Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:49 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:02 pm 

New to beta 3 is that we can hide the tabs that are too complicated for some......whot? Yes you read it correctly in the relase notes.

So we had a nice good working editor in 3.0.8, which was replaced by a very uncomprehensive interface in b2 and now the users are to blame?

Please kolor, go back to the 3.0.8 interface. Admit you made a mistake. It is better to turn halfway then to go wrong all the way.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:45 pm 

So how do we find and activate the Advanced mode of the Control Points Editor?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:18 am 

Click on ctrl points editor and have a laugh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:24 am 

sorry guys,
:cool: :) :cool:
I dont get your point...

wow its really hard to find the "Advanced mode" on right side example apg 3.5beta 3...
its also massive confusing if the "Information" block ist now in beta 3 on top place and no longer on bottom like in 3.0.8
and its really desastrous confusing to have now 2 glide-buttons (instead of one) for hiding the links and for hiding Points now
and finally all of the now "advanced" Settings can be found on left sides 3.0.8 example by clicking on the "optimization Settings" Botton...

... sorry reaaaalllly dont get the point....

Georg

EDIT PS: :cool: do you really talk about 2.5 b3 (from subject line)

Attachments:
2014-03-04 00_16_04-Program Manager.png
2014-03-04 00_16_04-Program Manager.png [ 290.93 KiB | Viewed 263 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:54 am 
Administrator

Interesting. Beside design, I don't see what you have against the new control point editor.
We tried to be coherent and put everything in the right place:
- in the control point editor windows, only tools to create or remove cp
- in the main windows, optimize, filtering, options ( quite everything in the advanced tools that should only be activated in some cases )

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:42 am 

Alexandre,

It is obvious you don't see what is wrong, if you would you would not have designed it like this. Indirectly and subconsously you admit the interface is wrong as you added the advanced checkmark.
Instead of this advanced checkmark I would prefer to have a checkmark in the editor or general settings that gives me back the 3.0.8. interface. Worked great, users were used to it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:47 am 

All these lines show what is wrong. Things have been moved around. Why move things around when people are used to finding them at a certain place. Stupid mistake which is confirmed by the advanced checkmark

It is like microsoft removing the start button............ really beginners mistake or pure arrogance from the designers

gkaefer wrote:
sorry guys,
:cool: :) :cool:
I dont get your point...

wow its really hard to find the "Advanced mode" on right side example apg 3.5beta 3...
its also massive confusing if the "Information" block ist now in beta 3 on top place and no longer on bottom like in 3.0.8
and its really desastrous confusing to have now 2 glide-buttons (instead of one) for hiding the links and for hiding Points now
and finally all of the now "advanced" Settings can be found on left sides 3.0.8 example by clicking on the "optimization Settings" Botton...

... sorry reaaaalllly dont get the point....

Georg

EDIT PS: :cool: do you really talk about 2.5 b3 (from subject line)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:39 pm 

HansKeesom wrote:
Alexandre,

It is obvious you don't see what is wrong, if you would you would not have designed it like this. Indirectly and subconsously you admit the interface is wrong as you added the advanced checkmark.
Instead of this advanced checkmark I would prefer to have a checkmark in the editor or general settings that gives me back the 3.0.8. interface. Worked great, users were used to it.

I assist.

Klaus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:41 pm 

klausesser wrote:
HansKeesom wrote:
Alexandre,

I assist.

Klaus

I dont.
in 3.0.8 you klick advanced Settings and a new window is opening you've to move it around, now the funtionality went into main window.

to compare it with Microsofts Dropdown of the start buttton is wrong. no function got lost, you dont have to install third Party apps to get your advanced Feature Settings back.

If you were used to move the seperate advanced settings window on a seperate Monitor to have the window open all the time and at the same time more space on first Monitor for working on the pano..... you are free to do it in 3.5 beta 3... just drag the window out of the mainwindow.... and place it where you like... (see screenshot)

Georg

Attachments:
2014-03-04 19_37_42-Autopano Giga 64bits 3.5.0 Beta 3.png
2014-03-04 19_37_42-Autopano Giga 64bits 3.5.0 Beta 3.png [ 321.6 KiB | Viewed 224 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:14 pm 

Imagine they would change locations of the pedals in your car, put the gearshift where the windowwiper used to be and the handbrake now controls the radio.

Whatever they do under the hood, don't mess with the user interface!

gkaefer wrote:
klausesser wrote:
HansKeesom wrote:
Alexandre,

I assist.

Klaus

I dont.
in 3.0.8 you klick advanced Settings and a new window is opening you've to move it around, now the funtionality went into main window.

to compare it with Microsofts Dropdown of the start buttton is wrong. no function got lost, you dont have to install third Party apps to get your advanced Feature Settings back.

If you were used to move the seperate advanced settings window on a seperate Monitor to have the window open all the time and at the same time more space on first Monitor for working on the pano..... you are free to do it in 3.5 beta 3... just drag the window out of the mainwindow.... and place it where you like... (see screenshot)

Georg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:43 pm 

HansKeesom wrote:
Imagine they would change locations of the pedals in your car, put the gearshift where the windowwiper used to be and the handbrake now controls the radio.

Whatever they do under the hood, don't mess with the user interface!

you never switched from XP to win7 or later from win 7 to win8?
one tip: never Change from Office 2003 or 2007 to 2010 and never ever to 2013....

car: never enter any Kind of electric car. it could be disappointing for you.... only gas pedal left: the breaking pedal is only remaining for law rules, but driving 2 hours with the car in City area you only will have to use it 2-3 times. the rest is done with rekuperation... generating electricity using the breaking Forces... so using the traditional braking pedal is obsolete.
(BMW i3 as an example I can Report first Hand pracise ... working for IT departement of BMW Financial Services...)

Liebe Grüße,
Georg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:12 am 

Georg, thank you for the example with the electric car, it is proofing my point. In a electric car you still have everything like a normal car, only the leftmost pedal is gone. The rest is working exactly the same, even though under the hood there is a lot of different technology.