Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:53 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:44 pm 

Destiny wrote:
Which bring me back to my request for Kolor to have its own XML code generator..

Destiny..

How do you envisage this would work? (of course on can already generate an XML file using Papywizard in simulation mode).

We'll presume it would apply only to those using manual pano heads; because it couldn't work for handheld and robotic pano head are already catered for.

If using a manual pano head to shoot spherical panos then you could generate an XML file from a good stitch using the Export Papywizard feature now in APG 3.5; and later apply that to other image sets shot using the same pattern.

But what about partial panos shot with longer focal length lens using a manual pano head?

I have previously suggested a Generic matrix import wizard modeled on a more flexible version of the Gigapan Import wizard; allowing portrait orientation for example and more variations of shooing pattern. Alex once said it could be get implemented quickly because it was easy to do - but nothing happened.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:05 am 

Thank you Andrew.. I would never have thought to look there.. I have looked everywhere else... and.. it worked.. Kind of.. When I used the Papywiz code my RMS when way down but the preview thumbs are very spread out.. Even if I enlarge them they are still spread out so thats a bit of a bug.. Unfortunately, I was unable to render since my Mac was not up to the memory needed.. again.. I will reboot and test it out.. I will also do a save as from that icon to see if all my setting are saved.. I normally use the top menu for save...

Destiny..

Attachments:
RMS-and-THumbs.jpg
RMS-and-THumbs.jpg [ 192.29 KiB | Viewed 284 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:40 am 

Well that is just wonderful.. The APG 3.5 Papywiz export xml code works well.. My RMS has gone from about 4.3 to 2.9.. The question is.. Why doesn't APG 3.5 give a much better result without the need for xml code... I do not need to add xml code to achieve a great result using PTGui..

The resulting pano has no stitching errors using APG 3.5 Papywiz xml.. However, the blending is a bit open so I will need to run more test on this.... It might be as a result of if I use the Roundshot XML and the Papywiz XML, these two options interpret the index image very differently.. The Roundshot will set it to at the mid image but the Papywiz xml will not...

Destiny...

Attachments:
ExcellentRMS.jpg
ExcellentRMS.jpg [ 21.21 KiB | Viewed 280 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:52 am 

Well... I used the 'save as' and the 'extended save as' to save my .pano file but no images appear.. I waited for a while but then APG crashed.. At least if I use the main menu to save as the images do appear...

Destiny...

Attachments:
saveas.jpg
saveas.jpg [ 27.28 KiB | Viewed 280 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:01 am 

I rebooted and tried again.. It might have been a glitch.., since now the images appear.. The .pano 'saved as' was saved within the same folder as the .tifs and the 'extended save as' I provided the folder location of the images.. Both seem to load images now..... kind of.. its says missing image... both options....

Destiny..

Attachments:
extendedsaveasimagesmissing.jpg
extendedsaveasimagesmissing.jpg [ 63.32 KiB | Viewed 280 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:17 am 

No matter which xml code I use, or even none.. I still cannot work out how to remove this point thing on my Zenith..

Does anyone else get this occur....??

Destiny..

Attachments:
Zenith.jpg
Zenith.jpg [ 74.01 KiB | Viewed 277 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:39 pm 

Destiny wrote:
No matter which xml code I use, or even none.. I still cannot work out how to remove this point thing on my Zenith..

Does anyone else get this occur....??

Destiny..

Incorrect alignment or incorrect projection.

Not precisely 360x180° resp. 2:1

Klaus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:45 pm 

The Radio is perfect 2:1

If I move my projection 1mm increments forward or backwards, from the current position up to 6mm.. No difference to the indent on the Zenith, however, my RMS goes way up and the detection says Good rather than Excellent at the current settings... PTGui does not have this issue... The NNP as far as I can tell is perfect... It only occurred since using the new shooting pattern, -15+50 X6.. When using +/-45 I do not get this issue, but the stitching then has issues..

Destiny..

Attachments:
Nadir.jpg
Nadir.jpg [ 248.51 KiB | Viewed 256 times ]
360X180.jpg
360X180.jpg [ 58.16 KiB | Viewed 256 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:44 pm 

I moved my camera/lens from 31 to +/- 5mm. I still get an indent on the Zenith and the stitching gets worse.. By all accounts my NNP is correctly set at 28mm going by the data obtained from the Database link below, but 31mm provides the best result. Setting it to 28mm on my top rial is terrible. But the recommendation is 46mm which relates to 28mm on my top rail...

We set it using all of the calibrations from this web site below and used a Vernier Calliper using data base of our lens information to set the NNP.. It should be 28mm which was derived from using a metal ruler laying it across the faces of the camera flange where the lens sits, and laying it onto the increments of the top rail where it hit it at 74mm…. If I take the recommendation of 46mm from the 74mm, that leaves 28mm on our top rail mm…. but this setting is even worse than having it set to 31mm or 32mm…

Setting the centre of the lens…
My tripod screw is 50mm from the centre to the back.. My Quick Release is 24mm thick.... That makes my centring of my camera 74mm..

My camera is set perfectly at 90 degrees to the VR Drive. My bubble is perfect and the D800 internal digital level is in the green. Holding a metal ruler across the face of my lens rim face, is 74mm.. From this point, which is the face of the lens too should be set to 46mm recommended.. Take 46mm from

http://wiki.panotools.org/Entrance_Pupil_Database

The the protrusion of the lens +/- 1mm from 31mm or 32mm… both APG and PTGui produce a perfect stitch, however, APG create a kink in the Zenith..

The question is..: Is this a APG glitch or is my NNP set incorrect..

This issue only happened after using the -15 + 50 X 6.. So perhaps this is not a good setting but it’s working really well apart from the small glitch with the Zenith....

Destiny…

Attachments:
Zenith.jpg
Zenith.jpg [ 75.04 KiB | Viewed 241 times ]
FinalNadir.jpg
FinalNadir.jpg [ 261.3 KiB | Viewed 241 times ]
46recommended.jpg
46recommended.jpg [ 27.49 KiB | Viewed 241 times ]