change folder name, then links are broken  

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Pro / Giga bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
no avatar
wilecoyote78

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

change folder name, then links are broken

by wilecoyote78 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:49 pm

Hi !

I need your help, but my english is basic...

I've made a pano with Autopano Giga, using enfused pictures. I've changed folder name because I've committed a mistake, and when I try to open the pano file, the links are broken. Autopano Giga tell me the new folder place. I indicate the new folder, but the pictures are still invisible...

please, could you help me ?

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:19 pm

wilecoyote78 wrote:Hi !

I've made a pano with Autopano Giga, using enfused pictures. I've changed folder name because I've committed a mistake, and when I try to open the pano file, the links are broken. Autopano Giga tell me the new folder place. I indicate the new folder, but the pictures are still invisible...

Welcome to the forum....

Change the folder name back to what is was when you first created the .pano file?

If that allows you to open the project you can use Save as... to save it under another folder name.
Last edited by mediavets on Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:35 pm

mediavets wrote:
wilecoyote78 wrote:Hi !

Welcome to the forum....

Change the folder name back to what is was when you first created the .pano file?

Better give it back the inital - mistaken - name! Otherwise you need to correct the path to the new name everywhere in the xml.

When you made a mistake in typing you can editit the name which is shown in public by editing the public-name of the pano/tour in the pano/tour.html resp. the index.html

best, klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
vklaffehn

Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: change folder name, then links are broken

by vklaffehn » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:21 pm

Hi!
You can also open the .pano file with a text editor (i.e. Notepad++) and 'search&replace' the old foldername with the changed one.
@Klaus: I think you have mistaken Autopano with PanoTour here :-)

Mfg
Volker