Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:29 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: License Bug ....
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:10 am 

When APG crashes, many times it "forgets" my license information. This despite the fact that I may have started and closed the program many times inbetween. I'm not sure why this is. After all, usually licenses are hidden away somewhere in the registry or in a file somewhere or .... but for the license to become forgotten on something that should be read-only is really weird. When this happens, I have to go to the website, login, find the downloads section and then the license section and copy and paste and all in all it is a real pain.

Of course (as a programmer myself), I _could_ use various debugging tools to figure out where the license info is all being kept and then I could make a backup. At the same time, I've got better things to do with my time and it is _your_ software -- and your bug. ;-)

If you could fix this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Art

Post subject: Re: License Bug ....
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:10 am 

pollarda wrote:
When APG crashes, many times it "forgets" my license information. This despite the fact that I may have started and closed the program many times inbetween. I'm not sure why this is. After all, usually licenses are hidden away somewhere in the registry or in a file somewhere or .... but for the license to become forgotten on something that should be read-only is really weird. When this happens, I have to go to the website, login, find the downloads section and then the license section and copy and paste and all in all it is a real pain.

Why don't you keep a local record?

Quote:
Of course (as a programmer myself), I _could_ use various debugging tools to figure out where the license info is all being kept and then I could make a backup. At the same time, I've got better things to do with my time and it is _your_ software -- and your bug. ;-)

If you could fix this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Art

Which OS and are you using the 32 or 64 bit version of APP or APG?

Post subject: Re: License Bug ....
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:12 am 
Administrator

We don't hide the user code, it is stored in the registry.
But the reason why it is lost after a crash is mysterious, as we don't delete the key.