Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:23 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:53 am 

Hi Team,
hi all,

I have found a problem during Little Planet panorama rendering in APG 3.0 & APG 3.5.

Here is the situation:
I opened 8 panoramas and convert them to Little Planet views. I stored them and start the rendering process (all 8 panoramas are now in the render stack).
After 24 hours the 1 panorama was in the colour balancing step. I broke up at that point. Reboot my PC and start APG 3.5 again. Now I load all stored Little Planet images again and start the rendering process right away and now after 2-3 hour the panorama is stiched.

I remenber that I have this problem with APG 3.0 last year, that's the reason why I mentioned APG 3.0, but this it not testet again.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Stefan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:50 pm 

Hi Team,
hi All,

here a short update. This phenomenon is happen today again. In this case with a "normal" panorama. What happend: I start rendering a panorama and after that I start importing a new panorama (via papywizzard), after that I make some viewpoint correction and start rendering the panorama. After 12 hours the first panorama stops rendering at the color-adjustment step. I stop it, start APG 3.5 again load the two panoramas and after 3 hours both are done.

May it helps.

Regards,
Stefan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:46 pm 

Abulafia wrote:
Hi Team,
hi All,

here a short update. This phenomenon is happen today again. In this case with a "normal" panorama. What happend: I start rendering a panorama and after that I start importing a new panorama (via papywizzard), after that I make some viewpoint correction and start rendering the panorama. After 12 hours the first panorama stops rendering at the color-adjustment step. I stop it, start APG 3.5 again load the two panoramas and after 3 hours both are done.

May it helps.

Regards,
Stefan

Hey Stefan!

Please tell us about your hardware!

Klaus

PS: for explaining my question - 4GB RAM or 8GB RAM can cause issues depending on the project.
Also a slow HD resp. only one HD can cause these issues.

I suggest to use at least 8GB and a fast extra HD for the temp files or - much better - more RAM and a fast extra HD
alone for rthe temp files.

But other parts of the hardware naturally also have a meaning . .

Also to take into account is the nature of the images: RAW, TIFF or JPG? Size? To use 240 RAWs from a D800 means to need VERY much RAM and a fast machine.

Better processing RAWs to TIFFs or to JPGs prior to stitching. APG then has a much more easy job running the stitch.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:48 pm 

Hi Klaus,

here is my Hardware & software:
    Windows 7 x64 SP1
    AMD A8-6600K Accelerated Processor
    32GB RAM
    nvidia GTX 770
    RAID 10 with 4x2TB HDD
    128GB SSD for Temp files

90 TIFF images = 3 rows with 10 stops & 3 images per stop
Camera Nikon Df

Hope it helps.