Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:34 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:20 am 

Hi!
I've started a new thread when NEF files from D800 Nikon are perfectly stitched in a pano, but JPG from Lightroom are not so succesful and pano has many errors (ghosting).
Another problem I 've noticed during a day of many tries. When preview window is more then about 38% - preview shows perfect result, but when window is less then 38% preview shows errors WHICH are then visible on rendered panorama! Pictures of this problem:
1. Table is stitched ok, and all seems to be ok

2. When preview zoom is about 30% on the same panorama there is an error on that table

3. Rendered panorama shows the same error

4. The same pictures stitched stright from NEF files are perfectly stitched EVERY time!

Any ideas?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:55 am 

I found that NEFs have different resolution then JPG or 16bTiffs from RAW converter software (cs5 or lightroom).
May this have influence on rendered panorama?
Please NOTE that UGLY, bad paralax, nodal point, moved pictures BUT in NEF format from my D800 are PERFECTLY stitched in Autopano Giga 3.6 but the same pictures without ANY lens calibration changes, just converted into JPG or 16bTiffs (using autopano plugin or not) have MANY errors. Why?

Also NOTE that converted NEFs are recognized by Autopano as Fisheye but unconverted are "standard".

Picture details in Autopano Exif shows my lens used Samyang 14 mm f/2.8 ED AS IF UMC but converted have "306 lenses" notice.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:08 pm 

Dude wrote:
I found that NEFs have different resolution then JPG or 16bTiffs from RAW converter software (cs5 or lightroom).
May this have influence on rendered panorama?

Strange - i never realized that. For me it makes no difference at all in a stitch. Do you have any preferences set in LR regarding the size
for exporting images?

Can you post a screenshot from the export-settings?

Klaus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:16 pm 

klausesser wrote:
Strange - i never realized that. For me it makes no difference at all in a stitch. Do you have any preferences set in LR regarding the size
for exporting images?

Can you post a screenshot from the export-settings?

Klaus

But it has no matter which raw converter I am using. I made conversion export via Autopano Plugin and had the same results. NEF resolution from Nikon documentation is 4912x7360.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:06 pm 

Dude wrote:
NEF resolution from Nikon documentation is 4912x7360.

Yes - from my D800 i get 7360 × 4912.
Capture One Pro puts out the very same size as TIFFs.
Also does Lightroom5.

So - no difference after RAW conversion in LR5 and Capture One Pro.

Important is not to change anything regarding size in LR´s export.

Definitely better to process RAWs in a dedicatedRAW application - APG can do it also, but you don´t have advanced features,
the processing is rather rudimental.

I made the best experiences by using Capture One Pro - and here using the feature LCC. That´s of great help regarding color-casts from the lenses as well as vignetting.

It dioesn´t deal with databases - it generates a profile for your actual shoot! By holding a white plastic-diffusor tightly to the front-lens and make an additional shot. In this ALL behavior of the lens reated to focus, aperture and vignetting is registered, calculated and a compensation-profile can be aplied to the shoots in a seroes as batch.

This can be done for each different scene individually. So you always have actual values - instead of using values from a database . . which have nothing to do with your actual, real shooting!

workflow for LCC (switch it to english):

http://www.phaseone.com/Imaging-Softwar ... lang=de-de

Klaus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:11 am 

Ok. I bougth the licence a few days ago, and THIS problem is still visible.\
48% zoom preview shows NO problem but the render is wrong:(
KRPANO staff - WHY?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:57 am 

Dude wrote:
Hi!
I've started a new thread when NEF files from D800 Nikon are perfectly stitched in a pano, but JPG from Lightroom are not so succesful and pano has many errors (ghosting).
Another problem I 've noticed during a day of many tries. When preview window is more then about 38% - preview shows perfect result, but when window is less then 38% preview shows errors WHICH are then visible on rendered panorama! Pictures of this problem:
1. Table is stitched ok, and all seems to be ok

2. When preview zoom is about 30% on the same panorama there is an error on that table

3. Rendered panorama shows the same error

4. The same pictures stitched stright from NEF files are perfectly stitched EVERY time!

Any ideas?

The preview bug has been reported before, kolor just does not recognise it as a bug, they seem to think it is a feature.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18361

The work around is to zoom in slowly and preview at a few levels of zoom and remove issues at the level they show. It is not even that much more work.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:10 pm 
Administrator

We may have found something lately that could be the same at the described issue:
A bug that only happens in case of fisheye pictures which are not full frame. We are still investigating.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:37 pm 

But how am I supposed to correct my pano if everything is perfect (new try shows RMS 2,50) but render is wrong? I've tried several times zooming out and in with GREAT preview but render had stitching errors?
What to do?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:41 pm 

Dude wrote:
But how am I supposed to correct my pano if everything is perfect (new try shows RMS 2,50) but render is wrong? I've tried several times zooming out and in with GREAT preview but render had stitching errors?
What to do?

Hi, it is indeed not an easy process. Wish it was different, I explained it in full detail how it was a bug, but Kolor decided otherwise.

If you send me the originals I am happy to give it a go on sunday. I will keep track of the time and let you know.