flange to the top rail, then stick some tape to that point.. Then measure from that point to the 0, centre of the tripod..

Destiny..

aaronpriest

Info

by aaronpriest » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:44 am

I'm not sure on that. I'm under the gun on some really big projects for the next two weeks, and the camera gear is all packed up, so it will be a while before I can play with stuff like that. Sorry! ;-)

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:49 am

That's ok Aaron.. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule..

Destiny..

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:35 am

If I use the XML with Stacks in APG I get a RMS of 3.8 but without XML its 2.7. The strange thing too, in the Roundshot plugin settings, I can see that Hard Links is ticked, which is good. The rendered pano has more double ghosting image than without using XML. That is why I said that the XML makes it worse.. I will test again soon a single pre processed set of images with XML.. Its obvious that Stacks in APG for me is issue oriented so I will give up. Chuck it in the too hard basket.. I would like to get some resolution though with APG since I would like to be able to use Live Pano when I need to. Thats such an amazing feature it needs to be used...

Destiny..
Attachments
double2.jpg
double1.jpg

aaronpriest

Info

by aaronpriest » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:46 am

Are you certain there are no alignment issues between the exposure layers? If you bring that bracketed set into Photomatix without alignment, does it blend right?

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:07 am

From Photomatix I get great images.. No issue at all as far as I can see.. I find that the Anti Ghost does nothing to help since there is nothing to help with.. But.. Klaus already pointed out that there could be some moment during shooting so I have just bought a new tripod. I have not yet tried a new shoot. I will try over the weekend...

I tested Bracketed Stacks in APG, just horrible..
I tested Bracketed Stacks with XML its worse...
I just tried Pre Processed from Photomatix with single XML and again terrible... Terrible..

I have just taken another very close look at the PTGui pano. There are some very slight errors but nothing much.. I did not try to use XML...

At page 2 hear, you will find my images.. and two xml codes. One for 5 stacks and the other for single. I reduced the image size to send... You can try yourself.. See what you think..

When I see my Nadir Foot Print with the jutting out tripod it reminds me of my Fisheye lens with the same issue. That was the NPP out.. So perhaps this is my issue. I really do not know where to move it.. I have gone from 10mm back to 10mm forward and moved it .5mm each time and taken so many test panos it drove me nuts. The best result was as it is not which coincides with the NPP setting of that graphic I added earlier.. So I assume its right. The only other thing I can think of is that my shooting pattern and number of shots is not right.. or.. there is something wrong with my images. So until I get time to shoot new images with my new tripod I will have to wait and see....

Destiny..

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:43 am

I tried PTGui again with XML, strangely enough I get more errors than without XML.. When I stitch without XML, the only small errors I get are straight through the middle.. of the pano. In this same area with APG, huge errors.. but also others all over too..

A trick AlexJ taught me was to flick between the control points to see if there were any movement between slices which is a clear sign that the NPP is out.. But to be honest, I see so little moment which suggest the NPP is correct.. I am wondering if my issue is the overlap of the top row with the bottom row.. Perhaps I need more.. Perhaps if I changed the bottom to 40 or 35 degrees to get more overlap..

Here is a movie of my control movements between slices..

Destiny..
Attachments
ControlPointMovements.mov.zip
(18.67 MiB) Downloaded 39 times

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:33 am

I just tried the Lens Correction in Photoshop but felt that the correction effected the sharpness of the images.. I am downloading DxO now.. I will give that a go... The fact that the 14-24mm is more like a huge fisheye rather than a normal lens might be part of the issue..

Destiny.

no avatar
Panoram1x

Liked in: 40 posts
Info

by Panoram1x » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:35 am

No I haven't.. Sounds interesting. Which option do I need to use. Is it just the DxO OpticPro 10.. There is a Mac version for Trial...

Destiny..

Yes Windows and Mac versions are available and are fully functional for 30 day-trial.

https://support.dxo.com/hc/en-us/articl ... OpticsPro-

You can test the option "distortion" under geometry tab with "Auto with DxO Optics Module".
DxO will automatically download the appropriate module for your camera/lens.

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:08 am

Thank you for that info...

Its downloading but very very slow.. Might stop and try again another day...

Destiny...

klausesser

Liked in: 63 posts
Info

by klausesser » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:47 am

Destiny wrote:I tried PTGui again with XML, strangely enough I get more errors than without XML.. When I stitch without XML, the only small errors I get are straight through the middle.. of the pano. In this same area with APG, huge errors.. but also others all over too..

Regarding APG and PTGui are rather different but running into the same kind of issue i suspect that either the kind of xml the head writes might be buggy - or the way you handle the head´s xml export might cause the issue. Or your setting-up the shootings might be "buggy" . . .

There´s not too much left, is it . . . ;)

Again: can you provide the head´s xml-files from the 14-24mm @14mm and from your 35mm?

Providing images please use the original image-size, but strong jpg-compression for making the data smaller.

