Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:54 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:35 am 

Hi,
There is a strange bug in the way APG (I'm using 3.5.1, but the bug's been there for a while) fills in the name of a file in the "save" dialog on the Mac (10.9.3). Let me explain.

When I have detected some panos, I end up (in the right pane) with a bunch of panos. Each pano is identified by a name (which comes from the "Detection" menu, under filename - I am using %i_%j_%n.pano, using relative path, and folder %i). This name appears for all panos in the top ribbon above the image.

When I hit save for this pano (or save all), APG should pre-fill the name in the save window that pops up (where you can say which directory to use, and what the filename should be), so I just need to hit "save", without typing anything. This is also the behavior under windows. But on the Mac, this fails - only sometimes. For some files, the name does appear correctly, but on others, I get "Untitled.pano" instead. This is hugely annoying, because I can have maybe 50 panos to save, and some just come up with "Untitled.pano" and I have to type the whole name. And If I do a "Save All", I don't even know which pano's filename fails to appear, since there's no way to say what file triggers the event. Only way out, is to say "cancel" the save on the untitled files, and then go back and see which ones have been saved (the star has disappeared in the menu bar with the filename).

The problem is that this behaviour not consistent. Some filenames do appear, some don't. I haven't been able to figure out what triggers this phenomenon.

Any ideas ?

Thanks !

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:33 pm 

Hi!
Can anybody try to reproduce this behavior ? I am the only one having this ? That could help me find a work-around...
Thanks !

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:54 am 

I have the same issue (AP Giga 3.6.2; OS X 10.9.4).

I get Untitled.pano every time on the save (as) dialog.

/Hartmut

PS: By the way: I use the setting "Use relative paths..."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:46 pm 

Yes, I also use relative paths.
Hopefully someone at Kolor can have a look at this. It is *really* annoying, when you try to work in batch mode, and have to enter filenames for 50 files one after the other...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:17 pm 

Hello,
Thank you for reporting this bug.
We could reproduce it and are working on the fix.
Best regards,
Antoine

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:19 pm 

Super, thanks a lot Antoine !

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:33 pm 

Hello,

It appears that this is a known bug of Qt (https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-27664).
One simple solution, waiting the fix from Qt, is to uncheck the box "Use system file browser" in Autopano general settings.

Best regards,
Antoine.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:39 pm 

AntoineM wrote:
Hello,

It appears that this is a known bug of Qt (https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-27664).
One simple solution, waiting the fix from Qt, is to uncheck the box "Use system file browser" in Autopano general settings.

Best regards,
Antoine.

Antoine,

is this a Linux-only work-around? Because I do not see this preference on my MAC and I do have the problem also on the MAC.

Best regards
Hartmut

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:32 pm 

Hello Hartmut,

This is a work-around for MAC. You will find the setting in the "Theme" group, here: http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/ ... _-_General

Best regards,
Antoine

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:22 pm 

AntoineM wrote:
This is a work-around for MAC. You will find the setting in the "Theme" group, here: http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/ ... _-_General

Thanks a lot for the tip, Antoine. And sorry for not looking careful enough myself :-)