Memory usage setting  

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Pro / Giga bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
no avatar
chafouin

Memory usage setting

by chafouin » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:44 pm

Hello,

I am pretty annoyed by the fact that the memory usage related to the memory that was available when the software was opened. I ended up using only 5GB of my 36GB because I opened the software while I was working on Photoshop. And it forces me to kill Autopano, and reopen it to get more memory.

Also the memory usage setting is actually a percentage, which means that I thought I set it up to use 25GB max, but it changes all the time...

Any plan to change that?

gkaefer

Re: Memory usage setting

by gkaefer » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:18 pm

chafouin wrote:Hello,

I am pretty annoyed by the fact that the memory usage related to the memory that was available when the software was opened. I ended up using only 5GB of my 36GB because I opened the software while I was working on Photoshop. And it forces me to kill Autopano, and reopen it to get more memory.

Also the memory usage setting is actually a percentage, which means that I thought I set it up to use 25GB max, but it changes all the time...

Any plan to change that?

hmm.. you cant blame autopano to have only 5GB RAM available when Photoshop is eating up the Chips... (36GB physically Memory - 7-10GB for Windows - the 5GB remaining free Memory ~ 20GB useage by Photoshop)

Georg

PS: my win8.1 64bit PC with 16GB Ram does provice 10GB free mem for apg if I Close all other programs like Virus scanner, ptp, IE & Firefox Adobe photoshop elements etc.. With some of them started apg only can Count with 3-5 GB Ram....

Return to Autopano bug & discussion