The template feature does not work as expected, with AGP 351 W7 the template feature seems completely unuseable.
Expected behaviour: Transfer image positions and hard links from master pano to similar sets of images.
What i did:
Shot image sequenze for full sphere Detect and optimize a master pano as good as it gets Manually aligned images with no control points (upper hemisphere) Hard linked all images with no control points Saved as template
Used template for similar set of images with no error message
What i experienced:
The template file contains control points with "rms=0" for the hard linked images, seems to be ok On detection (template activated) these control points are thrown out regardgless of my settings Images without detectable control points stick at base position Result: Same as without template, so completely unuseable
Please do not destroy my input from the master pano!
On detection use all information from processed images If a images delivers no control points just use the dummy points from the template, that's why i made the effort! This should be not much work on coding...
Result: Best possible alignment for new images Useable and coherent placement for featureless images Structure will be preserved with further optimization - delivering perfect pano
ha... dont know if the Templates purpose is to do that.... ... in screenshot the description not explicitely states that hard links CPs etc are reused.
a Workaround can be achieved this way: 1. finish your pano, render the pano if you like... 2. in APGs main menu (not in Editors window) "save Workspace" 3. in result xxx.apw and xxx.pano is saved 4. open both files in Texteditor capable to edit XML files (aptana Studio just as example) 5. copy those two files, rename them, edit the referenced filenames also inside both files. adopt the filenames to the new Images from new Project 6. open edited Project file.... (if error occure than one refeerenced Image was forgotten to be changed...)
this works if the pano pattern is identical (same focal, same row and column numbers but only different filenames)
but from my impressions of other software and following the meaning of the word a template should exactly do that! Case now, it just kills my input and does nothing for me.
I frequently use file name editing in other context if i have absolute control of source image positions. But here i need a template function as i described above. The template workflow creates a new set of control points for the new images which file substitution does not.
Meanwhile i get by with the workaround via papywizard. So maybe the bug should be renamed to "template button orphaned, template feature in disguise as papywizard".