Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:09 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:22 am 

Win 8 64bits, AGP 3.0.7

Hi,

I've found a "crazy" series of bugs in AGP 3.0.7, and I want to be sure I'm not crazy as well :-)

My camera is a CANON 1D X, you can see I wrote "1D X" and not "1DX".

1st bug (which I've heard about it a long time ago but I thought it might be solved in a second if Kolor team would like to do so:
- when I go to image properties, I can see AGP got the EXIF information but forgot to parse correctly the camera name and all my pictures are tagged as shoot by a Canon 1D :-(

2nd bug:
- If I changed the camera settings to put back the right camera (CANON 1D X) it will not be saved, worse, it will keep the last camera settings :-( So it's impossible to be sure AGP kept the right information I've put hence to go back again and again to check and try to set it up again...

3rd bug and worst of the 3:
- If I change the camera settings, it can affect the sensor scale (which is normal and expected), but..... It will change also the real focal length recorded inside the EXIF information :-( :-( :-(
The result in conjunction with the 2nd bug is that if I go back few times to set the camera model name, it will changes the Focal lens by reducing the focal time after time, scary no?

Look at my video to know what I mean:

http://youtu.be/MYNEO3u5zwM

Hope it can be solved fast as I think it's no need to reengineering all the software for those simple bugs :-)

Thanks in advance.

Morgan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:49 am 
Administrator

Hi,

This is a single issue and you can probably fix it already from your side.
The whole system with sensor scale is working based on a simple text file stored on the application settings folder.

1) Where is this folder ?

windows : open the explorer and enter %appdata%, you'll get to a folder. Depending on the OS (Xp -> W8), it could look like "c:/Users/yourname/AppData/Roaming".
You need to go up one level and go to local / Kolor / Autopano Giga 3.0 for example . See the attached screenshot.
Mac : /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/
Linux : on the user home / .config ( If I remember well ... )

2) In Kolor folder

There is 2 folders, the default value that are provided by Kolor ( folder Kolor ). As soon as you update a software this folder will be overwritten.
The User folder. You can copy one of the settings from Kolor subfolder and put it in the User folder ( conserving the relative folders and naming ). Then you can overwrite several settings ( If you want to have your own icons sets, this is the way to do ).

3) Lens / Cameras settings.

This is stored in Kolor / Data / Cameras.txt settings.

The case you have seems to comes from EXIF issue.
Look into the cameras.txt

It does say that first, we should fit the exif Model with "EOS-1D X" ( with a space ).
Then 1DC, etc. Until 1D. If the software found out ID and not "1D X" it is probably because inside the EXIF of your file, it is not written as that.

"extract from cameras.txt "
Code:
Canon;EOS-1D X;1.000
Canon;EOS-1DC;1.000
Canon;EOS-1Ds;1.006
Canon;EOS-1D;1.254

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:53 am 

Hi Alexandre,

Thanks for your super prompt answer, I will check that right away.

Thanks a lot and happy to know the boss is still close to the customers :-)

Morgan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:18 pm 

Thank you Alexandre, it works perfectly, but I called CANON and they confirmed the EXIF data is correct, CANON put 1D X with a space so they advised me/you to change the txt file.
Only tips for the other users, we must modify the user version of the txt file, not the one under the Kolor folder as it is reset every time I close/reopen the software.

Thanks.

Morgan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:37 pm 
Administrator

Did you have the "1D X" entry or not ? Apparently not.
THe quote I've put in the real extract of the latest version of the autopano. So probably it has been already fixed for 3.0.8.