Registration code not working  

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Pro / Giga bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
signmaster

Registration code not working

by signmaster » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:12 am

Hi All
I just purchased Panotour Pro 2.0 Windows and as it is unavailable for download I downloaded 1.8.
The password that I received with my order will not work with 1.8??
I understand it should work until the release version 2.
I receive the following error.
"Registration failed. The licence you have is obsolete. You need to update your registration code. Go to ..."

I have an urgent job that requires access to a tour with mobile devices, need to have a tour up tonight for tomorrow morning to show a client.
I emailed support but it appears they did not understand. They suggested that I join the ver 2 forum and download ver 2. I have sent off an email to do that (waiting for confirmation) but just need version 1.8 working for now.
Any help appreciated.

Regards
Steve

Destiny

by Destiny » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:19 am

Hi Steve..

Thats correct but unfortunately its the weekend so you will not have access until Monday morning French Time..

I will send an email on your behalf to see if I can get things moving a bit faster for you..

Kolor are registering all new users of PTP V2 manually as I understand..

Destiny..
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:30 am

signmaster wrote:Hi All
I just purchased Panotour Pro 2.0 Windows and as it is unavailable for download I downloaded 1.8.
The password that I received with my order will not work with 1.8??
I understand it should work until the release version 2.
I receive the following error.
"Registration failed. The licence you have is obsolete. You need to update your registration code. Go to ..."

I have an urgent job that requires access to a tour with mobile devices, need to have a tour up tonight for tomorrow morning to show a client.
I emailed support but it appears they did not understand. They suggested that I join the ver 2 forum and download ver 2. I have sent off an email to do that (waiting for confirmation) but just need version 1.8 working for now.
Any help appreciated.

Regards
Steve

I am confused by your message.

PTP 2.x is not yet available for purchase as a product.

You can however buy a license for PTP 1.8 + update to 2.0 - see screenshot.

Is this what you purchased?

If so it states that:

"When buying Panotour Pro today you get 2 product keys: one for the current version (1.8) and one for next version (2.0)."

Did you not get two product keys?

Regarding PTP support for mobile devices:

1. PTP 1.8 can create tours that can be viewed with Flash-enabled platforms and Apple iDevices. Some earlier Android devices can be used to view the Flash version of a tour, but explicit mobile support is exclusively for iDevices.

2. PTP 2.x supports a wider range of mobile devices including many Android devices.

Last edited by mediavets on Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

Destiny

by Destiny » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:33 am

Hi Steve..

Email sent..

Gérald is a really helpful guy. He might open his email on Sunday.. If so, he might be able to action your request.. Unfortunately, no VIP ROOM member has rights to provide you with the url to download the software.. Perhaps Kolor needs a backup plan..

Just remember, PTP V2 is still in Alpha testing.. If you are using it for a client project, it still have bugs with features work in progress.. You also have a steep learning curve to learn how to use it since its nothing like V1.8..

Don't you have a licence for V1.8... You can check in "My Account" top of this page.. I suggest you use that for your project...

Destiny..
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

signmaster

by signmaster » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:34 am

Thanks for that info Destiny. Wish I had known that as I need the tour for a presentation. Hopefully I can either get version 1.8 or version 2 working early Monday morning in time for the presentation. I have finished the tour so I only need a rego code that will work with 1.8. Thought I would just pay my money, download and all would be OK.

Steve

Destiny

by Destiny » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:36 am

Check "My Account"

As Andrew says, you should have the licence for V1.8

Destiny..

signmaster

by signmaster » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:45 am

I have checked "My Account" and it only lists a licence for version 2, no licence for version 1.8 I upgraded from Panotour 1.5.
1.8 will be fine as I only need it to work on an iPad for the demo.
Steve

Destiny

by Destiny » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:02 am

Which version did you make your Tour in.. You made no mention you had the licence for V1.5 only in your first statement..

Getting the licence for V2 is not really going to help you with your current Tour.. The licences are different.. if you only have a licence for V1.5, you will have to request a licence for V1.8 separately.. You will not be able to open your V1.8 Tour fully in V2.. Many features are not compatible.. Just be aware, V2 Tours will also open on Android very well..

Destiny..

signmaster

by signmaster » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:14 am

I actually thought I was purchasing a upgrade to ver 1.8 with a free upgrade to ver 2 when released.
I have done the tour in v1.8 in demo mode. I don't understand why I only received a licence number for ver2,
If I can not load my tour into ver 2, you are right, I just need the licence code for ver 1.8 which is what I should have recieved when I upgraded.
Steve
Last edited by signmaster on Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:15 am

signmaster wrote:I have checked "My Account" and it only lists a licence for version 2, no licence for version 1.8 I upgraded from Panotour 1.5.
1.8 will be fine as I only need it to work on an iPad for the demo.
Steve

Does your PTP 1.5 license not work with PTP 1.8?

I quote from Kolor's update and upgrade policy: http://www.kolor.com/updates.html

"All updates made within the same version number (example: Autopano Pro 2.0.9 to Autopano Pro 2.6, or Panotour 1.0 to Panotour 1.8) are FREE and you just need to download the latest version and use the registration code you received when you purchased the application."

Or is your 1.5 license for Panotour and not Panotour Pro?
Last edited by mediavets on Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

signmaster

by signmaster » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:29 am

My 1.5 is Panotour not Panotour Pro, so licence will not work.
I purchased Panotour Pro 1.8 + update to 2.0 and only recieved the code for ver 2 or the code is faulty in some way.
(apologies for the confusion in my first message about purchasing ver 2)
Steve
Last edited by signmaster on Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:40 am

signmaster wrote:My 1.5 is Panotour not Panotour Pro, so licence will not work.
I purchased Panotour Pro 1.8 + update to 2.0 and only recieved the code for ver 2 or the code is faulty in some way.
Steve

So which of the upgrade options did you go for?

Andrew Stephens

Destiny

by Destiny » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:41 am

Its currently about 9:40 in France. I am sure when Gérald opens his emails, if he is able to assist you over the weekend he will... But its Sunday so don't count on it..

Destiny...

signmaster

by signmaster » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:56 am

I think (I am confused now) I purchase Panotour Pro ver2 but thought that I would receive 1.8 and a free upgrade to 2 when it is released as it said elsewhere on the website. I don't understand how they can sell a licence just for ver 2 as it has not been released as yet. Unless you have to pay to be a Beta Tester?
Steve

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:20 am

The options you presented images for are different - you'll note they have different prices.

The first option is to upgrade from Panotour 1.x to Panotour Pro 2.x. In which case you'll just get the PTP 2.x license.

The other option is to purchase a new license for PTP 1.8 (not an upgrade license) - in which case you'll get two license keys, one for PTP 1.8 and another for PTP 2.x. the license fee for 1.8 was increased a lot after July 1 to include the PTP 2.x license.

Of course you don't have to pay to be an alpha/beta tester...but so many people wanted to use PTP 2.x in a prelease state warts-n-all for production work (ie. with no limitations of current functionality and without watermarked output) - ptincipally for the enhanced mobiel support - that Kolor decided to make license keys available for PTP 2.x before the final release.
Andrew Stephens

signmaster

by signmaster » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:00 am

I think that makes sense. So hope I will be able to pay the difference and also receive a licence for 1.8, looks like no discount for having Panotour 1.5?
Would have helped if that was a bit clearer on the website.
Steve

Last edited by signmaster on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Autopano bug & discussion