I try out these two downloads from Klaus also on Win7x64 with APG 3.0.8 (64bit).
And it's clear that there is something misterious in this papywizard module !
But who wonders: it's logo is the hat from Merlin
My first try was with my general settings for testing giga-panos and end up in a totally mess, see below:
As you can see, the papywizard reads the XML correctly but shows no focal length from the EXIF.
This is ok because all this images have no EXIF inside, no ones from the D800 also (?).
All images are in portrait orientation without rotating them. The preview in the wizard is funny
because there are gigantic gaps between this overlapping images. This calculation is clearly wrong.
But now, APG starts with a focal length of 1mm (one !!!) and the pano was a completely mess.
But: The lens is declared as "STANDARD"
Then I close APG and start it again, first I set all general settings to the default values. Then the papywizard shows me again the XML data but no EXIF focal length.
And now - APG starts - magically - with a standard 20mm lens and the pano is ok.
So, what happends that it works now?
I try to reconfigurate my settings as they was and try to replicate the first case.
With no success. But with the forth try APG hangs up while optimize the controll points. I have - for the first time - to shut down APG !
For me it's clear: This wizard has some strange quirks and idiosyncrasies that need to be addressed. The XML import is important for all who work with motorized heads, and must work correctly with and without EXIF data in each case, and on each machine, PC or MAC. And with fisheye and wide angles.
On the other hand I know as an IT-specialist that there aren't two exactly identical computer on the world. My recommendation for Klaus is completely reinstall APG and then try using the default settings again. Maybe it helps.