Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:53 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:50 pm 

Hey...

I am a bit over the RAM/Memory issues with APG.. I can render anything in PTGui, any size, any format with only 4 GIG of RAM, and now I have 8 GIG of RAM and I still cannot render using APG... I gave up setting it to Auto Render since that just doesn't work.. If I split the process up, detect and then render it will do it if I just do small panos or JPGs..

So, what is the best way to allow APG to use RAM effectively.. ??

Destiny...

Attachments:
momory.jpg
momory.jpg [ 93.57 KiB | Viewed 202 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:11 am 

if possible you could upgrade to 16GB. this did the trick on my dell XPs pc... combined with Change from 32 to 64bit OS.

I had with 8GB ram max 50% free. you only 25%.
So you could - before starting autopano - try to Close all unneeded programs (Adobe Software of any Fashion e.g., Webbrowsers, emailclients etc.).
also closing all unneeded Services allocating Memory.
apg than should be able to use 50% or even more from your 8GB ram.
you also could set the Cache Division to Auto.

Liebe Grüße,
Georg

Attachments:
2014-02-27 00_04_56-Autopano Giga 64bits 3.0.8.png
2014-02-27 00_04_56-Autopano Giga 64bits 3.0.8.png [ 9.32 KiB | Viewed 197 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:56 am 

Hi Georg.. I had everything closed but.. what I need to do is re-boot my Mac.. Then it renders.. I have to save my APG file and re-open it.. Strange thing.. When I re-open the .pano file, the RMS are much lower than when I first detected at 2.79 from 4.27.. I really do not like the RMS indicator since it really means nothing to me.. And since its changed its value in V3.5, its has even less meaning to me... I rendered at both RMS settings and there was no difference at all.... I do not have to reboot with PTGui, I can work for hours and have apps open and its will still render even with 4 GIG of RAM...

Destiny...

Attachments:
RMS.jpg
RMS.jpg [ 30.74 KiB | Viewed 191 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:55 am 

.... and then I find out that I cannot just open the #.pano file and use that, I have to open the #.apw file.. The change in RMS is dues to some images having no links.. But its ok.. I have Excellent with the RMS.. oh hum...!! Once I open the #.apw file I need to re-detect... :rolleyes: The RMS then goes to 4.08, which is different from the first time the images where detected resulting in a RMS of 4.27... Just goes to show how next to useless the RMS indicator really is... but....

While wondering why there is a difference it seems that even though I have saved my APG, its isn't really saved at all.. I set it to Hard Link but its opened up at Control Points.. and.. hasn't even saved the Exposure Fusion setting, its reverted to Anti-Ghost, so save as is not really save as at all.. Perhaps a bug..... =( Even colour correction has been ticked.. So it seems APG reverts to the default settings and not saved settings...

After I put it all back to my settings, I get a RMS of 4.28.. dmmm

Destiny..

Attachments:
no-links.jpg
no-links.jpg [ 39.63 KiB | Viewed 187 times ]