Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:15 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:51 am 

If I open my #.pano file, the RMS are way different... When I open my #.apw file, its apparent that the reason for this is the fact that nothing has been saved.. Its seems that only default values have been saved.. This is using bracketed stacked... I unchecked the Auto Colour Correction again, Set HardLinks, Set Exposure Fusion since none of these setting were saved....

Destiny...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:49 pm 
Administrator

I didn't really get that demand:
- Rms is just indicative in the .pano file. It is recomputed from the .pano information as some advanced user could decided to change the yaw/pitch/roll of camera in the .pano file, making rms bad. So we save it just for information, in no way it is representative of the .pano
- APW just stores the other .pano / groups
- default values of the software are done from the software, not from a .pano

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:47 pm 

AlexandreJ wrote:
I didn't really get that demand:
- Rms is just indicative in the .pano file. It is recomputed from the .pano information as some advanced user could decided to change the yaw/pitch/roll of camera in the .pano file, making rms bad. So we save it just for information, in no way it is representative of the .pano
- APW just stores the other .pano / groups
- default values of the software are done from the software, not from a .pano

I think Destiny feels that when loading an APW then she expects all settimgs to be restored to the way they were when she saved the workspace.

That seems a reasonable expectation.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:47 pm 

That's exactly it Andrew.. There is no real point in saving an APG file, since nothing is saved to the setting I set them at... Everything reverts back to the defaults settings when reopened.. The only thing that occurs with a saved APG file is the the images are loaded.. APG does not save the users settings...

Actually Alexandre.. Its not a "demand", its acutely a advisory to report a bug... .... I think..

Destiny...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:59 am 
Administrator

Hum, strange. The .pano save all local settings to that .pano. If you changed for example rendering format to tiff 16bits, it keeps it.
Any settings that defines a panorama is stored in the .pano.
There are some settings that are not stored in the .pano as they are generals ( shared by the whole application ).
One example, the fact that if images don't have exif, they should be considered like 15mm fisheye for example.

So Destiny, what settings are you missing ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:44 pm 

"So Destiny, what settings are you missing ?"

If I had a big deep voice I would say very slowly...."All of them"... Like that big mussel man who did the Terminator movies.. ;)

Well.. I add the bracketed images and group them, I unstick auto colour.. I set Hard Links, and set Exposure Fusion... then save as my files... Then reopen the .pano file.. Noting is saved. All I have is the default settings..

Destiny..