Do NOT send the shots in a different physical size!

As a first step make your xml-files from 14mm and 35mm accessible. That´s easy: they´re very small.

This way we can see whether all the steps are correct or not by comparing them to the xml from other heads
like Dr. Clauss and Panoneed - from which we know they work perfectly well with APG and PTGui.

Guess that´s the only way to find out what´s going on with your issues.

Klaus

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:04 am

Ok.. I bought BetterZIP a few weeks ago and that does a better job of Zipping.. Down from 1.3gig to 642mb... I am uploading now.. I cannot send the single shots, far too big.. That would still be several gig even Zipped...

I have attached the Single XML as it exports from my VR Drive.. No editing at all.. I will provide the download link when uploaded...

Destiny..
Attachments
P23-14mm%2045x45.xml.zip
(601 Bytes) Downloaded 34 times

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:27 am

Destiny wrote:I
A trick AlexJ taught me was to flick between the control points to see if there were any movement between slices which is a clear sign that the NPP is out.. But to be honest, I see so little moment which suggest the NPP is correct.. I am wondering if my issue is the overlap of the top row with the bottom row.. Perhaps I need more.. Perhaps if I changed the bottom to 40 or 35 degrees to get more overlap..

Here is a movie of my control movements between slices..

Destiny - this is useless with high-resolution shots. It´s ok when you´re shooting rather low-res using fisheyes.
But with non-fisheye 36MPX-shots the differences are too small for visible controlling by switching between images
in the overeview.
You would need to flick between the images @100% or at least 50%. That either doesn´t work at all in the editor - or it takes too much time,

That´s why i only relay on a minimum of RMS - definitely under 2 - which always proves to be reliable with working hirez for zooming in to 100%.

Klaus

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:34 am

Destiny wrote:I have attached the Single XML as it exports from my VR Drive.. No editing at all.. I will provide the download link when uploaded...

Didn´t you shoot a sphere?

The xml tells you shot a mosaic . . .

Ok - should work nevertheless. I´ll cross-check it with the Panoneed-xml.

Klaus

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:46 am

Oh no!!. I hope I put the right setting in my VR Drive. I am sure I did... Now I need to check..

Destiny...

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:50 am

Destiny wrote:Oh no!!. I hope I put the right setting in my VR Drive. I am sure I did... Now I need to check..

Destiny...

Basically it should work ok! But i wonder how APG´s and PTGui´s importer handles it . .

Klaus

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:51 am

Spherical is set on my VR Drive.. So I have it right....

Destiny..

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:55 am

Well, I use the Roundshot Plugin for xml..

Images are still uploading.. 106kb per sec..

Destiny...

aaronpriest

Info

by aaronpriest » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:36 pm

Destiny wrote:The fact that the 14-24mm is more like a huge fisheye rather than a normal lens might be part of the issue..

The front lens element might be bulbous, but Nikon's 14-24mm f/2.8 is one of the most rectilinear wide angle lenses there is. As is Canon's new 11-24mm f/4. Both have very little distortion. ;-)

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:46 pm

Ok.. Here is the link to my images. Let me know if it works... Should download a lot quicker than it took to upload...

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/Dest ... yPano2.zip

Destiny..

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:52 pm

Well that makes sense since there is very little distortion when shooting a single image, perhaps a little if the images have been captured close up.... So I guess there is no point in using lens correction software with the images.

Destiny...

aaronpriest wrote:
Destiny wrote:The fact that the 14-24mm is more like a huge fisheye rather than a normal lens might be part of the issue..

The front lens element might be bulbous, but Nikon's 14-24mm f/2.8 is one of the most rectilinear wide angle lenses there is. As is Canon's new 11-24mm f/4. Both have very little distortion. ;-)

aaronpriest

Info

by aaronpriest » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:23 pm

I go back and forth on lens correction and vignetting with Lightroom. For AutoPano Giga I usually use it. For PTGui Pro I don't always (since it has a good vignetting analyzer). For either program, you have to make sure it doesn't tag it as a fisheye, because it often will assume that for focal lengths wider than 15 or 16mm on a full frame sensor. You can change that in the preferences for PTGui.

no avatar
Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:25 pm

Yes I do.. I change it to 14mm focal Normal Lens...

Destiny..

aaronpriest wrote:I go back and forth on lens correction and vignetting with Lightroom. For AutoPano Giga I usually use it. For PTGui Pro I don't always (since it has a good vignetting analyzer). For either program, you have to make sure it doesn't tag it as a fisheye, because it often will assume that for focal lengths wider than 15 or 16mm on a full frame sensor. You can change that in the preferences for PTGui.

aaronpriest likes this post.

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:28 pm

here´s the Panoneed´s xml for the 14mm:
http://www.klausesser.de/14mm.xml.zip
2 x 6 + Zenith, 20% overlap

Klaus

aaronpriest likes this post.

PreviousNext