Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:15 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: license Question
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:35 pm 

Hi,

I'm not entirely sure about an aspect of the license and how this software works. In particular it's about the following point:

Quote:
Can I install the application on several computers?

The license of Autopano Giga is a single-station license, i.e. you can only install the application on one computer. However, Kolor tolerates the installation of the application on several computers for individuals and self-employed persons insofar as you are the only user of the application on these computers

So: Is it a single station license or a single user license? Or both?

In particular: If I were to install Autopano Giga on a Windows system and register it:

- Should I be able to use the registered version with other user accounts on the same system?
- Would using the registered version of Autopano Giga on a single system by multiple users be "ok" or violate the license?

Thank you in advance for you reply!
Regards
Kai Schmidt

Post subject: Re: license Question
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:25 pm 

Herzlich Willkommen im Kolor/Autopano Forum!

Shimaaji wrote:
- Would using the registered version of Autopano Giga on a single system by multiple users be "ok" or violate the license?

please correct me if I'm wrong, I read it this way:

if I buy one license,
I can install it on my Computer and its only me allowed to work with autopano. So Notebook sharing with a colleague would violate the license....

I also can install the autopano Software on my second or third comouter, my Notebook and my Netbook etc.
(it is tolerated by Kolor, but not allowed...;-))
But same again... its only allowed that I do work with autopano on these Computers.

Quote:
- Should I be able to use the registered version with other user accounts on the same system?

if the other user accounts belong to yourself than its ok, if the accounts belong to other persons, than no.

Quote:

if the other user accounts belong to yourself than its ok, if the accounts belong to other persons, than no.

Liebe Grüße,
Georg

Post subject: Re: license Question
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 1:24 pm 

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. However, in that case the question would remain, why a single-user license is sold as a single-station license?

Regards