Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:58 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:10 am 

Hi,

This is my bug:

I set a queue of rendering panoramas (most of the time its a normal rendering means one file, but I set also rendering by layers), then sometimes, AGP stop to use 99% of my CPU and slow down to about 9/10% and at this moment I can tell it will never finish the rendering, it's like stuck or hang at a certain stage and will not goes on anymore.
More serious, if I decide to stop or pause the batch renderer it doesn't seem to work and finally I have to close the software. When I close it properly it will warn me the rendering is in progress so it asks me for a confirmation to quit. After that I can wait endlessly but the software will never close, so I have to kill the tasks manually. If I restart the AGP I will never be able to render anything new as it mention a problem like there is not enough memory and/or the panorama has too much pictures...

I reproduced this problem often and I can tell it stops always after the second layers when it's "per layers" rendering.

Please find one screen shot not really useful for you as it's just a screen shot to show you the low CPU load.

Hope it helps you.

Sincerely

Morgan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:48 am 

Hi Morgan..

I had something like this with 3D Studio Max.. I found out that the rendering was actually still working.. It just seemed that it wasn't via the Terminal information.... Often it took a long time to cancel, making me think I might as well have just let it continue.. its seemed to backtrack its process.. My suggestion is... Leave it for a bit longer.. It might spark back into action after a pause.... I am not suggesting that it will work, but it will be worth a go....

Destiny...

Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:47 am 

Hi Destiny,

I queued 12 panoramas, and 10 of them where finished in less than 3 hours, and the 2 last one were still rendering after more than 8hours work :-) So I think I'm quite patient before to kill the task especially because all the panoramas have the same characteristics.

Thanks anyway.

Morgan