License Bug ....  

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Pro / Giga bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
no avatar
pollarda

License Bug ....

by pollarda » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:10 am

When APG crashes, many times it "forgets" my license information. This despite the fact that I may have started and closed the program many times inbetween. I'm not sure why this is. After all, usually licenses are hidden away somewhere in the registry or in a file somewhere or .... but for the license to become forgotten on something that should be read-only is really weird. When this happens, I have to go to the website, login, find the downloads section and then the license section and copy and paste and all in all it is a real pain.

Of course (as a programmer myself), I _could_ use various debugging tools to figure out where the license info is all being kept and then I could make a backup. At the same time, I've got better things to do with my time and it is _your_ software -- and your bug. ;-)

If you could fix this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Art

no avatar
mediavets

Re: License Bug ....

by mediavets » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:10 am

pollarda wrote:When APG crashes, many times it "forgets" my license information. This despite the fact that I may have started and closed the program many times inbetween. I'm not sure why this is. After all, usually licenses are hidden away somewhere in the registry or in a file somewhere or .... but for the license to become forgotten on something that should be read-only is really weird. When this happens, I have to go to the website, login, find the downloads section and then the license section and copy and paste and all in all it is a real pain.

Why don't you keep a local record?

Of course (as a programmer myself), I _could_ use various debugging tools to figure out where the license info is all being kept and then I could make a backup. At the same time, I've got better things to do with my time and it is _your_ software -- and your bug. ;-)

If you could fix this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Art

Which OS and are you using the 32 or 64 bit version of APP or APG?

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Re: License Bug ....

by AlexandreJ » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:12 am

We don't hide the user code, it is stored in the registry.
But the reason why it is lost after a crash is mysterious, as we don't delete the key.

Return to Autopano bug & discussion