Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:11 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:07 pm 

Just trying out the new APG3.5B2 on Kubuntu saucy.

It did not import any settings from APG3, including the activation code, most recent files edited, directories -- everything. It was like a fresh install.

It is using a strange font in the menus and other text -- a very blocky, 8x8 bitmap sort of font, a bit difficult to read.

And it still crashes on the very simple 4 image pano I was trying to assemble -- you have the auto-upload report on that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:55 pm 

Well in windows 64 the chrashing still goes on to the point on loosing half my productivity

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:02 am 
Administrator

We never import settings from previous version, as we often change the format of those settings. To prevent instabilities, we start from scratch for any new version besides revisions ( 3.0.7 to 3.0.8 keeps settings, 3.0.x to 3.5.y doesn't share settings ).
We'll look into the font problem: issue 3343

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:34 pm 

Ah. I might suggest storing them in an xml that can be portable over versions. You could even, on version change, read the old setttings once and write out a new one, importing what you can, forgetting what you must.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:30 am 
Administrator

In fact, it is stored in a xml format (on linux, under your account, under .config, you have a file called autopano* ).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:51 pm 

Actually, it's in a directory called Kolor, but I found it.

These days, I advise a new design pattern for config files. There, you split configuration information based on who generates it. That generated by the user goes into its own section or file, and it supersedes information pre-configured, generated and updated by the software. Thus my personal config file (which lives in my home dir) contains only the things which I have changed from the defaults, and I can re-use it over different versions of the software. This is slowly becoming common with tools that use hand-edited config files, they put the user-based config into a different file or directory and have all developer maintained config in other files which the user never touches. This is harder to do when the config is maintained via a GUI, as you need a tool to understand what the user changed rather than just what they accepted. This style of config makes updates, resets to default and system maintenance much easier. However, as noted it's harder for GUI config tools.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:34 pm 

Hello bradtem, the fix for the font issue will be available in beta 4 but you can patch your copy now by replacing the file "libQtGui.so.4" of your Autopano folder by the one of the Panotour archive ( http://download.kolor.com/pt/stable/linux64tar )
Best regards,
Antoine