Preserving setting with new APG version  

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Pro / Giga bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
no avatar
miska

Preserving setting with new APG version

by miska » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:33 pm

Hi,
I don't know if this is a "bug or a feature". When I installed APG 3.5 beta 1, the new (beta) version didn't remember the settings I had in my old version (APG 3.0.8). This is a bit annoying, since I had to go to each config menu, and reconfigure APG, and tell it what file naming convention I wanted, output directories, that I wanted the panos to use relative paths and so on.
I seem to remember that this was already the behavior when going from APG2 to APG3.

Of course, there are some new parameters which need to be set for the new software, but it would be nice to keep at least some settings from version to version.

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Re: Preserving setting with new APG version

by AlexandreJ » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:57 pm

This is true. As we try to let both software versions be totally independent, we don't import any settings.
It is a feature, a decision we made.

no avatar
miska

Re: Preserving setting with new APG version

by miska » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:37 pm

Ok, I understand.
It would be helpful though, if you could start both versions at the same time, to be able to copy / paste the settings from one window to the other (now I had to take notes on an archaic device called paper, to remember which %i%p%*&^%$.pano I wanted to use as a file naming convention).
With 3.5b1 open, I could not open 3.08 at the same time (Win 7 64 bit) without getting the 3.08 to crash at launch, so the copy paste couldn't be used.

Return to Autopano bug & discussion